Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Gerald Wallace to the Nets

I didn't see the player option mentioned in that link but I'll take your word for it. I think Wallace is huge for a team that has Lopez at center (and maybe Humprhies at PF). Just a waste if they could have taken that shot in the Summer.

If Wallace can't opt out, I feel much differently about all this, even if others disagree.

And they should keep Lopez long-term...Brook and Brooks...too good a duo nickname.

Good High School Starter

Blazers are only 1-2 wins ahead of the Warriors, Knicks and Bucks. TANK, TANK, TANK! Nice trade!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I didn't see the player option mentioned in that link but I'll take your word for it. I think Wallace is huge for a team that has Lopez at center (and maybe Humprhies at PF). Just a waste if they could have taken that shot in the Summer.

If Wallace can't opt out, I feel much differently about all this, even if others disagree.

And they should keep Lopez long-term...Brook and Brooks...too good a duo nickname.
    Wallace definitely has a player option. Last we heard here in Portland was that he was leaning towards opting in because it is over $10M and his play this season doesn't warrant him getting a bigger contract. If Wallace plays really well for the Nets, then maybe he'll opt out in hopes of getting a decent multi-year contract.

Gerald may have been a panic trade. But it's exactly what the nets needed. They needed that slasher/defender. Nets have also not done so well rebounding and definitely didn't get any from Stevenson. That pick will most likely not even be a good lotto pick if it is at all. Let's not forget deron is still on this team. Also takes a lot of pressure off brooks. So it's good for now. The summer.... Well see. Nice little trio of Williams Wallace Lopez to go along with hump and marshon for the meantime.

What a joke.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

this trade sounds horrible to me if im the nets. a first rounder, a 10 mill expirer + williams for wallace? the heck is that? the nets have the 6th worst record in the league and this draft is deep. and on a day where nick young and leandro barbosa were had for almost nothing, this trade makes even less sense

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

this trade might have made sense to the nets had the pick not been involved. but now this is just a head scratcher. in a desperation attempt to keep deron, the nets went out and got... gerald wallace..

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Wallace definitely has a player option. Last we heard here in Portland was that he was leaning towards opting in because it is over $10M and his play this season doesn't warrant him getting a bigger contract. If Wallace plays really well for the Nets, then maybe he'll opt out in hopes of getting a decent multi-year contract.

Which would be the reason for the Nets not to trade such a high draft pick. But now that it's happened, the Nets better hope you guys don't have a chance to draft Anthony Davis...that would suck so hard for them.

Maybe MKG cuz he's supposed to be good and he's from right around the corner, in Elizabeth. Anyone else, I really don't think it matters for the Nets. It's huge for you guys tho.

The Nets could have had Favors, Kanter, Lopez at the bigs.

Instead they have Lopez, Humphries, Wallace.

Long term the first one is far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Gerald may have been a panic trade. But it's exactly what the nets needed. They needed that slasher/defender. Nets have also not done so well rebounding and definitely didn't get any from Stevenson. That pick will most likely not even be a good lotto pick if it is at all. Let's not forget deron is still on this team. Also takes a lot of pressure off brooks. So it's good for now. The summer.... Well see. Nice little trio of Williams Wallace Lopez to go along with hump and marshon for the meantime.
    Or you tossed away your pick with deron.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Or you tossed away your pick with deron.
    Oh well. It's what Deron wanted. He wanted a move. He didn't want to wait for a rookie to develop. Billy did his job. The players involved don't matter. Shawne was horrible and Okur was out. Nets are 6th worst for now. Williams got his help while keeping Brook, Marshon and Humphries.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Which would be the reason for the Nets not to trade such a high draft pick. But now that it's happened, the Nets better hope you guys don't have a chance to draft Anthony Davis...that would suck so hard for them.
    Yeah, I don't understand it for the Nets, but I'm happy the Blazers may have a chance to rebuild.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Oh well. It's what Deron wanted. He wanted a move. He didn't want to wait for a rookie to develop. Billy did his job. The players involved don't matter. Shawne was horrible and Okur was out. Nets are 6th worst for now. Williams got his help while keeping Brook, Marshon and Humphries.

oh Yeah, Than Derron's A$$ better not be going anywhere after the season if that is what he wanted or Prokov should send Russian Mob out to break his Kneecaps..

Too bad Dwight wasnt on his period and decided he wanted to be traded to NJN ala Melo like demands last season. That way Orlando could have dealt him there for Brook Lopez and whatever.

Dwight
    Kardashian
    G.Wallace
    Brooks
    DWill

That is a very solid lineup on paper.

Wtf?? The draft pick was the only thing I was looking forward to this year so we could have a solid back up plan if Deron leaves.