Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Active Players Football/Soccer Draft

Let's just see how many people would be interested in something like this. Depending on how many participants we will have, it will be either a group + k.o tournament like the champions league or just a simple k.o tournament. 14 rounds 11 players and 3 subs, so the starting eleven can be changed based on the matchup. No coaches as i don't see the point, everyone should just do their own tactical setup. I would like to have 2 reliable, knowledgable judges.
    I'd say 12 hours is enough for everyone to do their pick.

So just reply to this thread if you would like to participate and also give some feedback and suggestions so we can implement some rules etc.

Default Re: Active Players Football/Soccer Draft

In

but 12 hours for each pick is a long time IMO. Thread will most likely be dead within a week

^ that seems too complicated man.. lots of ISHers started following football few years ago

we have done all time, players born in 90s and active players drafts so far.. i won one, lost in the semis in the other and one didnt finish

Im IN for this.. lots of things changed in football in a year and we have some new posters so this should be fun

Yeah we already did an all time draft, it's a bit complicated comparing players acroos eras and actually fitting everyone into one team as a lot of roles just don't exist anymore in modern football.

Another all time draft is a little much, but I like the first idea. You can only pick a player who has played with the player picked before. Makes for a lot of strategy, you have to consider your own pick but also the players that can be picked as a consequence.

Or some other rule to make drafting more tricky, like "One player per league" or "One player per nationality". Maks rule is the most intriguing though.

Otherwise everyone will just run a composite of top 15 or so teams with a couple big name outliers, seems a lot less interesting to me.

How about everyone can only pick 1 players from each team and a maximum of 3 players from one league ?

I'm in.
    The team genealogy version sounds fun.
    I am fine with anything however.

bro people come here to relax that shit is too complicated.. and all time draft is an overkill.. ive done my research but its not the same not having watched the player in your own lifetime.. 2000-2015 is fine with me though

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    So far everyone else except you has been in favor of the idea. Its not overkill if you have a knowledge of football that exceeds past Messis debut in 2005. If you just wanna admit that your knowledge is limited and thats why you dont want to do it, then that is fine.
    Im a crowned football draft champ bro you just showed up on the scene.. im messi you are milos jojic basically

anyway the thread title says 'active' and ljj and me already said we are against all-time draft, the rest of the posters in the football thread are pretty young so i dont see the point really.. comparing eras is the most annoying thing in sports

Banned

You fakkits already did something like this.

You guys are better off just limiting or excluding big clubs.

This is like some crappy version of FIFA Ultimate Team.

Since blablabla is the thread owner, I propose he decides whether he wants to go on with an 'active' players draft as per thread title (in which case Maks can run another draft after this one is finished), or go with Maks' tweak straight away.

I'm just going to do my version, which consists of all active players whose performances are being judged based on the last 2 seasons. Also each participant can only pick 1 player from each team and only 3 players from each league

I like maks's system for an all time draft but i fest that it would lead to unbalanced squads with a smaller talent pool

It is my choice but i also Wang to have as many people as possible participating and just generally a fun experience for everybody involved
    Like i said i don't want to do an all time draft, and considering the age of Most posters even the 80's would be too much, maybe something like the best players of the last 20 years
    Lets just do some discussion where everybody states what they would enjoy and just pick the best one

Banned

Count me in!

1990 as in "players who were active in 1990" or in "players who weren't active before 1990"?