Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Kentucky RIGHT NOW could beat the Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    It doesn't have to be the top 10-15, the team around my area just lost by 6 to the 25th team in the nation. Had they won the game they would have been ranked 25 or better themselves, they are unranked and this is their starting lineup -

6"1
    6"4
    6"4
    6"6
    6"8

There isn't a woman's team on the planet with that kind of size, nevermind the fact the 6"6 & 6"8 kid dunk in traffic easily. The 6"4 kid runs the point and just recently signed to play for Oklahoma. This is a Class AA NY team, the top 10 Class AA teams can all beat each other on any given night, and all of them have D1 talent with some having multiple D1 players.
    WNBA team beats them 4 of 7. They'll play far more advanced offensive sets and easily outshoot them.

I've seen thousands of high school teams and tens of thousands of "D1 talents" through the years. Most of them stop looking like "D1 talents" when they get up against real D1 talents. Their teams play rudimentary offense, and they've played against a half dozen defensive alignments in their life.

I'll take the WNBA team in a 7 game series.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    WNBA team beats them 4 of 7. They'll play far more advanced offensive sets and easily outshoot them.

I've seen thousands of high school teams and tens of thousands of "D1 talents" through the years. Most of them stop looking like "D1 talents" when they get up against real D1 talents. Their teams play rudimentary offense, and they've played against a half dozen defensive alignments in their life.

I'll take the WNBA team in a 7 game series.

I'd pick the HS team, sorry but the gap in athleticism and size is too glaring. The issue is in the matchups, a 6"4 guy can be a guard, a 6"4 woman is almost always a PF or C, and the difference in their ability is drastic.

You can talk offensive sets, but when one team is so much faster than the other there's only so much you can do to let the air out, especially if there's a shot clock.
    Last edited by abuC; 04-02-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    How many times you going to post this?

My browser timed out as I was editing, when I logged back in it reposted it.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    Seriously, you cant get dumber, can you?

Our conversation started with RazorBaLade saying Noh has 12 NBA level players kentucky has how many? I responded by saying that you dont need NBA level players ( The best players in the world) to beat a nba team. Lithuania beat USA and they didnt have NBA level players (They had professional players, but not the best players or players as good as NBA players). That was my whole point, if you didnt get that, you need help and you need to smarten up.
    Man, some of these posters
    NBA level = professionals. We're arguing something we both agreed on. The way you expressed your opinion wasnt great. Thanks for doing it in the proper man.