Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Fans that move from team to team

Are basically the gypsies of the NBA world. Agree or disagree?

Default Re: Fans that move from team to team

Those fans are true fans of the sport itself.

They don't let sheepish territorial loyalty prevent their admiration of certain players or certain core/cohort of players.

Why cheer for a franchise whose owner/FO/coach/ players do not care about winning or aren't winning even if they tried?

Since the NBA is a business and the fans are the customers, they are free to choose to support another team or player if they aren't happy with the product they are seeing on the court. And should be allowed to so without being called traitors.

But some how on this forum and maybe in real life, those fans are pejoratively called "bandwagonners"

NBA owners are allowed to use shrewd cut-throat methods to pay a player less than his market value because it's a "business"

Players have the freedom to sign elsewhere if they choose because it's a business and it's because they want to improve their legacies or winning chances.

But fans have to stay faithful and loyal to their hometown team and continue to support the team financially even if the owners/FO do not put a decent product and even if players coast complacently through games and collect them checks.

Heck it is the fans and local citizens (who are non fans) who are responsible for chipping it those new arenas (via taxes aka coercion). If those people do not allocate that money for corporate welfare then they highjack the team to some other town who will.

*off soap box*

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Are basically the gypsies of the NBA world. Agree or disagree?

Banned

Anyone can be a real fan of any player/team for whatever reason they want.

Any criteria is entirely arbitrarily made.

Banned

player groupies.

Those people are not REAL fans of tha game they are just REAL slurpers of a certain individual.

Very good NBA starter

lets see what happens when Durant/westbrook leave okc or kobe retires

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Those fans are true fans of the sport itself.

They don't let sheepish territorial loyalty prevent their admiration of certain players or certain core/cohort of players.

Why cheer for a franchise whose owner/FO/coach/ players do not care about winning or aren't winning even if they tried?

Since the NBA is a business and the fans are the customers, they are free to choose to support another team or player if they aren't happy with the product they are seeing on the court. And should be allowed to so without being called traitors.

But some how on this forum and maybe in real life, those fans are pejoratively called "bandwagonners"

NBA owners are allowed to use shrewd cut-throat methods to pay a player less than his market value because it's a "business"

Players have the freedom to sign elsewhere if they choose because it's a business and it's because they want to improve their legacies or winning chances.

But fans have to stay faithful and loyal to their hometown team and continue to support the team financially even if the owners/FO do not put a decent product and even if players coast complacently through games and collect them checks.

Heck it is the fans and local citizens (who are non fans) who are responsible for chipping it those new arenas (via taxes aka coercion). If those people do not allocate that money for corporate welfare then they highjack the team to some other town who will.

*off soap box*

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

anybody got a link to this video?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I'd rather be a fan of players or groups of players or maybe even a coach than a fan of a "franchise".

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

honor and loyalty was very important to my generation. A complete and total lack of honor and shit for loyalty is what is important to your generation. Never lived in my Moms basement either. But hey, good for you guys.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    honor and loyalty was very important to my generation. A complete and total lack of honor and shit for loyalty is what is important to your generation. Never lived in my Moms basement either. But hey, good for you guys.
    I live in my moms basement while I'm finishing up college but I pay rent.

Also I only support local teams.

This new generation though

shhhhhhh

Honestly if you want to be a player fan that's fine but don't tell me my being a fan of the team first is wrong in some way or try to justify why your way of watching sports is better...

I've watched the Lakers for a long time now, been a fan of many players in that time but the one constant has been the Lakers themselves... Players, coaches, even owners have come and go but the team will always be there...

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

I use to Root for my Grizzlies then they took my team away.

Always rooted for the humble underdogs... Always been a fan of VC....then started to watch all the nets games when he got traded.

Then followed the celtics and was super happy when they won the title.

Was also happy for the Spurs this season.... Now I might even root for the Cavs for the LeBron feel good story.

All about story line and if the team is likable.