Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Pre-Season Game II: V.S. Phoenix {Outdoor Exhibition}

October 11, 2008~10:00 PM(EDT) on TNT

V.S.

Preview:
Quote:
The NBA’s first outdoor game of the modern era will take place when the Denver Nuggets take on the Phoenix Suns in a preseason game on Saturday, Oct. 11 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, Calif. The 16,000 seat stadium is an NBA-style arena with no roof located in a spectacular desert setting. The venue annually plays host to one of the world’s major tennis tournaments, the Pacific Life Open.

The game will be televised nationally, exclusively on TNT.

“We’re excited to be part of this historic event,” said Nuggets Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien. “Everyone who loves basketball has played it outdoors. We think this is a great setting for this game.”

While the event will be historic, it will not be the first time an NBA game has been played outdoors. Over 35 years ago, the Suns played the only other NBA game to be played outdoors in Puerto Rico against the Milwaukee Bucks. The Suns

Can't wait for this one tomorrow!

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 10-11-2008 at 02:42 AM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pre-Season Game II: V.S. Phoenix {Outdoor Exhibition}

Guarantee they made it be the suns vs the nuggets because it's the most likely matchup to be a rucker park game.

Shame on you david stern.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_10693680

AI wont play this game..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Man that sucks.
Oh well, it's only the preseason and besides he probably needs the rest. The worst thing is to play through pain and get injured real bad in games that don't matter.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Guarantee they made it be the suns vs the nuggets because it's the most likely matchup to be a rucker park game.

Shame on you david stern.
Wouldn't be surprised though.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

I fully expect JR to take terrible shots, try to dunk on everyone, and have flashy passes that never work.

Glorified pickup game here we come...sigh...
Old 10-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

mateen cleaves is not an nba player- smush must really have nothing or karl just "doesnt like him" either way the point gaurd spot is terrible- ac just another year slower and even farther away from starting nba talent

balkman impressed me, though i dont like the thought of him as a power foreward- to me it looks like he could defend the 1 better than the 4- for sure he fits this sqaud as a wing defender- instead he will be asked to play out of position and be less effective- i wouldnt mind seeing balkman take ac's starting spot

juwan howard & birdman also both look decent and its a good thing considering they are the 3rd and 4th bigs- still think we are atleast 1 big guy short

d jones is solid but i dont think he can play the 3 so as a 2 only where are the minutes supposed to come? and what of sonny weems- ai, jr, jones, ruben, and weems with both balkman and kleiza also playing the 2? doesnt make sense

brightest spot may have been seeing how close to done the suns might be- i cant see the nugs not atleast hanging w phoenix- nash goes down or barbosa doesnt show the suns might be garbage

still pretending that the team will play harder or better defense this year- wasnt that the storyline at the beginiing of the last few seasons as well?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #8
thewatcher
I airball my layups

thewatcher has an OK reputation so far

Balkman didn't play 1 minute in the first half, but played most of the second. Denver reversed a 7-8 pt 1/2 time deficit and won based on better defense. BALKMAN HAD 12 DEFLECTIONS (no exageration) and shut out Diaw. Deflections is a hugely telling stat, keeping track of it was initiated by Hubie brown. Now this time, most of the deflections didnt pan out, so Im not certain what his steal or block totals will be, but he had at least 3 blocks, 2 at the end to seal the game. Charles Barkley is all over it how the Knicks "gave him away". and Reggie miller "he's going to help them".
Balkman didnt have a great game, in the frigid air, but I saw that he's endeared himself to Karl and his teammates, and that will translate into minutes, and that's ALL this dude needs.
thewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #9
thewatcher
I airball my layups

thewatcher has an OK reputation so far

Balkman didn't play 1 minute in the first half, but played most of the second. Denver reversed a 7-8 pt 1/2 time deficit and won based on better defense. BALKMAN HAD 12 DEFLECTIONS (no exageration) and shut out Diaw. Deflections is a hugely telling stat, keeping track of it was initiated by Hubie brown. Now this time, most of the deflections didnt pan out, so Im not certain what his steal or block totals will be, but he had at least 3 blocks, 2 at the end to seal the game. Charles Barkley is all over it how we "gave him away". and Reggie miller "he's going to help them".
Balkman had a good if not great game, in the frigid air, but I saw that he's endeared himself to Karl and his teammates, and that will translate into minutes, and that's ALL this dude needs.

Last edited by thewatcher : 10-12-2008 at 06:56 AM.
thewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #10
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

His play over the last 2 games will definatly result in many minutes on the court. PLUS the ability to guard different positions. Great steal for the Nuggets. Thanks NY Knicks
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatcher
Balkman didn't play 1 minute in the first half, but played most of the second. Denver reversed a 7-8 pt 1/2 time deficit and won based on better defense. BALKMAN HAD 12 DEFLECTIONS (no exageration) and shut out Diaw. Deflections is a hugely telling stat, keeping track of it was initiated by Hubie brown. Now this time, most of the deflections didnt pan out, so Im not certain what his steal or block totals will be, but he had at least 3 blocks, 2 at the end to seal the game. Charles Barkley is all over it how we "gave him away". and Reggie miller "he's going to help them".
Balkman had a good if not great game, in the frigid air, but I saw that he's endeared himself to Karl and his teammates, and that will translate into minutes, and that's ALL this dude needs.
George Karl will do some crazy sh*t from time to time that will have you wondering what the man's been smoking.

There were 4 things that I wasn't happy about watching the game.

1. RENALDO BALKMAN- What was up with only 3 minutes of pt? This guy impressed the hell out of me, he was everywhere defensively and that block on that last play was incredible!! (Karl's fault)

2. J.R. & KLEIZA- I was expecting to see the two of them together on the court alot more, but that didn't happen.

3. FREETHROWS- 17-34 is inexcusable. I know it was cold outside and all, but please hit your freethrows!

4. SHOT SELECTION- Some of them *cough Kenyon* were taking alot of bad shots. I would've liked to see guys like Nene and K-mart kick the ball out in tough situations instead of taking and forcing up bad shots over defenders, mainly in the 1st half.

I know I'm being picky and that all in all, it was a good game because the team won.

BTW, did anyone else notice Karl come off his seat and yell at the ref in the 2nd quarter? Haven't seen that in a while.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

- Both teams were terrible offensively, either in part to it being outside or having Stoudemire, AI, and Melo sitting out.
- Overall defensive rotations were much quicker than anything in the past.
- JR had a decent night shooting wise, still got made a fool on D though, seriously, why can't he just put a hand up to contest shots? He runs at them and that's it...
- Nene and Kmart got their **** OWNED by a rookie.
- AC had some decent passes...needs to stop hoisting up 3's, though, unless he's wide open.
- JR walked the ball down the court quite a few times....I don't like him playing the point at all, the offense was stagnant.
- Absolutely LOVE balkman and his hustle. Diving for balls in a preseason game? Will be better than Najera, guaranteed.
- Birdman had a tough time getting boards, wasn't as explosive as expected, and he had trouble catching some passes.
- Ruben Patterson has the ugliest shot I've ever seen.
- Juwan Howard looked...old. Obviously not the same as he was with his first stint with Denver.
- I hope Kleiza doesn't fall in love with the 3, he's most effective when he penetrates.

Overall a good game to watch, but Denver has a long way to go.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #13
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
His play over the last 2 games will definatly result in many minutes on the court. PLUS the ability to guard different positions. Great steal for the Nuggets. Thanks NY Knicks
Damn straight!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: