Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uplo...gun_2_head.jpg

This is what my loyalty towards the grizz would do if we picked Thabeet.

I would be so disappointed if we draft Thabeet.

I usually hit open layups J-Memphis's Avatar

I do not have Insider access at ESPN so maybe someone who does can see further what this is about but one of the Rumor headlines reads "League source: Grizzlies won't take Rubio".

If in the minds of the staff it is already set in stone and they do not at least keep pursuing trade options until the last second, this team might be beyond recovery.

If nothing else I just hope the staff pursues a Rubio trade up until the last minute. Even if nothing works before the pick I would hope they would have the cajones to take him anyway and say to the rest of the league "You want Ricky, come get him."

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J-Memphis
    I do not have Insider access at ESPN so maybe someone who does can see further what this is about but one of the Rumor headlines reads "League source: Grizzlies won't take Rubio".

If in the minds of the staff it is already set in stone and they do not at least keep pursuing trade options until the last second, this team might be beyond recovery.

If nothing else I just hope the staff pursues a Rubio trade up until the last minute. Even if nothing works before the pick I would hope they would have the cajones to take him anyway and say to the rest of the league "You want Ricky, come get him."
    Here.

The mystery in Memphis

On Sunday, the intrigue surrounding what Memphis should do with the second pick in the draft continues to deepen, as a handful of names seem to be in play.

League source: Grizzlies won't take Rubio
    A league executive tells 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand that the Grizzlies will not take Ricky Rubio with the No. 2 pick.

But it's not like they have their minds made up.

The source said Memphis likes Hasheem Thabeet, Tyreke Evans, James Harden and Johnny Flynn. Thabeet is the most likely pick, among the four, even though he couldn't participate in a recent workout due to a sore shoulder.

The Knicks are also reportedly interested in trading up for Rubio. Two league executives told Marchand the Knicks like Stephen Curry more than Rubio. A third source says if Arizona forward Jordan Hill is available the Knicks are high on him as well.

All clear yet?

Thanks a lot BigSims

I wouldn't mind exploring the Knicks trade options more - It seems everyone is stuck on Minnesota after their trade for the 5 pick. Whatever happens, Im pulling for the Grizz to come away with multiple assets rather than just Thabeet or whoever at the 2.
    Last edited by J-Memphis; 06-24-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks a lot BigSims
    Anytime. I think it's retarded that people have to pay for ESPN insider anyway. Besides, my grizzlies brothers and sisters deserve to know what's going on.
    Last edited by BigSims2108; 06-24-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Banned

Welcome Hasheem Thabeet.

We better make a damn trade soon.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

This is exciting because no of us Grizzlies's Fans the few of us know what our front office will do. I am just hoping we can get Harden and somebody else. Trading down. Since Rubio isn't coming to town..

I am Chris Wilcox

I just don't know what to believe any more. There are so many 'sources' coming out, that nothing is making sense. All we can do now is just wait for the draft.

What time is the draft? Is it late?

LAC officially on the clock at 6:30 but coverage starts at 6 Central.

I am Chris Wilcox

LAC officially on the clock at 6:30 but coverage starts at 6 Central.
    Thanks.

Yeah im trying to keep up with all of these "sources" info in order. But im kinda tired of hearing the rumors. Their all over the place.

I am Chris Wilcox

Well, here's more confusion, I just read on the grizzliesonline forum, that Rubio wouldn't mind playing in Memphis now.

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/in...showtopic=6698

There's a link to the source in that link.

My question is: Does Rubio's softening up to the idea of playing for the Grizz even reach the front office in time for tonight's draft? And if it does, will they do the right thing and just take Rubio?

If they do, we can keep him or be the place anyone has to go through to get him. Win-Win.

Regardless of the final outcome, if we pick Rubio with the 2nd pick I will be going crazy.

I am Chris Wilcox

I'm sure the Memphis FO were aware of the situation before anyone else. They probably knew that Fegan (Rubio's agent) was just blowing smoke, because Rubio never said much about where he wanted to play, it was his agent who done all the talking.

Fegan knows he's got a big player on his hands and wants him in a big market, I'm sure Rubio, probably doesn't care where he is, as long as he gets to play. If he comes here, he's going to be playing along side Gasol, his friend.

However, I think if we do draft Rubio, we should just let the bidding wars begin and try and get the best offer available.

Drafting Thabeet would be much worse than drafting Rubio, for two major reasons. Firstly, if we decide to keep the pick, Rubio is going to be the better player, secondly, if we trade the pick, Rubio has much more value and would bring bigger and better offers. Drafting Thabeet is a lose-lose situation.