Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The last time I played basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    - Forced a kid to kill he dribble but he then proceeded to hit a skyhook from 25 feet out
    : I hate it when that happens, you play some great D and react to all their moves, force them to take a horrible shot... and they fluke it.

I've had some where the guy thought I was gonna block it and had his eyes closed before he released it, yet it went in

The Only Way

gawd i cannot remember the last time i played a game of bball...nm i just did.

I beat my friend 8-6 in a game to 7 win by two.

My tres was ok but I got the majority of my points driving to the basket. The guy i played against was pretty quick so my fakes had to be top-notch to give me a decent lead. I pretty much always got my lay-ups JUST barely in to get the point. Everybody expected my friend to win b/c he was black lol. They were like, "omg you won." I said ya, he isnt awesome or anything

I am Chris Wilcox

Last time I played was only a few days ago and I play pretty regularly so I don't get that tired when playing a normal pick up game.

- Picked up my player at halfcourt, he tried to cross me over but I got the steal and then got the dunk on the break.
    - Same player then burnt me the next time I tried to get the steal, he then went and scored an easy layup.
    - Blocked a few shots, about 3 or 4.
    - Grabbed around 10+ rebounds.
    - Grabbed the defensive board, ran the full court, posted my man up and hit the turn around, fade away jumper.
    - Air balled both of my 3-pointers. (I shouldn't even be shooting 3's, I should be in the paint posting guys up and grabbing boards.)
    - Missed a 6-foot bank shot.
    - After missing that bank shot, I made 3 bank shots in a row.

Saw a basketball once

i play twice a day... in the mourning i lift and do ball handling and stuff like that with my team for two hours, then at night we have open gym for two hours and we always have college alumni come play with us but i still own them. im gonna be a sophmore, 6'4'' playin varsity at a huge school(all white) but i play a 3 or 4 depending if were going big or small...coach wants me to eventually move to a 2 so i can have decent size in college

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

- Got picked 3rd
    - Swished my first three
    - Airballed my next
    - Hit a mid range shot
    - Stole it from someone
    - Got blocked
    - Made another three
    - Dished a nice pass
    - Won

Serious playground baller D-Fence's Avatar

I play basketball quite often--usually short, two-on-two, half-court games with my brother and friends. Sometimes we even have a referee. I won't stand for streetball antics.

I played a couple of days ago. I had a cigarette during shoot-around and another during a break between games. I do a bit of stretching, but I'm wearing blue jean shorts and a belt, as for reasons to become obvious, the outcome of the games didn't seem in doubt to me--a few easy, quick, fun games. During shoot-around, I attempt to relive the days when I could dunk--much to the amusement of others.

The last game of the day teamed me with a friend of a friend--a nice kid who could barely dribble the ball. Thus far everyone had won or lost based on which team he dragged down.

I'm not too quick, nor athletic, in addition to being kind of out of shape and a smoker, so I couldn't just blow by a couple of guys who I've tought how to play defense anyhow. They were, of course, concentrating on me and almost ignoring my teammate.

I preceded to hit 2 out of 5 3 pointers. My brother was right in my face. Another thing: the hoop we were playing with is all bent out of shape, as is the concrete court, so that makes it pretty difficult to score.

On defense, I was helpless. I was jumping back and forth trying to cover the latest man my teammate couldn't keep up with. He's crossing his legs--playing men close around the top of the key and everything else I tell him not to do.

On offense, I'm now trying to get the ball in the paint, as we only need 10 to win--so 3's are rather pointless now. I finally get the ball near the paint and the defense swarms on me. But I make this beautiful pass over the back of my head to my unguarded teammate, who I find out can make a bank shot right next to the hoop.

My brother, who's on the other team, proceeds to yell at his teammate for leaving his man completely.

So, my team is up 8-6. Then it's 8-8 beacuse defense is impossible with this teammate.

We have the ball. I do some fakes and crossover moves to the best of my ability and my brother actually falls to the ground (he later blames his shoes). I proceed to take an off-balance 15-footer. I swear that shot goes in on a normal hoop.

Nevertheless, my teammate gets the rebound and actually does a pretty good ball fake to get his man in the air. My teammate misses the putback.

So, there's no team defense on our part, so we then lose.

If I had won that game, I would have been rubbing it in their faces for years. Oh well.

Last time I played basketball...

...I played against And1 Ballers at the local sports center earlier this week. We only lost by two, but we might have had a chance if I wasn't such a scrub sometimes and missed a few easy open shots and layups and made some boneheaded turnovers. I played some tight D though, as my guy didn't score (he's pretty good and is a coach in the area), and I tried to help out our good guy (who used to play at Wake Forest) with rotation D on the And1 guys. We lost, but it was closer than I ever thought it would be!
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 07-27-2007 at 12:07 PM.

bump...

-Smak

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Got completely outplayed by a dude I used to talk maaaad sh1t to.

Learning to shoot layups

At a college gym, I was playing a 5v5 full court.. had one assist and one nice layup while hanging in the air for a while,felt good, so fg 1/1, after that my teammates seem to keep deferring to me so I was like, nah take the shot you're open.. I'm only like 5'9'' light weighted with decent athleticism.

After like 2 possessions, on defense we were playing man and my teammate got beaten easily by a drive so I go there to help to distract his layup attempt and so did my teammate jumped but as he went down he got tangled with the dude who made a layup attempt and somehow my ankle got stuck between the two and I don't know who's foot was on mine but I just felt a big ass weight crushing my ankle. I heard a big ass crack and yelled, ****. It felt pretty bad compared to other ankle sprains. Got the **** outta the game and And someone brought me some ice. After like 30 min of icing, I walked for15 min to home. Just dragged my feet in pain, lol.

Lol, another ankle injury after since one in June. Usually, it takes like 2 weeks to fully recover but right now my ankle is like only 60% after 2 weeks. Been watching too many hoopmixtapes ever since lol can't wait to ****ing play.

philly sucks at basketball.

-blocked a big guy
    -dunked on same big guy (9foot rim )
    -hurt my pinkie, it didnt heal for 6 months
    -was tired after the first game
    -my whole body for a week (knees and back for another week)
    -decided i'm too fukking old
    -went to a bar and got drunk with other old farts
    Last edited by Teanett; 12-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

I had a breakaway steal that got rejected from behind bad.
    I got hot and led a team of scrubs to a come-from-behind win over a good team that always plays together...then got beat 11-0 by the next team.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I got rim blocked attempting to dunk on a break away.
    I got my shot ate up twice on the same play.
    I got my feet taken out from under me incidentally/wind got knocked out of me
    I played an average game and was winded
    I had a hot streak of knocking down 4 straight 3's
    I had a cold streak missing my next 5 shots
    I got outmuscled going up for a rebound
    I cut that same players ankles and layed them up
    I thought to myself after the game ended "Am I too old to be playing?"

Happens to everyone. I might play a quick half court game here and there (or 1 on 1) and still do ok but full court is out. I am a runner so i have the stamina but just don't have the leg strength to play effectively full court. I haven't played full in maybe 5 years.

I had my time.
    Last edited by tontoz; 12-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Last time I played basketball, as a pg

I got rid of the ball to the wing very early in possessions when I should have been initiating offense

when I did initiate offense my teammates did not respond by cutting or screening, probably because I wasn't consistently doing it

my offense was limited to top of the key 3 pointers when my defender was not paying attention. Hit about 3 out of 7.

Made me free throws, missed half my layups.

We lost the game