Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    College superstar

Default Re: NBA releases flopping defining vid with actual game footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    They aren't going to do it in real time. From my understanding it's going to be fines issued after games from replays.
    OK. If that's the case then this makes much more sense.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaar
    Don't you really see the difference between a situation when 2 players are engaged in a physical battle for position in the post and a situation when a player is running and suddenly takes a hard, UNEXPECTED hit from behind to his neck, with an elbow/forearm/whatever it was and is then grounded by the rest of Chandler's body? Sure, LBJ is strong as phuck but every human is extremely vulnerable to such hits when they don't expect it.
    what I'm saying is he felt the contact, took the impact from it, then decided to try and sell it as a much worse thing than it was. he clearly takes the impact, is slightly effected by it and then a moment later throws himself to the ground as if he was shot by a 12 gauge.

I must be the only one that thinks flopping brings something interesting to the game. It adds strategy where physically in-equipped players like Evans can compete to some degree.

Plus its funny as sh:t

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I love that they are trying to reduce flopping, but there is a lot of gray area in those interpretations.
    They seemed pretty clear to me. Don't create actions to contact that didn't happen. Don't try to get a foul you didn't earn, so if you did get hard enough for a foul it's ok to try to sell it a bit. It also seems like they're going to go harder at flops that are designed to stop play. That Caron Butler one they're going to let go because he tried to sell contact but kept going and he also wasn't super crazy about it. All other fouls in the game are called on an advantage/disadvantage basis so I assume that's how they're going to call this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    what I'm saying is he felt the contact, took the impact from it, then decided to try and sell it as a much worse thing than it was. he clearly takes the impact, is slightly effected by it and then a moment later throws himself to the ground as if he was shot by a 12 gauge.
    By the league standards explained in the video, selling/exaggerating legit contact (foul) is not considered a flop and will not be penalized. Therefore, there's no place for this lbj situation on the video (at least in the first part of it)

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaar
    By the league standards explained in the video, selling/exaggerating legit contact (foul) is not considered a flop and will not be penalized. Therefore, there's no place for this lbj situation on the video (at least in the first part of it)

Not really true, watch the Parker flop again and see what they said about that.