Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #9751
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
I think he won a tournament and gave the rose to Lyanna rather than his wife, Ellia. Typically the rose goes to the person you think is the most beautiful (or something like that)

And him giving it to Lyanna, everyone was like "yo, wtf bro"
Thanks!
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #9752
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
No it isn't. Especially if you are maintaining the trait for thousands of years and its a unique trait that was among the first houses in Westeros. Does the book say Silver, Platinum or Gold hair is recessive and belongs in the lighter hair category? What is the rule for Silver/platinum hair? Show me that in any book today in America? Their hair is always associated with a metal to go along with their fire. And throw in the fact that metals (that can withstand super high temperatures) are likely the genes end game or predominant direction, especially if its value tested for thousands of years. The Targaryn words are Fire and Blood, right? Coincidence???

The book has possibilities and that is what makes it good. Now I am not claiming to be 100% correct, Jon could very well have black hair but it's how striking how black the hair is, but a great read is there to challenge you. Not for you to stubbornly hold on to simple thoughts when the author rarely goes that route. Some people are just not ready for challenges.

Martain put the challenge out there intentionally, we have to figure it out. I doubt that the simplistic interpretation - the study of hair color - was to show you that Ned could do detective work, is what the author wanted to show.
Targaryens practiced incest so they would never have anything else but silver hair and purple eyes
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:25 AM   #9753
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Targaryens practiced incest so they would never have anything else but silver hair and purple eyes
And the book says its 100 proof right, according to you. If you don't understand symbolism or figurative language hear out other people are saying. Its a fiction book in a fiction world. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:51 AM   #9754
eliteballer
NBA All-star

Wait, so the show explanation for the origin of the white walkers is different from what (potentially) could be in the books?

The show says the COF created them to battle men, but in the books the white walker showed up far after the COF and men already had a peace treaty?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #9755
Nick Young
Banned

Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:23 PM   #9756
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

GOAT TV series season

its almost unfair since it took however many seasons to set this one up where shit is finally happening and every episode so far hasn't disappointed AT ALL

these 3 episodes so far have been as good as it gets. i might get pissed at some of the twists and turns but i knew shit wasnt going to go as smooth as it looked.

i really hope Snow and Danny hook up and fukk TBH. even if theyre half brother/sister cant wait until mormont gets back and back Jon up with Danny. Sansa is becoming a badass while littlefinger is teaching her shit.

while it sux Danny's allies are dropping like flies all she needs is Snow as a ally while Arya and hound/lord of lights do their shit.

can't think of a better tv series of anticipating the next week than this seasons GoT now that its finally reach its climax.

GOATerbe

Last edited by Godzuki : 07-30-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:25 PM   #9757
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Wait, so the show explanation for the origin of the white walkers is different from what (potentially) could be in the books?

The show says the COF created them to battle men, but in the books the white walker showed up far after the COF and men already had a peace treaty?

Yes, while the show is covering the overall just of the book a lot of what the show is doing is very far from what Martin had written...

Which I find very sad for him. He's basically spent 20 years putting together one of the most phenomal series ever written, got to watch his work blow up and become huge. The show came out as he finished finished his latest book 2011 I believe.

Now he has taken so long to release the book that he has to watch as no one will remember the series for how he truly wrote it, but as it was shown on tv. Of course, the people who read the books will know how it really ended, but the fact that show is going to finish before the books had to hurt him a little inside.

Of course he has become incredibly rich, and famous so you can't feel to bad for him. I'm could just see how he may be a little upset that the show will tell the ending before he gets to.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:28 PM   #9758
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Also.. what a terrible strategy by tyrion to go for casterly rock. They got completely outplayed by Jamie's military expertise their.

They only went for casterly rock because it was cersies home right? That is a horrible reason to sack a city with no strategic value. As they said on the show the gold mines where empty anyway.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:42 PM   #9759
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
GOAT TV series season

its almost unfair since it took however many seasons to set this one up where shit is finally happening and every episode so far hasn't disappointed AT ALL

these 3 episodes so far have been as good as it gets. i might get pissed at some of the twists and turns but i knew shit wasnt going to go as smooth as it looked.

i really hope Snow and Danny hook up and fukk TBH. even if theyre half brother/sister cant wait until mormont gets back and back Jon up with Danny. Sansa is becoming a badass while littlefinger is teaching her shit.

while it sux Danny's allies are dropping like flies all she needs is Snow as a ally while Arya and hound/lord of lights do their shit.

can't think of a better tv series of anticipating the next week than this seasons GoT now that its finally reach its climax.

GOATerbe
Dany is Jn Snow's aunt. Jon Snow is Dany's nephew.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #9760
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
Yes, while the show is covering the overall just of the book a lot of what the show is doing is very far from what Martin had written...

Which I find very sad for him. He's basically spent 20 years putting together one of the most phenomal series ever written, got to watch his work blow up and become huge. The show came out as he finished finished his latest book 2011 I believe.

Now he has taken so long to release the book that he has to watch as no one will remember the series for how he truly wrote it, but as it was shown on tv. Of course, the people who read the books will know how it really ended, but the fact that show is going to finish before the books had to hurt him a little inside.

Of course he has become incredibly rich, and famous so you can't feel to bad for him. I'm could just see how he may be a little upset that the show will tell the ending before he gets to.
Fat man wrote himself in to too many corners in the book.

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:56 PM   #9761
Patrick Chewing
Soldier of God

After all these years and all this build-up, the meeting of Ice and Fire was but a whimper.

Last edited by Patrick Chewing : 07-31-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:06 AM   #9762
Code Breaker
Decent playground baller

RIP to Olenna Tyrell one of the funniest and quick witted characters on the show.
Code Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:21 AM   #9763
eliteballer
NBA All-star

How the hell did Highgarden fall so easily.

The Tyrells command the most men in Westeros even with losing some of their bannermen, and the Lannisters have been devastated by years of war.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:31 AM   #9764
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Amazing mindfvck scene with Ellaria Sand helpless and listening to her fate about how she is now to suffer in the dungeon like a helpless whore for her mistake of killing Myrcella.

Then the 2nd mindfvck comes later with lady Olenna saying that she was the one who poisoned Joffrey. The helpless look on Jamie's face is priceless, knowing that he served her poison which is painless.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:59 AM   #9765
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
How the hell did Highgarden fall so easily.

The Tyrells command the most men in Westeros even with losing some of their bannermen, and the Lannisters have been devastated by years of war.
The knights of summer are soft and unprepared for the harsh winter.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: