Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Local High School Star

Default Interesting stat on WWE

Saw this while watching a bit of RAW tonight. WWE television programs can be seen in 465 million homes worldwide. More than the NBA, MLB and NFL combined
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Re: Interesting stat on WWE

Yeah that is crazy. I guess it's because the rest of the world has more interest in WWE than they do NFL or MLB. Outside of America neither one of those has as big a following
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
Odomize

yep I know for certain WWE is pretty big in Asia.

No one watch MLB & NFL outside US. NBA has some following but not that many.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

In mexico wrestlers are very well respected and in japan they treat wrestling like a sport so they contribute maybe more then any other country in the world to wrestling popularity over nfl/mlb/nba
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 AM   #5
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Saw this while watching a bit of RAW tonight. WWE television programs can be seen in 465 million homes worldwide. More than the NBA, MLB and NFL combined

What exactly does this stat mean? It seems like wrestling is usually on broadcast television, where NBA, and MLB are usually on cable. NFL comes both ways. Is this what they mean by it "can be seen" by more people? I may well be wrong, but the wording behind this stat could be misleading. Does it simply mean that WWE is the most available "sports" program on TV, or is it the most watched?

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 01-06-2009 at 01:12 AM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #6
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
What exactly does this stat mean? It seems like wrestling is usually on broadcast television, where NBA, and MLB are usually on cable. NFL comes both ways. Is this what they mean by it "can be seen" by more people? I may well be wrong, but the wording behind this stat could be misleading.

RAW's on cable, I think it's the most watched cable show of all time.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #7
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
RAW's on cable, I think it's the most watched cable show of all time.

correct, also the longest running.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
Smokee
Banned

probably explains how Mayweather made 20 mill for a few guest appearances
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
PistolPete
The Pistol

I'm not too sure why either. Wrestling is pretty gay nowadays. They've dumbed down the programming and have a PG rating to attract the kiddies. Their fan base has no recollection of wrestling prior to the year 2000.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
What exactly does this stat mean? It seems like wrestling is usually on broadcast television, where NBA, and MLB are usually on cable

Where the hell did you get that from?? "It seems to me". There's ONE wrestling show on broadcast TV and that's their lowest priority show that's taped like a week in advance lately. RAW not only comes on cable but it comes on USA (and previously Spike TV) which is nowhere near the exposure of ESPN/TBS/TNT. You've made it clear a lotta times that you hate wrestling but don't go pullin out bull$hit comments with absolutely nothing to back it up like that
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #11
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Where the hell did you get that from?? "It seems to me". There's ONE wrestling show on broadcast TV and that's their lowest priority show that's taped like a week in advance lately. RAW not only comes on cable but it comes on USA (and previously Spike TV) which is nowhere near the exposure of ESPN/TBS/TNT. You've made it clear a lotta times that you hate wrestling but don't go pullin out bull$hit comments with absolutely nothing to back it up like that

Hold up there buddy. It seems to me that this is the case, because there has been a grand total of ONE basketball game on broadcast television so far this entire NBA season, while like you said, there is a wrestling show on broadcast tv every single week. How is that not more availability? I dont claim to exactly know the scheduling of every wrestling show on cable tv, like I explicitly said in my earlier post "i may be wrong". I just want to know whether wrestling is more available than other sports, or more watched.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #12
Local High School Star

someone laid the smackdown!

I produce pro wrestling videos (women's) and been around the guys alot too though. I see all the training and work that goes into it first hand. It maybe be scripted and punches may be pulled but it is anything but fake

Last edited by 211269 : 01-06-2009 at 02:37 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: