Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2014 Australian Open of Tennis

Insane performance by Nadal...

Man y'all see the ball to give Rafa his 2nd matchpoint? Insane stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Brody
    Oh!, Now I'm really jealous! Those two ladies are so gorgeous!

So, I did a little scout:

Petra Uberalova

Heidi El Tabakh

Urszula Radwanska

Laura Robson (classy lady)
    Wow, all of them

Especially Petra. But female tennis players are all just

Man I set my alarm for 3:30 so I could get 2 hours of sleep... I didn't even hear it ring so no idea if it did or I was just too tired and shut it off while sleeping Either way, Rafa gon Raf He is not the GOAT yet, there still needs to be some work on that (if he finishes off Stan) but even if he falls short of 17, like say 15 or 16 we'd have to consider him near GOATness, the way he has dominated another GOAT candidate

Looking for the highlights now...

nadal is creeping up on federer as goat .. he's almost assured at least two more this year and a bunch have come at the expense of federer .. so he'll be just 2 behind him .. then even if he stays 2 behind(which he probably won't .. I think he'll at the very least tie him), he absolutely owns federer in every which way h2h .. federer literally is his bitch .. how can you anoint someone like that goat over nadal ?

   

laver is still the GOAT as i see it, but i agree that it

[QUOTE=gigantes]laver is still the GOAT as i see it, but i agree that it

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    and how the hell do you see it

it will be clearly fed and nadal 1 and 2 when its all said and done, we just dont know in which order
    Nadal will be numero uno. Probably undisputed GOAT.

   

it will be clearly fed and nadal 1 and 2 when its all said and done, we just dont know in which order
    i wrote a research post once... have it bookmarked on my laptop... will find it later.

it

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    I don't know if you've seen the blisters on Nadal's hand but I'm not going to post them here as they are very nasty looking.

I've got blisters on the inside of my thumb from playing tennis before and if the outer skin peels off it's literally racket handle on flesh chaffing. It is extremely painful and takes about a week or so to callous over.

Thinking about how Nadal generates only about 10x the racket head speed I do along with how those blisters are all over his entire hand... I am surprised he won against that Grigor dude.

If Nadal's injuries are still there when he plays Fed, and he somehow pulls this off, I'll have gained a newfound respect for this guy. I know he's mentally strong, imo the mentally strongest athlete in all of modern era tennis, but to play and win a possible 5 setter against the most successful tennis player of all time with flesh wounds?
    Damn, I guess I was either over-estimating the extent of Rafa's injury (which it appeared to have looked very bad in pics I saw two days ago) or Rafa's got some world class treatment.

Either way, Rafa wasn't 100% prime Rafa last night. Federer obviously didn't play a great match either but Rafa didn't generate those extremely high deep forehands into Fed's backhand, they even pulled out an image to show the height of those bounces last night.

Also was a little scared when Rafa called out the trainer in the beginning of the second set, but in the end I think Fed played mediocre compared to how he played against Murray. Fed's serve wasn't winning him enough easy points and his approach game has to be world class if he wants to finish points off against Nadal.

Bad news for Wawrinka is that Nadal's game is suited perfectly for righties with one handed backhands. Nadal to tie Pete after Saturday late night.

   

back at my laptop... this why i think rod laver is the clear-cut GOAT:
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=123

and just to be clear, it's not so much that i worship this guy... more like i get annoyed by those who seem to think that earth history began the day they were born. as in, would it kill you to have some respect for the glories of the past?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The order is absolutely known. Nadal due to his h2h domination is clearly GOAT.

I just hope that when he gets the 18th major, he emblazons every piece of attire with the number 18 in huge bold letters. It should be on his shoes, his socks, his shorts, his shirt, his headband. Hell he should get 18 tattooed on his body and face.

I think the tour needs to seriously reconsider their strategy of increasingly slowing the courts to create more rallies. Sure, people want to see exciting rallies... but people also want to see players hit winners. The PGA has faced a similar issue with some of their tournaments over the past few years. People want to see PGA pros face challenging conditions... but at the same time, people don't want to watch PGA pros play par level golf.

It seems like many of you have forgotten that Federer is 32 years old. That's a senior citizen in the sport of Tennis. Let's wait and see what Nadal is doing at the age of 32. Since his game is largely predicated on defense and athleticism, I doubt he's a top 10 player past the age of 30. I'd be surprised if he wasn't already retired at the age of 32.

   

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It seems like many of you have forgotten that Federer is 32 years old. That's a senior citizen in the sport of Tennis. Let's wait and see what Nadal is doing at the age of 32. Since his game is largely predicated on defense and athleticism, I doubt he's a top 10 player past the age of 30. I'd be surprised if he wasn't already retired at the age of 32.
    also, where would rafa be without having his knees injected with HGH spun from his own blood? might have had to retire already.

he has a huge advantage over every heavy topspinner / defensive player in history-- he got a 2nd life... they didn