Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Default We have untill midnight to s%t him!

Quote:
Krstic Has Midnight Deadline for Sign-and-Trade
July 28, 2008, 10:04 am
Fred Kerber reports that Nenad Krstic has a deal in place with a Russian team (not Dynamo Moscow) and will sign there if the Nets donít work out a sign-and-trade with another NBA club by midnight Monday. Krstic would prefer to remain in the NBA, and he would be able to return after a year should he go to Russia.
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=6266#comment-20652

hurry up maybe we can at least get a draft pick for him
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: We have untill midnight to s%t him!

Maybe we can package him with Stro, Hassel, and Ager, and get rid of them all tonight.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

We can trade Kristic, Boone, and Stro for Josh Smith.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
We can trade Kristic, Boone, and Stro for Josh Smith.
yeah.... not happening
Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
I rule the local playground

to me it seems crazy that the nets fo is so willing to give up what imo are good players in nachbar and now krstic for nothing

isnt that like keeping chips from vegas? sure you maybe get the satisfaction of capspace for later, but shouldnt you get something of value?

im done thinking you would want iverson, but why not something?

i am super pissed that the nuggets took a trade exemption for camby- but supposedly the te has some value? i know there was some kind of offer on the table, imo the nugs maybe could have got krstic & nachbar and added two perfect peices- i wont bother you w any more of those deals but i cant get over the nugs not wanting those guys, and i also am completely baffled why the nets didnt want to do something w them at all?

can any of you think of a logical reason to GIVE AWAY valuble peices? am i overrating krstic? i believe he is 10 times as good as steven hunter or cris birdman anderson- i kind of thought krstic is a legit nba starting center?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Don't trade him!!! We will still have the rights to him. Let him go and get his game back on. Maybe he can be come the player he once was and be back in time for Lebron! Remember... If he signs with this team, The Nets still have some rights for him in a year to come.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
to me it seems crazy that the nets fo is so willing to give up what imo are good players in nachbar and now krstic for nothing

isnt that like keeping chips from vegas? sure you maybe get the satisfaction of capspace for later, but shouldnt you get something of value?

im done thinking you would want iverson, but why not something?

i am super pissed that the nuggets took a trade exemption for camby- but supposedly the te has some value? i know there was some kind of offer on the table, imo the nugs maybe could have got krstic & nachbar and added two perfect peices- i wont bother you w any more of those deals but i cant get over the nugs not wanting those guys, and i also am completely baffled why the nets didnt want to do something w them at all?

can any of you think of a logical reason to GIVE AWAY valuble peices? am i overrating krstic? i believe he is 10 times as good as steven hunter or cris birdman anderson- i kind of thought krstic is a legit nba starting center?

Well Krstic has had knee problems the past 2 seasons. He is not what he once was. I suppose if we waited for maybe till all star break of next season, he would be back but we dont have that time considering we have 15 guys under contract. I would love to keep him, he was one of the best players on our team in 05-06 and was a big reason in part of those 2 huge win streaks, but busniess is busniess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
Don't trade him!!! We will still have the rights to him. Let him go and get his game back on. Maybe he can be come the player he once was and be back in time for Lebron! Remember... If he signs with this team, The Nets still have some rights for him in a year to come.
Thats a really good idea, I like it
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Quote:
Deadline Passes With No Deal for Krstic
July 29, 2008, 2:58 am
Nenad Krstic will be playing in Russia this season. The Nets tried to work out a sign-and-trade deal with several teams Monday, but none came to fruition. The Bulls, Cavs and Grizzlies were among the teams that talked with the Nets. With Krstic signing in Europe, the Nets retain his rights, and he would still be a restricted free agent should he choose to return to the NBA, as long as the Nets extend him a qualifying offer every summer.
netsdaily
Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #9
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Well Krstic has had knee problems the past 2 seasons. He is not what he once was. I suppose if we waited for maybe till all star break of next season, he would be back...
it's only one injury to an ACL, not a series of injuries. his recovery took longer than planned but he should be all the way back by the season opener given he has the summer to work. therefore i think the main question with krstic was not "can he get back to his old form?" but "how much further can he develop?"

anyway, sounds like it all worked out for the best.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: