Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft

Default 2015 Draft

So yeah, I'm a realist (or a homer), whatever you call it. The west is better than the East, pretty much everybody knows it. You all wish you lived out west, nobody out west wished they lived on the east coast. Those are all known facts right?

I know you all think it's a okafor/towns/mudiay thing. But get real, no matter how bad you hope the Knicks are they aren't a top 5 pick team.

Is there anything wrong with talking about draft picks outside the top 3?

Who are the guys you are following or the guys you hope are future Knicks? Mine are

1st round
    Russell Ohio st. 6--5 pg/sg. Pretty sure he is a triangle pg

Myles turner. 6-11. Pf. Yeah he's prob a top 5 pick but he is a pf and the Knicks need list includes pf

Porzingis 7-1 pf/c.

Norman Powell 6-4 pg uclA

2nd round guy

Larry nance Jr. 6-9 pf. If you already start q acy you might as well grab a bigger better version.

Pangos. 6-2. GonzAga. Would you hate prig's replacement to be 15 years younger and a great shooter?

Who are you following? Who are the future Knicks?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Draft

The Knicks certainly are bad enough to get a top 3 pick, they are flat out awful.

There's other players in the draft that I think will be good nba players, but for me I'd rather focus on where the team likely will be which is top 3.

Okafor or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Okafor or bust.
    6-9 centers have always dominated the NBA.

You think okafor and gasol is a good pairing or have you given up on gasol?

Would you trade the #1 pick for gasol to come over on a 5 year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    The Knicks certainly are bad enough to get a top 3 pick, they are flat out awful.

There's other players in the draft that I think will be good nba players, but for me I'd rather focus on where the team likely will be which is top 3.
    A poker game w the regulars from this board would be awesome. Completely snake bitten team 20 games in and tied for 3/4 pick and you guys believe it's a lock to win a top 3 pick? IMO that's like going all in w J-10 because it's suited

I'd like to see who you think are your top 3 for the Knicks; guessing it's just the 3 that everybody has considered the top 3? (Okafor, towns, mudiay)

Even better, who do you take if you are the Knicks at #4- porzingis or Myles turner?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    6-9 centers have always dominated the NBA.

You think okafor and gasol is a good pairing or have you given up on gasol?

Would you trade the #1 pick for gasol to come over on a 5 year deal?

Why would Gasol, who's going to be 30 years old soon, come to a team in total rebuild. I did not consider the team tanking when the season began... Marc is not even an afterthought now.

It's obvious Phil Jackson is getting this team as young as he can so they have more of a chance of being "teachable". There are too many dummies on this roster.

A poker game w the regulars from this board would be awesome. Completely snake bitten team 20 games in and tied for 3/4 pick and you guys believe it's a lock to win a top 3 pick? IMO that's like going all in w J-10 because it's suited

I'd like to see who you think are your top 3 for the Knicks; guessing it's just the 3 that everybody has considered the top 3? (Okafor, towns, mudiay)

Even better, who do you take if you are the Knicks at #4- porzingis or Myles turner?
    if it isnt top three...trade it.

Why would Gasol, who's going to be 30 years old soon, come to a team in total rebuild. I did not consider the team tanking when the season began... Marc is not even an afterthought now.

It's obvious Phil Jackson is getting this team as young as he can so they have more of a chance of being "teachable". There are too many dummies on this roster.
    I love the double talk. A month ago it was a forgone conclusion that gasol would come. And you thought the team was bad and it was just a learning year. You get what you want and then become scared and think the rest won't work?

Krust Kingz

I love the double talk. A month ago it was a forgone conclusion that gasol would come. And you thought the team was bad and it was just a learning year. You get what you want and then become scared and think the rest won't work?
    There is no double talk he actually explained in detail why his position may have changed. Long story short..... No one anticipated this team being this terrible. I even thought this team was capable of winning up to 40 games and that doesnt seem like thats happening baring a miracle.

Since there isnt an Anthony Davis or Jabari Parker in this draft it really doesnt matter who gets picked because they will not be a game changer. I pray the team doesnt go with a defensive only player which would be a complete waste.

No it is double talk. Both of you. My 2 favorites here, but stick w your guns

You are now trying to say that it's different to be bad and really bad. Would've had gasol begging to come if you finish 10th in the east. Now it's impossible if you finish 13th? I tried telling you that the Knicks have to get better now to ever expect stars to beg to come. You said it was all capspace and a city you think means something to everyone in the country

Krust Kingz

You are now trying to say that it's different to be bad and really bad. Would've had gasol begging to come if you finish 10th in the east. Now it's impossible if you finish 13th? I tried telling you that the Knicks have to get better now to ever expect stars to beg to come. You said it was all capspace and a city you think means something to everyone in the country
    First of all I never said any of that bogus crap..... never referred to the city or anyone would beg to come. Dont make stuff up.

Had the team shown signs of growth and improvement with a caveat that Gasol could take the team from a 40 win team to a 50 win team contender of course it's a viable option. If anything I know you first build your own players through the draft and add missing pieces through FA or trades 2nd.

Its virtually impossible to build a winner through FA or trades solely.

We can agree to disagree... it's the mature thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

Its virtually impossible to build a winner through FA or trades solely. [/B]
    Right the heat, celtics, pistons were all flukes. Spurs draft 4 players in 15 years and do the rest w great fa team building and picking up undervalued guys who fit. And the lakers draft 1 guy in Kobe.

The "next" teams build through drafts. Sure okc will likely get it done but if you go back through the last 15 years the other teams that were going to be the "next" never do.

We can agree to disagree... it's the mature thing to do.
    Mature thing is to be honest. Not cover up flip flopping. You thought the team didn't have to get any better and a superstar fa would come over for free. It was all a wasted season just to learn the system and then get almost all new guys.

Right the heat, celtics, pistons were all flukes. Spurs draft 4 players in 15 years and do the rest w great fa team building and picking up undervalued guys who fit. And the lakers draft 1 guy in Kobe.

The "next" teams build through drafts. Sure okc will likely get it done but if you go back through the last 15 years the other teams that were going to be the "next" never do.
    Miami doesnt even get the big three without their drafted player in Wade who had already won a ring before them.

Same with Boston and Paul Pierce...a drafted player.

Even with the Lakers, you have Kobe and the guy who kept him stable in Fisher...both drafted by them...technically. The second time around Bynum was a main piece to those finals as well, and yes he was drafted by them.

Building a solid team capable of winning relies on all the aspects.

The Pistons were a fluke, teams rarely win the way they did.