Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official offseason thread

The contract that im thinking feels a little more fool proof. 4 years with a player option at a little over 10 million a year.

It seems like alot but it will ge him here.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    The contract that im thinking feels a little more fool proof. 4 years with a player option at a little over 10 million a year.

It seems like alot but it will ge him here.
    How about we offer all PF's we want to go after the same contract we offered Josh Smith last year? Starting with Millsap. Somebody refresh me on what that was? I believe it was like 5 year, $ 57 mil? Around there?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    How about we offer all PF's we want to go after the same contract we offered Josh Smith last year? Starting with Millsap. Somebody refresh me on what that was? I believe it was like 5 year, $ 57 mil? Around there?
    All I know is that it was a pretty weak offer. Simply for the fact, that Atlanta could match any offer that was offered to Smith. So Memphis gave him a pretty weak offer so that Atlanta could easily match it. Kind of like Memphis giving Atlanta a break, it also keeps Memphis in Atlanta's good books leaving the doors open for potential trades/transactions in the future. It was purely a business move and nothing more.

We shouldnt pay over 50 something million unless its boozer.

We shouldnt pay over 50 something million unless its boozer.
    Though getting a PF is our #1 priority,(it should be, idk what is going on in the mind of Heisley), are there any players that stick out to y'all that we could use as veteran players off the bench? Because if there is one thing the griz lack is also veteran leadership.

Though getting a PF is our #1 priority,(it should be, idk what is going on in the mind of Heisley), are there any players that stick out to y'all that we could use as veteran players off the bench? Because if there is one thing the griz lack is also veteran leadership.
    What kind of player did you want? A banger or a finess player? I like chris wilcox he is an aggressive big man wo boards well and attacks the paint. Then there is a vet like tony battie who can shoot a little and has sneaky post moves that allow him to be effective in spurts, but I wouldnt have him start.

What kind of player did you want? A banger or a finess player? I like chris wilcox he is an aggressive big man wo boards well and attacks the paint. Then there is a vet like tony battie who can shoot a little and has sneaky post moves that allow him to be effective in spurts, but I wouldnt have him start.
    Well, I may have sounded pretty crazy on that last reply. My point is I just want to see the griz at LEAST try to get a big name player in the free agent market or through trade. That's all. But then again, i'm only 18. What do I know?

I am Chris Wilcox

I don't think we're going to sign any big name player any time soon. We have Gay and Mayo, who, if they can mature their attitudes and games, should be fine for us. But, we need a respectable PF to keep the defense honest. We don't need a top notch PF just yet, we already have a couple of talented players, we just need a defensive/rebounding PF that can bang in the paint.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

The Knicks, according to speculation, also expressed interest in acquiring center Darko Milicic in a deal that could possibly include Quentin Richardson, whose $9.3 million contract expires after the 2009-10 season. Milicic will earn $7.5 million this upcoming season -- the last of a three-year, $21 million deal.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    The Knicks, according to speculation, also expressed interest in acquiring center Darko Milicic in a deal that could possibly include Quentin Richardson, whose $9.3 million contract expires after the 2009-10 season. Milicic will earn $7.5 million this upcoming season -- the last of a three-year, $21 million deal.
    Where did you read this?

If this is true maybe we could use this to trade down or would allow us to take Thabeet. Though I would assume that NY would want Rubio.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

How about we all make a list of the Top 5 free agents the griz should go after?

I wouldnt want q-rich at this point. He used to be a good swing man. If we are drafting thabeet and need to move millic and thats are only option then I would do it. Otherwise I would'nt.

I wouldnt want q-rich at this point. He used to be a good swing man. If we are drafting thabeet and need to move millic and thats are only option then I would do it. Otherwise I would'nt.
    Well Q's contract is $8,685,500 per
    Darko's contract is $7,020,000 per

I don't know much about expiring contracts, but if the knicks are looking for expiring contracts, it wouldn't make much sense for them to have Q as part of the package. If they want to make a run @ Lebron after next season, they need all the money they can get, right?

Can someone explain this to me, please?

Well Q's contract is $8,685,500 per
    Darko's contract is $7,020,000 per

I don't know much about expiring contracts, but if the knicks are looking for expiring contracts, it wouldn't make much sense for them to have Q as part of the package. If they want to make a run @ Lebron after next season, they need all the money they can get, right?

Can someone explain this to me, please?
    Darko is an ok big man. And would be more effective than their current roster of centers. Q-rich is not really in the rotation for d'antonis system. He can shoot still but isnt that effective at the run'n' gun style. He was traded from the suns because of the coach. They admittedly dont fit well together. Mike likes to put him on the wings and rich like to post up.