Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Sofoklis Schortsanitis "Big Sofo" Now 300 Pounds

Here you go with your hype again Lakas!

You know this guy is nothing but a creation of the Greek media! He will be a bust if he ever get's his fat ass across the Atlantic! Seriously, the Sofo hype machine is just sad and desperate at this point, he gets nothing but hype from EVERYBODY in Greece! He has no talent and has not proven anything, only gets love from Greek delusional fans who rides this guys nuts hard! In Greece you think he's a basketball talent only because he's black! He's not even the best player in Greece for his position.

The attention he gets from Greece is amazing. "Best center in Europe", "Most talented big man to ever come out of Greece". He's not even the best center on his team in Greece and can't get more than 2 rebounds per game in Euroleague play and yet you think this creation of Greek media can play anywhere else. He's lucky to even practice with Olympiakos. Pfff the Greek propaganda machine never ends with this Schortsanevergonnamakeit!

People always want to call big fat guys Shaq something.... but they are not similar at all. Shaq was a 7'2 (in shoes) 330 pound monster with a 9'5 reach (7'6 wingspan) and could jump like a guard (36" vertical jump)... We will probably never see someone like that again in our lifetimes.

These other guys are just big... and the similarities generally end there.

Banned

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 06-21-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Saw a basketball once johnfish0's Avatar

Hello Everybody ,

im Greek and i've been followin Sofo from the first time he stepped foot on a A1 basketball court back when he was playin for Iraklis Salonika.
    i really LOVE watchin him Play
    I know pretty much everything there is to know about the guy's game..

Lakas Fan Yo seems to be a die hard fan of sofo too but he is kinda exaggeratin about his abilities and potential.
    On the other hand , Zen Master and a few other posters around here talk without havent even seen the guy play and its really unfair for him and for themselves who might look like fools if he actually makes it in the L..

The comment about Sofo being 10 times the player Camby and Kaman is or ever goin to be is just a joke . really
    Sorry man but u re way over ur head ...

A few aspects on Big Sofo's Game:

-He's got amazing quickness for a guy his size. I mean jaw-dropping
    -Great Footwork
    -Very Soft touch around the basket. Can definitely score with a variety of moves . Power OR Finesse moves.
    -CANNOT finish with his left hand (never uses it actually)
    -CANNOT score off the Dribble
    -Mediocre Free throw shooter (over the last 2 season improved from 40 to 60%)
    -Unknown ability from Mid-Long-Range (never was allowed to shoot)
    -Can defend the pick&roll really effectively- great at the hedge-out motion
    -Really good at defensive rotations . Deffo can hold his own
    - He was a Bad Rebounder but improved alot over the Last couple of seasons.
    I think he can b average in the NBA due to the difference in style of play and court measurements.
    -Average Passer for a big man. Especially, when being double or even triple teamed. Work in progress
    -His average wingspan (i think its around 6-9) doesnt help him much when it comes to blockin shots. He is an above average blocker after contact (impact really) with opponents though
    -He is NOT a Foul Prone anymore. He is greatly improved in this area-controllin his huge body. Most of the Fouls he recieved in Europe were mostly from flopping opponents. Im sure that wont b the case in the NBA
    -As much as stamina goes i think he can play for about 20-25' a game

To sum it up, Sofoklis is a Special Player that is capable of the best and the worst. That really depends on how the new Clippers head coach will use him.
    I really believe he CAN be a good player in the NBA BUT i cant bet any money on that.

Best Case Scenario : he can become a 15-7 type of CENTER
    Worst Case Scenario: meaner Oliver Miller

I hope i enlightened u
    and hey,
    STOP HATING

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Wow, thats a lot of weight lost. Would like to see him be an impact player for the Clips so them let go of Camby or Kaman for some more young talent. We'll see if this is legit.
    greek shaq and deandre jordan > kaman and camby???????????????

Seems really determined to join the NBA and make a difference dam.

Banned

The heart is there, the skill, conditioning, and athleticism however aren't.