Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Sixers roster now?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So you're saying sign and trades under the new CBA cant happen? Bynum cant get his money from Sixers and his cake by being traded to a team he wants to play for?
    The new CBA is a monster but I believe that teams will no longer be able to do sign and trades. That's what I've been hearing and reading anyway but who knows ... the thing is a massively complex monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So you're saying sign and trades under the new CBA cant happen? Bynum cant get his money from Sixers and his cake by being traded to a team he wants to play for?
    S&T are allowed. They are not allowed for teams over the tax line by $4M (called the apron). So this thought that ESPN pushed that Houston would get Howard, then be forced to trade him to Brooklyn for their crap didn't work because they are over the apron. (It's also why the Paul to NY rumors which will be pushed also don't work.)

I also think S&T doesn't give the benefit it used to for the player being traded.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    S&T are allowed. They are not allowed for teams over the tax line by $4M (called the apron). So this thought that ESPN pushed that Houston would get Howard, then be forced to trade him to Brooklyn for their crap didn't work because they are over the apron. (It's also why the Paul to NY rumors which will be pushed also don't work.)

I also think S&T doesn't give the benefit it used to for the player being traded.
    Thanks for the clarafication. That makes sense ... teams over the tax line cannot do sign and trades and they don't provide the benefit they used to.

Stop posing that stupid Kobe photo dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Solid info.

I am your soldier!

Hey, how's that great lineup of Hawes at PF and Bynum at C working out for the Sixers?