Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: NBA will penalize flopping from now on, confirmed today

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    In no way do I deny the Lakers have had some LEGENDARY floppers. Divac and Fish immediately come to mind. But so is Kobe, but not in the same way. Kobe is a verbal, fling his hands in the air and yell AEYYY, flopper. Chris Paul is a throw his head back, let out a faint sigh, backflip helicopter kick flail to the ground holding his balls and knee while looking at the ref, flopper. Not even in the same ballpark.

So no, I wont ignore the Lakers flopper.
    So basically you're saying he's more dramatic? I admit that with both Griffin+CP3 but to me a flop is a flop. Ones that are more dramatic don't mean anything to me, if anything they are more entertaining.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

The only reason why flopping has become an issue is because of how soft the league has gotten. It's a lot more visible now than it was in the 80's and 90's.

Dennis Rodman, one of the toughest guys to ever played the game, was actually quite a flopper himself. You just didn't notice it as much because of how physical the game was in the 80's and 90's.

I don't think fining and penalizing will stop flopping, it'll just make the league even more "pussified." Make the league more physical again, be more of a contact sport like it once was then players won't be flopping like bitches as much. They'll think twice when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    6 flops = suspension.

The Clippers and Heat will lots of suspensions this year.
    No they wont, players adjust.

Good High School Starter

There's a fine line between flopping and drawing a legit charge. You have to sell it to an extent.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    This will change the game drastically imo, players will think harder about standing in front of a driving player's lane a
    I cant tell how much I hate that call. An offensive player has a lane to the basket, and a defensive player can simply jump in front of his path out of nowhere at the last minute, and somehow its the offensive players' fault for "fouling" the defensive player.

I believe this is just going to be another way for the league to open up the pockets out its players.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    So basically you're saying he's more dramatic? I admit that with both Griffin+CP3 but to me a flop is a flop. Ones that are more dramatic don't mean anything to me, if anything they are more entertaining.
    If you're CP3 or Griffin, would you not agree a less dramatic flop would result in less thrown elbows and intentonal hard fouls against them? In particular, Mr Griffin? Making less of a flopping spectacle towards fellow players would lower their resentment, in exchange, lower the rage filled hard fouls? I agree a flop is a flop, but some types of flops get people elbowed in the head more than others.

So how do you know what really is a flop and what isn't? Sometimes, something that doesn't look to bad on camera is actually really bad for the one receiving the foul. Its a stupid rule. Just let the ref decide, and if the player gets away with it, then good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    So how do you know what really is a flop and what isn't? Sometimes, something that doesn't look to bad on camera is actually really bad for the one receiving the foul. Its a stupid rule. Just let the ref decide, and if the player gets away with it, then good on him.
    From my understanding, play during the game will continue as normal. People may flop and get away with it or not. No flopping fines will be given out during the game. There will be a new team of personel whose sole job is to watch the game all over on tv afterwords and look for floppers. Fines will be given out the next day, probably.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Yes because that's worked out so well for the league

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Yes because that's worked out so well for the league
    Nash is a bit unclear on why this rule is needed

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Why did the hell did the Blake Griffin comment on flopping thread get deleted?!

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Now the main issue is HOW a referee perceives a flop. Let the controversy ensue.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Wade has been so dependent on flopping since he got away with all that in '06. Let's see how he adjusts his game to the new rules Will be hilarious to watch though

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Wade has been so dependent on flopping since he got away with all that in '06. Let's see how he adjusts his game to the new rules Will be hilarious to watch though
    fukk that, wade is awesome...........what about griffin.........his game is based on the art of flopping.........dude will be working at Mcdonalds soon