Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Tony Parker > CP3

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Ewww, no. How quickly they forget CP3 butchering him in the 2008 playoffs. One game doesn't mean he's better than recovering from injury CP3.
    Parker's a much better player now than he was five years ago. Back then he wasn't even the 2nd best player on the Spurs.

And I disagree with the commonly excepted notion that Paul is more clutch than Parker. Maybe in past seasons but TP's been one of the most clutch players in the league this year:

Last edited by Artillery; 02-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    How?

By scoring more despite taking more shots (granted, a higher fg & 3pt% as well)?
    I pretty much base everything on the eye test over stats, to me it seems Parker is playing better, but it could easily change over the last 25+ games or so. Again Paul is a all-around better player and PG but the stuff Parker has been doing this season is insane.

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't know who's better, but they should both be all-nba first team this year. Of course, it seems like that won't happen cause it seems like they'll never not put Kobe Bryant in one of those spots, even if he is leading his team to a below .500 record.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

obviously parker is a winner .cp3 not so much

not to me.

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

as much as i hate the spurs - but tony parker is the best pg right now!

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Now one game or even a month of games means A>B?

Question. When Parker scored 4 points and 11 points vs CP3 in the previous two meetings on 30 percent shooting..what did that mean?
    way to say that one game or "even a month of games" doesn't matter, only to back up your claim by quoting stats from two games

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 02-22-2013 at 11:18 AM.

i'm better than both.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Agree 100 percent. Parker is an MVP candidate but not the better player. CP3 defends better, passes better, rebounds better and has a larger impact on the game normally. Also has the edge in intangibles like leadership and clutch. Also like you noted when he's aggressive CP3 can score easily.

Chris Paul has never been a good defender, and Tony Parker is better than he is

Banned

Or more recently when the Clippers held him to 4 and 11 points on about 30 percent shooting in the two previous meetings.

You keep bringing that up, but you forget that Parker was injured/recovering from injury at that time. During that string of 7 or 8 games when the Spurs played the Clippers twice, Tony was averaging about 10 ppg and even missed a few games.

I'm not saying Parker is a better player, I'm just reminding you that the Parker you saw in the first 2 games was Parker at 50%
    Last edited by BuffaloBill; 02-22-2013 at 11:49 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Better than himself. Thats rather amazing.
    Jokes aside, TP is better than CP3 this year, debatable but facts and majority opinion speak for themselves.

What is this need for evidence? Stats? You can't suggest Blake is better now, despite the stats, and then ask for stats to back up a claim.

I can respect someone thinking Paul has been better, but not by a lot and not when you consider the time missed. Parker has been better, in general, I feel. All things considered, it should be his.

Paul is better but Parker is having an incredible season. It's not knee-jerk, but people take a while to come around.

Parker is arguably having the best season of his career. SA has also had so many injuries and still have the best record. Now, they just have to sustain that level of play come playoff time. But also give credit to Pop. That's one hell of a coach. Gave Parker the green light before the season started. Seems to be working out beautifully.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    ISH is a what did you do for me lately message board. It's quite obvious CP3 is the better player, and always has been. Parker has never even sniffed top five, or MVP caliber talks in his life.
    Last year he was top 5 in MVP voting. This year he may be top 3.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    +1