Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

Sh!t is crazy at Konami atm. Kojima leaving/fired from the company, Kojima name being removed from the boxes from his past work and MGS5, Silent Hills being cancelled, and a bunch of reconstructing stuff.

You got sources like this:

First of all, Kagemasa Kozuki, the CEO of Konami hates Kojima. He uses too much money, spends too much time even though MGS is profitable it's still not making enough money for Kagemasa.
    Hundreds of people are going to lose their jobs, not just Kojima.
    Kagemasa wants them out but he can't fire the whole team at once so he's forcing them to quit on their own terms.
    Frequent black outs, security doors not working, people being forced to move desks every few days. One guy said that it's a literal hell.
    People have said that Kojima can sue Konami, but he won't because he wants to finish the game and Konami Knew that.
    People are cancelling preorders and calling out on Kojima but that's the last thing he needs right now. He loves his fans and loves MGS. He's doing all he can to save it and save his team from Konami.
    Original source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA
    Transcripts from the source in the vid: https://i.imgur.com/wZrhM7V.jpg

You can take it with a grain of salt tho, but it goes right with the Konami reconstructing the company and saying how Kojima and his crew are limited to internet. Their contracts are also up in December, so this very well could be the last MGS game that Kojima and his crew will do together.

MGSV seems to be okay for now and will come out this year. But Silent Hills is doomed. Damn shame.
    Last edited by Micku; 04-28-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Konami has delisted itself from New York Stock Exchange as well.

Kojima will be fine. He can either join another big gaming company (Nintendo, Sega, SquareEnix, etc) or just open his own company ala Inafune (of Rockman) or Itagaki (of Ninja Gaiden).

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Japan's Game Industry is done.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Konami has delisted itself from New York Stock Exchange as well.

Kojima will be fine. He can either join another big gaming company (Nintendo, Sega, SquareEnix, etc) or just open his own company ala Inafune (of Rockman) or Itagaki (of Ninja Gaiden).
    Yeah, Kojima is fine. He has one hell of a resume and could get hired anywhere in the gaming industry. Dude got prestige and is one of the legendary names in the industry. Him and his crew like his lead programmers and art designer might go with him.

However, I don't think they could take the Fox engine with them. They built it, but it probably belongs to Konami and I don't think Konami would do anything with it besides PES games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    Japan's Game Industry is done.
    The console gaming in Japan isn't looking too good. Most of the creative names are leaving the big budget Japanese companies for a few years now. Kojima is next and is one of the biggest names out there, so it's a big deal. They all want to focus on mobile gaming. Nintendo, Sega, Square and now Konami wants to get on it more seriously. And gambling since it may turn legal in Japan now.

tldr; Japan console gaming isn't as strong as it was before. Mobile gaming is their future now. Kojima's too ambitious for that.
    Last edited by Micku; 04-28-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Banned

Started MGS 1 PS One Classic last December. Haven't been able to get myself to play it for months.

MGS5 looking good. 40 minute gameplay footage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE0y6bGAjZ0

I like that the fulton now has a limit now. I can imagine you can increase the number of fultons you can carry tho. And I like the enemies could notice you fulton things.

D-Dog is cute and seems useful. D-Walker is badass, but I did notice that they fulton D-Walker up if it takes too much damaged. A year ago (I think) said that the companions could die. Even though D-Walker is machine, the commentator in the presentation made it seem like they can no longer die while on the field.

And I don't like the episodic thing while they post the names of the ppl involved everytime you do a main mission. That's not needed I feel. I can't wait for mods to cut that off on the PC version. I feel that would be a little annoying. I can only imagine if R* did that on their missions.

The 80s music is going to be fun to find and play on my helicopter.

Game looks good tho. I'm still a bit wary of reports saying Big Boss doesn't talk much in cutscenes. I don't want him to be a silent protagonist, but I guess I have to see what it looks like when the game actually comes out. Looking for to this game. One of my anticipated games of the year.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Kinda looks like a third person Far Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I'd love them to remake the entire series. I really enjoyed the game play back then but I wasn't too interested in the story so I've missed a lot of it. I kind of have it down now, but I'd love to go back and play everything through again.
    I've been wanting them to remake MGS1 on a decent console for ages now (made it for friggin Gamecube of all things), because it really did have the best storyline, most interesting bosses and stuff, but they never did. Suppose it would make sense to remake the older ones on the ancient consoles too.

Dunno - there was something special about that game, though it was probably just my age and nostalgia now playing its tricks on me.

Kojima posted this on his twitter the other day:

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I've been wanting them to remake MGS1 on a decent console for ages now (made it for friggin Gamecube of all things), because it really did have the best storyline, most interesting bosses and stuff, but they never did. Suppose it would make sense to remake the older ones on the ancient consoles too.

Dunno - there was something special about that game, though it was probably just my age and nostalgia now playing its tricks on me.
    I heard Kojima was planning to re-make MGS1 into an open world game with PS4 graphics. Don't know how you can do open world in Shadow Moses, but maybe something like Arkham Asylum.

But that project's most likely dead now. What I really wanted was an MG/MG2 remake. Those games are severely outdated.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

so much hate on MGS2, yea there were a lot of a cutscenes but it certainly gave one of the best cinematic experience of that generation, amazing score, engrossing story, memorable boss fights, etc

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

I just finished MGS 2 for the first time a few days ago. Don't understand the hate either. Amazing score, great story, awesome twists, fun gameplay. It was really ahead of its time.

Dem ratings doe! 95 on meta-critic right now.

The only concern I have with the game is the story. It's a MGS game, so the story shouldn't be a problem, but there are conflicting reports on the story. Some of them say it's awesome and some say it's okay, but not as epic as the other MGS games.

My guess is because much of the story is now optional through cassette tapes and motherbase stuff.

Other than that, people are reporting this is the best game of this year so far and the best MGS game. It's paving a way through the stealth drama genre with its open worldness and possibilities. They are saying it's a must play.
    Last edited by Micku; 08-24-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Dem ratings doe! 95 on meta-critic right now.

The only concern I have with the game is the story. It's a MGS game, so the story shouldn't be a problem, but there are conflicting reports on the story. Some of them say it's awesome and some say it's okay, but not as epic as the other MGS games.

My guess is because much of the story is now optional through cassette tapes and motherbase stuff.

Other than that, people are reporting this is the best game of this year so far and the best MGS game. It's paving a way through the stealth drama genre with its open worldness and possibilities. They are saying it's a must play.
    Apparently there is not much of a story. A cut scene here and there, but no "oh shit" Metal Gear moments like in the past. No climactic boss fights either. This game is going to be different, but i'm ready for it. It's getting great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Apparently there is not much of a story. A cut scene here and there, but no "oh shit" Metal Gear moments like in the past. No climactic boss fights either. This game is going to be different, but i'm ready for it. It's getting great reviews.
    Some reviewers have said there are still plenty of story bombshells and general Kojima craziness. I think the gameplay to cutscene ratio is just tilted way more toward gameplay this time around, which is throwing some people off. MGS is known for those 20 minute power point presentations and exposition dumps, so it's a little jarring when all of the sudden you have hours of uninterrupted gameplay. Sounds great to me, but some MGS fans prefer the constant wackiness.

Also, apparently some reviewers didn't see the true ending.

Regardless, this is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. I am so ****ing hyped.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 08-25-2015 at 02:02 AM.