Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #76
d-_-b
Look Of Dissaproval

Default Re: A short history of modern African-American Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I don't see where I made an ass out of myself. You confused contrived with controversial, and then was still unclear in showing that you actually understood what he meant again in your follow up post.
Look at how he phrased it by saying that MJ was so contrived but people singing his phrase.

Contrived:1) showing affects of manipulation
2) Behaving in a artificial manner

Seeing as one of the hot points about MJ is how people are overlooking his controversial past and he didn't go in depth to say even though MJ was such a act but people still loved him, saying that he might have meant controversial is acceptable. I was using the first definition of contrived initially and when he said he meant contrived, I googled it and came upon the 2nd definition and saw that it fit so said my bad.
Now do you get it, and why sticking your foot into something you really didn't need to and making yourself look stupid can make you come off as an Ass.
d-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #77
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: A short history of modern African-American Music

MJ worked hard to manipulate his image. Everything about MJ was the result of manipulation, and he often did behave in a manner that was artificial. He used to feed the National Enquirer stories, and actively cultivated his bizarre image. The need to manipulate and control how people thought of him showed up in his music and videos which were polished to the point of absurdity. He was such a perfectionist that he planned his adlibs. His dancing was crisp and robotic, and he never had a hair that was out of place. Even his speaking voice was a bit of a put on.

As you can see, everything about Michael was contrived. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is what it is.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: