Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Still not ready to fire Grunwald?

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversat...ly-eight-weeks

When your team is anxiously and desperately waiting for a 36 year old, who hasn't played in 2 years, to return from injury, you haven't done your job as a GM. There's no doubt in my mind that the Knicks knew Sheed would be out. I think they were prolonging the inevitable. The knew they'd screwed up and they knew Grunwald would like like an idiot because of it. We ripped Isaiah when he made dumb moves and couldn't wait to get him out of town. All I ask is that you be fair lol This guy needs to go

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Still not ready to fire Grunwald?

[COLOR="Navy"]I just made a post about this. I strongly believe the Knicks knew he was going to need surgery and I'm suppose to believe adding KMart was suppose to be the answer? BS. Then he should have added another Center.

Do I think he should be fired? His theory was add veterans to be easily coached. Just because he added a bunch of Krust. Only Camby and Kidd got 3 year deals all others have 1 year deals. Novak got a 4 year deal? Wow I didnt remember that.

I dont think he WILL be fired but I dont have confidence in him to maximize this roster for the next 2 years of Melo, Stat, Chandler deal. He will have the room to make moves though. [/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 02-27-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]I just made a post about this. I strongly believe the Knicks knew he was going to need surgery and I'm suppose to believe adding KMart was suppose to be the answer? BS. Then he should have added another Center.

Do I think he should be fired? His theory was add veterans to be easily coached. Just because he added a bunch of Krust. Only Camby and Kidd got 3 year deals all others have 1 year deals. Novak got a 4 year deal? Wow I didnt remember that.

I dont think he WILL be fired but I dont have confidence in him to maximize this roster for the next 2 years of Melo, Stat, Chandler deal. He will have the room to make moves though. [/COLOR]
    I do to. No doubt in my mind. Remember, the reports were coming out days later that most people thought he'd be done for the season. You're just finding out NOW that he needs surgery? Puhlease! I think he and the Knicks front office put that buzz out there that he may be ready to go soon because he knew how bad it was beginning to look.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I do to. No doubt in my mind. Remember, the reports were coming out days later that most people thought he'd be done for the season. You're just finding out NOW that he needs surgery? Puhlease! I think he and the Knicks front office put that buzz out there that he may be ready to go soon because he knew how bad it was beginning to look.
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]I hope someone can explain to me the purpose of the rouge though? I cant even understand the logic of them putting the team at a disadvantage for so freaking long. I cant think of any benefits contractually or roster wise.[/COLOR]

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Bring back isiah...basically the same squad, just different names.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Bring back isiah...basically the same squad, just different names.
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IT had some talented squads but he was in love with making moves and not finding a good coach.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]IT had some talented squads but he was in love with making moves and not finding a good coach.[/COLOR]
    sounds familiar at the moment.

I give them this season though, but if they can't get out the first round, they do need to dissmantle the entire roster.

That would mean they lost to a team that didn't even have a top 10 player for christ sakes.

FACTS!!!

Bottom line is, all we had to do is get some DECENT players. Grunwald walked into a situation where he already had a star player handpicked by the owner. There are 5 teams with higher salaries than us. It isn't impossible.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Grunwald has done a decent job thus far and we currently are second in the EAST as I type this. This will be a very different looking Knicks team next year I can tell you that. But so far, this experiment has worked.

You people are talking about Isiah? What the **** is wrong with you? Those teams were completely mismatched messes. This team has more talent, it fits better, and it's not all bad character guys. Isiah's most talented team had Randolph and Crawford, these are not building block guys and they were just as highly paid as the Knicks now.

The Knicks have another year with this team, and then room to reload again. The only long contracts are novak, kidd & camby and they aren't big.

I know people bitch almost reflexively but wanting to fire the GM and talking about Isiah? You're not Knick fans, you are haters pretending to be fans because if you are longing for Isiah you just want to bitch.

The playoffs have not started yet, you can't make broad sweeping changes five times a year.

Niko...you might want to re-read what people posted before you go on your little rant. Nobody is advocating Isaiah.We're saying that he brought in more talent than Grunwald did. Yet somehow, Grunwald is exempt from criticism yet they couldn't wait to get rid of Thomas. Nobody wants Zeke back. Relax.And if you want to have a "who's more of a Knicks fan" debate...bring it on. Trust me. You will not win.

And let's cut the crap about our record. Our record is what it is mainly because of Carmelo Anthony's play this year...and Grunwald had NOTHING to do with that. Melo isn't the ONLY reason we have a good record but he is the biggest reason. If you remember, he also wasn't too keen on bringing in JR Smith, who has been huge for us. Those were Dolan moves. Now far be it from me to support Dolan. I'm no fan of his. But call it like it is. Carmelo Anthony is a Knick because of him.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Niko you are cool dude but you totally misread this thread (R.I.F is needed). You should go back and digest what was being said.

Patrick Chewing welcome back how has Grunwald done a decent job? Who did Gunwald bring in that made you think he did a decent job. Based on 18-5 you really thought Brewer, Kidd, Novak, JR Smith was that good with no Shump, Stat, Camby.[/COLOR]

All i care for is the win, for all the so called "talent" Isiah brought in... look at what he gave up.

Noah, Aldridge, Nene, Ariza, just to name a few.

Best team the Knicks have had in a decade courtesy of Glen Grunwald, cap expert turned GM.

All i want is for the team to play the way they should.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    All i care for is the win, for all the so called "talent" Isiah brought in... look at what he gave up.

Noah, Aldridge, Nene, Ariza, just to name a few.

Best team the Knicks have had in a decade courtesy of Glen Grunwald, cap expert turned GM.

All i want is for the team to play the way they should.
    How can you say "courtesy to Grunwald" when the best players aren't guys he brought in? Other than Chandler and Felton, anyone of significance was Dolan's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    How can you say "courtesy to Grunwald" when the best players aren't guys he brought in? Other than Chandler and Felton, anyone of significance was Dolan's doing.
    cap expert turned GM...it's in the post.