Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Default NBA2k9 reviews here!

So I thought to make a thread for those who get the NBA2k9 (xbox360) today or soon, so they can write their reviews for all of us. I should have time to read those cause if previous years tell me something is that the release date doens't keep here. So I'm going to get it in couple of weeks or months.

Serious playground baller exaqtion's Avatar

Default Re: NBA2k9 reviews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
    So I thought to make a thread for those who get the NBA2k9 (xbox360) today or soon, so they can write their reviews for all of us. I should have time to read those cause if previous years tell me something is that the release date doens't keep here. So I'm going to get it in couple of weeks or months.

Lol sorry man, but I love the game. Ive always been a nba live game but this year I switched and im so glad I did. First off the Gameplay is soooo realistic that at times it gets un-fun lol. I probably only get about 10 dunks a game, and score only about about 90 a game (In which on live it would be about 30 dunks, 125 pts, and 20 steals). But some of the littlest details makes it good also, like how when you block a shot it only goes half way too the rim, in which on live every block shot is "THROWN".

But the online mode makes the game, the 5 on 5 is awesome, just the lagginess mess's the online play up.

NBA rookie of the year

i can't even guard Luke Ridnour in this game!

but then again, I do use the Nets and they suck across the board this year

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

WHOAA WRONG NAME!!

Serious playground baller exaqtion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

True, it's impossible to have a non-stop defense. I probably only average 4 steals a game, and 4 blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    WHOAA WRONG NAME!!
    VCDAPTW sighting!

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

I read (I think it was in ign) that they have made the gameplay more faster. Is there a difference from last year, cause I thought that the speed of the game was good last year so is it much faster? Also can someone answer to the question I posted on this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=104871

The game is amazing. Overall a very solid improvement from last year. There are so many little things they made better that I dont really know where to begin. The players faces are amazingly lifelike. The physics engine seems much more realistic. The graphical flow of the game is much better (ie - the results of going for a blocked shot look realistic, instead of just clipping through the other players arm). The AI is much smarter than before, AI players come and set you screens, make cuts to the basket, etc.

My only 2 gripes are that they call charging way too often, and Kenny Smith got replaced by some random ********* as announcer.

Looks like this may have to go on my Christmas list as I spend $100 on this game right now. Maybe I should just get the PS2 version for $30.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I played a couple of games last night. The graphics look sharper. A little more detail overall. I didn't get a chance at too many fast breaks...so the AI is improved. The stars play like stars. When I beat the Lakers, Kobe was taking all these difficult shots....making some too. The gameplay has been sped up a tad and it definitely feels better than last year's game. Also, players show more of their on-court antics.....such as pre-free throw rituals and foul call complaining. Overall the best basketball game out there.

Three things that irked me:

The game froze on me once. I experienced this with last year's game. If anyone else experiences this....do this.....when you start up your system, make sure the disc is not in there. Just hit eject and then turn the power on. Once you're in the 360 menu screen, just close the disc tray with the game still in it.

In between quarters they show this crowd scene that I couldn't skip over. Just a minor annoyance.

The in-game subbing didn't seem to be as easy as last year's version. It could just be that I'm not used to it yet.

Having said this, I still think it's an awesome game. Get it. Don't get Live 09.

IGN.com

NBA 2K9 - 8.5/10 (GREAT)

NBA Live 2009 - 6.5/10 (PASSABLE)

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    The game is amazing. Overall a very solid improvement from last year. There are so many little things they made better that I dont really know where to begin. The players faces are amazingly lifelike. The physics engine seems much more realistic. The graphical flow of the game is much better (ie - the results of going for a blocked shot look realistic, instead of just clipping through the other players arm). The AI is much smarter than before, AI players come and set you screens, make cuts to the basket, etc.

My only 2 gripes are that they call charging way too often, and Kenny Smith got replaced by some random ********* as announcer.
    Thank God. I had to turn the announcer audio off in 2k8, because of how much retarded trash he says. It pissed me off so much when he said something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Thank God. I had to turn the announcer audio off in 2k8, because of how much retarded trash he says. It pissed me off so much when he said something.
    There is no lack of retarded things the announcers say in 2k9. This new guy has almost all the same lines as Kenny did in 2k8. He told me I should double team sasha vujucic after he made 2 threes in a row.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    There is no lack of retarded things the announcers say in 2k9. This new guy has almost all the same lines as Kenny did in 2k8. He told me I should double team sasha vujucic after he made 2 threes in a row.
    Looks like I'll be turning of the announcers in 2k9 aswell then.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

So I'm the same as some people on here, I've never played 2k games before, I've always played NBA Live games since 2004, I've been buying Live 2004 until 2007, this is going to be my first time playing NBA 2k, I'm so excited for it! I hope its awesome on the PS2, did/has anyone played the game on PS2?