Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Carmelo is not overrated. If anything he's underrated because most people don't realize how talented this guy is. Back in 2003 or whenever he was a rookie people some of the experts thought he might be better than LeBron when it's all said and done. Obviously that probably won't come true, but still.
    Carmelo and his supporters are still putting him in with Wade and Lebron. Alex English maybe. Lebron/Wade? LOL!

The problem with Carmelo is that he doesn't have his head screwed.
    That much is certain.

I usually hit open layups

Only a moron would consider Kobe selfish, especially after the 07-08 season...

Quote Originally Posted by KINGK
    Only a moron would consider Kobe selfish, especially after the 07-08 season...
    I don't think they're taking about last season only.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I don't think they're taking about last season only.
    Kobe has been sacrificing his game for the better of the team literally his whole career. And 07-08 was a great example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGK
    Kobe has been sacrificing his game for the better of the team literally his whole career. And 07-08 was a great example of that.
    He also stopped growing so he wasn't too tall for a SG, which was the position the Lakers needed him to play.

Not airballing my layups anymore

It's actually true. Aside from the last season with Shaq in 2004 and up to last year he showed a willingness to sacrafice for the good of the team. I think no one would argue that Kobe's career stats would be more impressive had he not played team ball with Shaq and the Lakers.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Every mention of Iverson is that he needs a team with players who don't have score first mentalities but instead are role players

But for Kobe there's no certain teammates he needs and he can succeed with score 1st players like Pau & Bynum.

Maybe I don't focus enough on Kobe as many of the Laker goofs do but Kobe plays more selfishly than Allen Iverson when it comes to forcing shots and taking contested shots.

People think that because Iverson went to the Finals with a bunch of role players then it means that Iverson can't win without role players and I don't believe that.

Then when LeBron is mentioned its said he needs another scorer yet he went to the NBA Finals with a cast of role players.

All great players are selfish at times. What set them apart is their shot selection and neither Kobe or Iverson have good shot selections.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    First AI doesn't live up to the hype either. Second, no one calls him the greatest or compares him to MJ. Third Karl isn't Phil. Third Carmelo is even more overrated than both of them put together.
    so you are bashing everybody??? AI, Kobe, Carmelo....Karl???

i don't consider either of those players selfish. they do what they can to help their respective teams win. the players who are selfish are the one's who get their money, get lazy, and don't produce.

Kobe has been sacrificing his game for the better of the team literally his whole career.
    LOL! He'd have more rings and less scoring titles if that was the case.

so you are bashing everybody??? AI, Kobe, Carmelo....Karl???
    Saying Karl isn't Phil is bashing him? The other 3 are highly overrated.

I rule the local playground Devientz's Avatar

LOL! He'd have more rings and less scoring titles if that was the case.
    Well, you seem like someone who thinks they know a lot about Kobe Bryant. Im curious, what exactly do you think that Kobe could have done differently in the past few years since Shaq left that would have won him rings. Please explain.

I'm talking with Shaq. At least one more and maybe more if his ego hadn't been too big to continue playing with Shaq.

[QUOTE=Xiao Yao You]LOL! He'd have more rings and less scoring titles if that was the case.

that's not true. the two seasons he was scoring at the rate he was scoring at was when he was next to kwame brown and smush parker. i think what lebron james has done in cleveland is amazing, but even he hasn't had players that bad.

and i love shaq, but i think the reason la fell apart had 50% to do with kobe and 50% to do with o'neal. the first 3 championships, kobe did what was best for the team and deferred. by season 4, i think kobe had eclipsed shaq as the best player on the team but neither guy was willing to sacrafice being the number one option. well, you saw what happened after that.

the two seasons he was scoring at the rate he was scoring at was when he was next to kwame brown and smush parker. i think what lebron james has done in cleveland is amazing, but even he hasn't had players that bad.
    Wouldn't call those players bad. Role players yes. Not everyone can be Gasol, Odom and Bynum. If Kobe was the greatest player in the game as he's billed they would have done better. He has the best coach. You think the Bulls team after the first MJ retirement was better? Not even close but they won almost as many as the MJ teams and barely missed going to the finals.

i love shaq, but i think the reason la fell apart had 50% to do with kobe and 50% to do with o'neal. the first 3 championships, kobe did what was best for the team and deferred. by season 4, i think kobe had eclipsed shaq as the best player on the team
    No he wasn't. Kobe threw up brick after brick against Detroit. He passes to Shaq and they win their 4th. If Kobe had been patient his time as the # 1 guy was coming as we've seen Shaq decline rapidly since.

Kobe got his money and scoring records which seem to be more important to him.

I'm talking with Shaq. At least one more and maybe more if his ego hadn't been too big to continue playing with Shaq.
    Just stop talking. You sound like a bitter 10 year old, *****ing about the same thing over and over again.