Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Default Re: Gallon smash prank

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I don't know if there's a big problem, it's just I think there's some kind of unwritten line in pranks where if hilarity is going to be at the expense of others, it's probably going to have to be awfully creative and, well, hilarious. In this case, I think the pain/stress/worry/cleanup-to-creative-and-funny ratio was lacking here.

At its essence, this video is nice folk responding to what they believe is a potentially serious situation. There's slapstick potential in the way they fall and in the mess they make, but for many, the reality hits too soon after what was supposed to be funny. It's like, "Wait, who's cleaning that up? And why was this done? And why did they make that nice old woman have a heart attack?" Often, these types of real world pranks will end with some type of closure showing those pranked came out ahead in some way (or had fun once they realized it was a joke). In this case, it's just like, "Oh wow, they cared to check on people they really thought were hurt", creating more empathy than funny to some.

No big issue, just a questionable mix of humor elements.
    how do you know that they didn't help clean it up when the camera was off? told them it was a joke helped clean it up then went and paid for the milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    what's the big problem? they said they paid for it in the caption. i can go buy whatever i want and waste it, yeah it's a dick move but i can still do it.
    Are they cleaning up the mess and buying the other products that got damaged and wet?

"This is America!!!! I can do anything I want!!!"

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    how do you know that they didn't help clean it up when the camera was off? told them it was a joke helped clean it up then went and paid for the milk?
    We don't, but there's nothing about these pranks that seems to suggest these are the types of guys who would make sure all their bases were covered. That doesn't mean they didn't help, it's just there's no indication they did (aside from paying for the milk), and plus you can't really un-freak out the people who responded and attempted to care for you. So to some folks, the humor gets lost in their concern for the feelings of others. There's no real cushion or clarification to make it not feel mean spirited.

I think people find pranks against innocent civilians more humorous when it's shown or strongly suggested that everything turned out fine. If that's not there then as I said earlier, it'll probably take a little more creativity to earn consistent laughs from all (instead of derision).
    Last edited by Rake2204; 03-01-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Banned

This is dumb and I don't see it as a prank. People need to stop saying these are pranks because they are not funny.

Basically kids trying to trick people like they are hurt.

I really hate that I found this kinda funny.

I mean they're bunch of douchebags just making a mess, making other ppl worry about them and could actually hurt themselves or someone else by making someone slip in that shit all for some stupid laughs.

F##k me, I'm gonna watch some more of them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Do these videos remind anybody else of Blake Griffin?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Basically kids trying to trick people like they are hurt.
    I think this is the point. Playing a prank usually means you are either playing on someones gullibility, confusion or fear. Generally things that are overcome pretty easily once everything is cleared up (which is what we laugh at). This "prank" is basically playing on peoples good nature, which is basically the behaviour of sociopaths... or teenagers.

   

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

didn't they get charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct for this?

well deserved for these fggts