Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

We should have a thread where we share/post stories from associations we've made where players have made unexpected leaps in terms of PT and statistical output in the simulated future.

For instance, I'm doing a Heat association for kicks where I move LeBron to full-time PF and juice up his stats down low.

After multiple scoring titles, MVPs, and rings, I decided to play a Game 7 ECF matchup against the Knicks in the 2014/15 season.

Melo is nowhere to be seen, but Jimmer apparently has become the starting PG... and is averaging 21/6/4, and 30/6/5 in the finals.

Home of the 16

Arrow Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

WOW! I won the NBA Finals with the Celitcs.

Ronda/D. Fish
    Shannon Brown/Wesley Johnson? (Is that his name?)
    Pierce/Ron Artest
    KG/KMart
    Brook Lopez/Robin Lopez

We all know im a Laker fan, and it was really sad seeing those players in the Free Agency Pool. I acquired Shannon Brown and Wesley Johnson by trading Jason Terry & Rip Hamilton, they were just not doing it for me. Both scored the lowest FG% for me, I checked the metric stats and both were just chuckers and wasn't helping the team at all. Both were traded to the Suns for Brown & Johnson (Hamilton + Terry + Cavs 1st pick for Brown + Johnson).

Funny story for Kmart. He was actually good until he got injured during the last 4 games in the finals, he had a severe injury like around the Semi-Finals? and had to be taken out of the rotation, but I never knew he came back healthy and was ready to play - So I simulated the games and stuffs and his Morale became 0% and asked for a trade

And I won the NBA Finals ... Rondo was the Finals MVP. It's really great cuz ANY PLAYER that's above 30+ in the free agency WILL take a paycut and sign with your team! I GOT MELO DAWG! THE FUTURE!

SIGNED MELO - 5mil per year/5 yrs.

They do not mess around in the rotation, im telling you ... You have to give your bench warmers minutes now or else theyll ask for a trade, WTF!
    In the previous NBA 2k games, it would have been alright if you just set their minutes to 0.

Anyways ... I'm bout to start my season.

Home of the 16

I might be one of those DICK GM/OWNER that'll trade old ass players that's been on a team for the past decade or half of his life for young players.

I might trade KG and Pierce and start a new Dynasty :)

Who knows .... Cuz I'm really open to acquiring Anthony Davis or Durant & Pau.

Pierce = 88
    KG = 84
    Rondo = 93
    Lopez = 87
    Melo = 89

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I might be one of those DICK GM/OWNER that'll trade old ass players that's been on a team for the past decade or half of his life for young players.

I might trade KG and Pierce and start a new Dynasty :)

Who knows .... Cuz I'm really open to acquiring Anthony Davis or Durant & Pau.

Pierce = 88
    KG = 84
    Rondo = 93
    Lopez = 87
    Melo = 89
    you can't trade pierce lol. there are like 4 trades i won't do in association. pierce from celtics, kobe from lakers, duncan from spurs, or dirk from mavs. also probably wouldn't trade away rondo. none of those players leaving their team feels right.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

also what quarter length, difficulty, and number of games per season do you guys use? if you play long seasons do you play all of your games or do you sim some of them?

Home of the 16

To be honest, this is more like creating a history for me rather than a challenge.

Btw,I got rid of Robin Lopez and 3 lottery picks for Anthony Davis

Ronda/Billups
    Pierce/Metta World Peace
    Melo/Battier
    Anthony Davis/Austin Daye
    Brook Lopez/KG

Had KG on Center cuz hes a sixthman and would **** up my rotation.
    Metta is also a sixth man.

Playing 14 game season with Bobcats, 5 min quarters. This way i can get thru a bunch of seasons.

Trying to be somewhat realistic. After a couple of games traded Sessions, T Thomas, and 2 first round picks for Thomas Robinson, Garcia and trash. Also picked up Roddy b as my backup PG.

I been playing MKG at 4. Small line up- Kemba, Gordon, Henderson, MKG and Bismack. Robinson off bench. Then MKG broke wrist. Put Robinson at 4 and I think when he comes back i will leave him there and bring MKG off bench with starters minutes.

Started off 2-6, then won 5 of 6 to finish 7-7 and get 8 seed. Ben G was leading scorer in NBA while kemba was most improved. 76ers are #1, beat em first gamein 2 of 3 series.

I began playing on pro, but I may switch it harder next season as i am getting much better. Gordon shot 50% from 3 line.

Interestingly, Jruh Holiday was MVP.

Was planning on letting Ben G walk if he didnt take player option, but I cant now. He drains everything.

I led NBA in scoring, but also gave up most PPG.

I am getting confident enough on bobcats I may actually try to play em in an online game. kemba and Hendo are money from 15-17.

May start an entire other assoc at a higher level. Also, i usually sim a bunch and just be GM may do that too.

Gameplay in 2k13 is better once u get used to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thesnowman22
    Playing 14 game season with Bobcats, 5 min quarters. This way i can get thru a bunch of seasons.

Trying to be somewhat realistic. After a couple of games traded Sessions, T Thomas, and 2 first round picks for Thomas Robinson, Garcia and trash. Also picked up Roddy b as my backup PG.

I been playing MKG at 4. Small line up- Kemba, Gordon, Henderson, MKG and Bismack. Robinson off bench. Then MKG broke wrist. Put Robinson at 4 and I think when he comes back i will leave him there and bring MKG off bench with starters minutes.

Started off 2-6, then won 5 of 6 to finish 7-7 and get 8 seed. Ben G was leading scorer in NBA while kemba was most improved. 76ers are #1, beat em first gamein 2 of 3 series.

I began playing on pro, but I may switch it harder next season as i am getting much better. Gordon shot 50% from 3 line.

Interestingly, Jruh Holiday was MVP.

Was planning on letting Ben G walk if he didnt take player option, but I cant now. He drains everything.

I led NBA in scoring, but also gave up most PPG.

I am getting confident enough on bobcats I may actually try to play em in an online game. kemba and Hendo are money from 15-17.

May start an entire other assoc at a higher level. Also, i usually sim a bunch and just be GM may do that too.

Gameplay in 2k13 is better once u get used to it.
    how are the injuries on 14 game seasons? I tried that last year and every week I had 3 or so injuries when I hadn't even been playing a game that week. Jrue Holiday is 3rd in my myplayer's rookie season for MVP voting atm halfway through the season. Someone at 2k likes him

I had a Nuggets association running, but got tired of the team so I blew it up.

First I tried building around a Lawson-Iggy-Favors core. It just wasn't fun.

Then I tried building like the Heat where Iggy was LeBron, Nick Young was Wade, and Derrick Williams was Bosh. I put Shump at PG and had McGee protecting the rim. That didn't work.

Now I have:
    PG: Kyrie / Wroten Jr.
    SG: Shump / Young
    SF: Leonard / Walton
    PF: Derrick Williams / Jason Smith
    C: Oden / Drummond / Diop

And I'm really digging this team. Nick Young is my 6th man (about 30 minutes a game) backing up SG and SF. Drummond backs up PF and C, mostly for his development. Oden is more of a stop gap right now than anything. He's not bad, though. These rest of the starters I'm going to build with.

1) Kyrie is a ****ing boss. His handle is incredible, shot is so easy, dunks in the lane...
    2) I've never enjoyed playing defense until I used Shump. It's actually a battle trying to stop players man on man using him. Fun stuff.
    3) Derrick Williams is bad. I wanted him to be my #2, but he has no offensive ability other than dunking. Still going to develop him into a Larry Johnson-type player. Eventually...

0-2 with the new roster. But the first game was against the Heat where Wade beat me with 3 seconds left. The second game was against the Spurs where I lost in OT by 2.. So I'm still feeling good.

Only complaint is that my team can't rebound for shit. Blair and Duncan combined for 30 rebounds, and about half were offensive... Not sure how to fix that.

Started a new Association with the Magic, but the team is such a mess that I don't think I'll pursue it. The team just flat out sucks, and the old guys like Turk are difficult to trade.

The only bright spot is Moe Harkless, who is good in the game.

If you do your own substitutions like I do, I recommend turning off player roles when starting your association. Allows for much more flexibility with rotations and you don't feel as if you are forced to play players because they need minutes.

Only had one big injury, MKG lost 6-8 wks, but only a coupla games because they are so spread out. He did get hurt between games, tho.

Won NBA title. Gotta move up difficulty.

Home of the 16

Exclamation Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    If you do your own substitutions like I do, I recommend turning off player roles when starting your association. Allows for much more flexibility with rotations and you don't feel as if you are forced to play players because they need minutes.
    LOL

Here's my tip for you.

Veterans = Age 34+ (I could be wrong, but that's how the system is built in Association mode)

Minutes:
    Starters - 30 mins. +
    Sixthman - 20 mins. +
    Role players - 8 mins. + (Depending on the player, there are players that want 15 mins)
    Benchwarmer - 1 min. + (Only works for 65 rated and below)

For starters, obviously anyone can be a starter.
    For Sixthman, If a player is rated 80 or 80+ they will always want there roles upgraded. But you must wait first for them to ask you to upgrade it, cuz there are some that are 80 but that's just a morale boost, you see those ICON POINTING UP right beside their rating? thats called a morale boost and their original rating could be 78 or 79 depending on there morale boost. There are veterans that could careless about roles but again, it all depends on their rating. If a veteran is rated 90+ and you put him as a bench warmer, WHO WOULDN'T BITCH ABOUT THAT?
    I'm saying is ... sometimes a veteran would SOMETIMES go with as being a ROLE PLAYER.

For role players, rated 69-79.

Bench warmers, Rated 68 or 69 BELOW.

Look, I could be wrong but I wrote that shit down from my experience. I know i've encountered a player where he was 78 or 77 and wanted an upgraded role to a SIXTHMAN.

I can tell you're a noobie at this, NO OFFENSE

....Welcome to Association Mode....
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-04-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    LOL

Here's my tip for you.

Veterans = Age 34+ (I could be wrong, but that's how the system is built in Association mode)

Minutes:
    Starters - 30 mins. +
    Sixthman - 20 mins. +
    Role players - 8 mins. + (Depending on the player, there are players that want 15 mins)
    Benchwarmer - 1 min. + (Only works for 65 rated and below)

For starters, obviously anyone can be a starter.
    For Sixthman, If a player is rated 80 or 80+ they will always want there roles upgraded. But you must wait first for them to ask you to upgrade it, cuz there are some that are 80 but that's just a morale boost, you see those ICON POINTING UP right beside their rating? thats called a morale boost and their original rating could be 78 or 79 depending on there morale boost. There are veterans that could careless about roles but again, it all depends on their rating. If a veteran is rated 90+ and you put him as a bench warmer, WHO WOULDN'T BITCH ABOUT THAT?
    I'm saying is ... sometimes a veteran would SOMETIMES go with as being a ROLE PLAYER.

For role players, rated 69-79.

Bench warmers, Rated 68 or 69 BELOW.

Look, I could be wrong but I wrote that shit down from my experience. I know i've encountered a player where he was 78 or 77 and wanted an upgraded role to a SIXTHMAN.

I can tell you're a noobie at this, NO OFFENSE

....Welcome to Association Mode....
    No, playing with player roles makes the rotations in the game unrealistic in my opinion. Why would you let a role player who is having a horrible game keep playing and making your team potentially lose when you can take him off and give another guy minutes without him being upset about his gametime.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    No, playing with player roles makes the rotations in the game unrealistic in my opinion. Why would you let a role player who is having a horrible game keep playing and making your team potentially lose when you can take him off and give another guy minutes without him being upset about his gametime.
    IMO that's why you trade players around.