Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: PS3 vs. 360 debate. Which to get?

Sony PS3 is the better hardware but Xbox has more titles.

But since I like Quality over Quantity to say I am going with the PS3.

Give me the Blu Ray and titles like Resistance 3, God Of War, and Lil Big Planet 2 looks crazy.

I do love Halo thought...but PS3 when all is said and done.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Sony PS3 is the better hardware but Xbox has more titles.

But since I like Quality over Quantity to say I am going with the PS3.

Give me the Blu Ray and titles like Resistance 3, God Of War, and Lil Big Planet 2 looks crazy.

I do love Halo thought...but PS3 when all is said and done.
    Holy shit if it isn't crisoner. I remember you back on the very old days of ISH.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Always played 360. I have the 360 Pro, which has a 60GB harddrive.

I want to swap it though for a PS3 so I can play some of the the PS3 games like Uncharted. My question is, I have a guy who will trade him his 60 GB PS3...he called it the 'oldest' model. Says its in mint condition. I will do an expection etc, but my question to those who are more up to speed....am I missing anything with the 'oldest' PS3 model?

I have a bunch of games and a blu ray player I can sell as he said he doesn't have any games to swap, so I don't have to give him any. I also have a wireless adapter to sell for the 360.

So, is this a good trade?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Older models are horribly prone to overheating and one of them if you play Gran Turismo 5 on it, it will get the yellow light almost instantly

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

PS3. I prefer the exclusives (Resistance series, GT5, LittleBigPlanet) Free online and Blu-Ray.

Saw a basketball once

If you have money, it

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 8 B
    Holy shit if it isn't crisoner. I remember you back on the very old days of ISH.

LOL yup been here for a minute. Who did you use to post as?

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan

I want to swap it though for a PS3 so I can play some of the the PS3 games like Uncharted. My question is, I have a guy who will trade him his 60 GB PS3...he called it the 'oldest' model. Says its in mint condition. I will do an expection etc, but my question to those who are more up to speed....am I missing anything with the 'oldest' PS3 model?

I have a bunch of games and a blu ray player I can sell as he said he doesn't have any games to swap, so I don't have to give him any. I also have a wireless adapter to sell for the 360.

whoa… Late to reply

anyway - you aren't missing anything with a launch model 60GB PS3 - actually, you are getting more than the current models - 4 USB ports, card slots, AND - the biggest thing of all that keeps these consoles in demand, FULL backwards compatibility… you can play ALL your PS1 AND PS2 games on it. I've had mine since day one and have had zero problems with it. AND I've been playing the snot out of GT5…

Also, If you wanted, you could sell it for as much as a brand new slim model.

another note - you are not restricted to the 60GB HDD - the HDD is easily swappable to a larger one (from a laptop) of your choosing. You could put a 320 GB HDD in there if you desire.

PS3's online play is free. I hate the XBox's lack of free online play.

I'm about to purchase a PS3 but I'm afraid another ones going to come out sometime soon like the Slim, I'm thinking about getting the Killzone 3 package with it for 299. I have a XBOX360 slim & COD is ****ing boring as hell, I hit 15th prestige & there isn't shit to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I'm about to purchase a PS3 but I'm afraid another ones going to come out sometime soon like the Slim, I'm thinking about getting the Killzone 3 package with it for 299. I have a XBOX360 slim & COD is ****ing boring as hell, I hit 15th prestige & there isn't shit to do.
    I wouldn't really worry about another one coming out

Good High School Starter

From my experience..Graphics wise, 360 is better on games that come out for both systems..PS3 exclusive titles have better graphics than 360 exclusive titles.

I'm getting ready to sell my 360 and get yet another PS3..this will be my third one. I'm getting another PS3 for Socom 4 coming out in April, that and most of my friends are on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan

With that version you can play ps2 titles because it is backwards compatible and doesn't use that lame emulator the new one uses.

"Go Big or Go Home" miniharrison37's Avatar

ps3

I wont be buying any more sony products for a long time after this whole hacker mess.