Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Horford Suspended One Game

Quote:
Al Horford suspended 1 game for flagrant foul on T.J. Ford
Dec 13th, 2007 by insidehoops
Atlanta Hawks forward Al Horford has been suspended one game without pay for committing a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two by striking Toronto’s T.J. Ford on the head, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 1:32 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Hawks 100-88 loss to the Raptors on Tuesday night at Philips Arena. Horford will serve his suspension Friday against the Detroit Pistons.

InsideHoops.com: We agree with this. Even if the dangerous foul wasn’t intentional, a simple one-game suspension sends a message that all players need to be careful and simply cannot commit this type of foul.

From the InsideHoops blog. I think it's stupid that he got suspended, seeing as he's never done anything like this previously in his career. The NBA should be able to look at his record and assess that he most likely did not do this to hurt T.J. Ford. The NBA just has to look at the tape, and they'll realize he thought Ford was going to lay it up on the right of the hoop. He should not be suspended for misinterpreting Ford's intentions on the layup.

Sorry, posted this a little late, but since we didn't have a topic on this, I figured we should at least post some news here.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Horford Suspended One Game

I saw that play on SportsCenter, and I'm pretty convinced Horford had no intention of hurting T.J.

btw, how did you wrap grey around that text?

EDIT: nvm, I got it. Thanks though.

Last edited by The Big Three : 12-17-2007 at 05:52 PM.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: