Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Default Re: So Blake Griffin pretty much r a p e s

Quote Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
    Griffin is massively overrated. Amare had by far his best game of the season as well, and who was guarding him?
    Fail.. How many did he score on Brian Cook? Blake wasn't guarding him the whole game.. They also used Dean Demopoulos' "black zone"..

That being said Blake is still nowhere near the defender he should be, given his physical tools. I understand that.

But to say that he's overrated because Amare had a great game, you're just butthurt cause half your team is going to be nailed up in posters on Clipper fans' walls this upcoming year if you're a Knicks fan (from one game nonetheless)
    Last edited by TheCalmInsanity; 11-21-2010 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    yes its impressive he actually did shit in the 2nd half and had 7 assists along with a bunch of thunderous crowd pumping/crowd bringing in dunks, but its still a loss.
    Meh, it's part of growing. I honestly see this franchise loaded with potential. You can dump off Kaman and Davis for contenders needing a final piece or for fairly valuable pieces. That would be addition by subtraction in my opinion, as well as actual adding by whatever is received in the trades. Gordon and Griffin give a great 2 star combo in my opinion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Meh, it's part of growing. I honestly see this franchise loaded with potential. You can dump off Kaman and Davis for contenders needing a final piece or for fairly valuable pieces. That would be addition by subtraction in my opinion, as well as actual adding by whatever is received in the trades. Gordon and Griffin give a great 2 star combo in my opinion.
    i agree completely, but they need to get their shit together defensively and as a whole if they want to ever matter, the knicks tore them apart worse than the score suggests. gallinari had a career game, amare had his best game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    i agree completely, but they need to get their shit together defensively and as a whole if they want to ever matter, the knicks tore them apart worse than the score suggests. gallinari had a career game, amare had his best game of the season.
    Defense is hard work, offense is skill. You establish an offense that has most of the players happy with their touches, they'll be a little motivated to play better defense. It's growing chemistry. You have the young talented players, but you need harder working veterans who exemplify defense and hard work a little better than someone like Baron Davis (a Udonis Haslem or Gerald Wallace) which would help mold the younger players better. Finally, I don't watch the Clippers TOO much (but have tried to to catch Griffin play) and an upgrade at Coach (saw that video by that coach on youtube explaining the inefficiency of the offensive set plays the Clippers run) would go a long way in improving this team.

that really is a kick ass statline... downside is that it came against the knicks... again

kevin love already put 30/30 on the knicks

they should be ashamed of their D

talk about getting owned by bigs... knicks got it much worse than the heat

Default Re: Did anyone just see what Blake Griffin Just Did!!!

This guy can completely change the entire Clippers Organization.

Quote Originally Posted by DMizzle
    lol @ youtube comments "The Ref Jizzed himself at :29."

-Smak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Defense is hard work, offense is skill. You establish an offense that has most of the players happy with their touches, they'll be a little motivated to play better defense. It's growing chemistry. You have the young talented players, but you need harder working veterans who exemplify defense and hard work a little better than someone like Baron Davis (a Udonis Haslem or Gerald Wallace) which would help mold the younger players better. Finally, I don't watch the Clippers TOO much (but have tried to to catch Griffin play) and an upgrade at Coach (saw that video by that coach on youtube explaining the inefficiency of the offensive set plays the Clippers run) would go a long way in improving this team.
    defense is more about trust and making proper rotations, the best defensive team in the league could have 5 awful man to man defenders and it wouldn't matter. i think the coaching is overrated, the best teams in the league aren't the best because they run great plays, they make spontaneous passes, have ball movement, and have defined roles. the coaching decision was already made, it was either vinny or dwayne casey and they chose vinny. he has his problems as far as rotations, but he seems to learn, make adjustments and adapt, and he has confidence in young players and works to develop them. unless phil jackson is interested in the job, firing vinny doesn't help. stability should be #1.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

I was at the game tonight. Stoudemire had a great game, but Griffin was even more impressive. He is incredibly aggressive going to the hole.

Brian Cook should be run out of town on a rail.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Okay those dunks were insane. This guy is for real...at least in the dunking department. I havent seen him play in a whole game but im very impressed by his dunking ability, everyone are. But 9 straight loses for his team. Ouch. How's his defense? Is he just a stat padder or is his team just that bad?

Let's see him in the dunk contest...

-Smak

Decent playground baller

Blake Griffin jumps pretty high for a white guy.

But from the highlights, Amar'e just went around him for easy jams.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vinsane01
    Okay those dunks were insane. This guy is for real...at least in the dunking department. I havent seen him play in a whole game but im very impressed by his dunking ability, everyone are. But 9 straight loses for his team. Ouch. How's he's defense? Is he just a stat padder or is his team just that bad?
    His D isn't too great but then again the defensive rotations on the Clippers' team is atrocious.. It's really hard being a good defender when everyone has to cover for each other's mistakes because your team defense is horrid

He's also constantly in foul trouble which makes him a lot more shy to go up for blocks or anything else. He gets typical rookie foul call treatment, and it's also hard to control your body defensively if you're a physical specimen like that.

He'll learn.. And once he does he'll be an incredible defender. But he needs to learn the in's and out's of the NBA.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    His D isn't too great but then again the defensive rotations on the Clippers' team is atrocious.. It's really hard being a good defender when everyone has to cover for each other's mistakes because your team defense is horrid

He's also constantly in foul trouble which makes him a lot more shy to go up for blocks or anything else. He gets typical rookie foul call treatment, and it's also hard to control your body defensively if you're a physical specimen like that.

He'll learn.. And once he does he'll be an incredible defender. But he needs to learn the in's and out's of the NBA.
    That is a fair assessment.

owwwww

Default Re: Did anyone just see what Blake Griffin Just Did!!!

at him blessing Mozgov as he dunked on him.

So glad I turned on the game right before that dunk. The one on Gallo was amazing because it was so unexpected to me (didn't look possible to dunk in that situation, more like a finger roll) and a couple of his missed attempts were nasty too. Guy goes out to murder people in the air, so reckless but so fun. Mike Smith made a good point, Amare was throwing down nasty dunks himself but he looked like a stiff compared to what Blake was doing.