Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #16
TDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TDoug has an OK reputation so far

A bone to the role players. Why change the starting lineup from the best team
in the NBA ? Yeah, Miami beat them but no one was allowed to check Wade after game 3.
TDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

For one thing Griffin is gone. So the starting lineup is going to change some. Harris didn't start till the playoffs against SA. And if someone is playing better and it helps the team. Then you have to consider it.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #18
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Sitting down: Saturday's game was Anthony Johnson's turn to take a night off. Coach Avery Johnson is trying to give most of his starters a break late in the preseason.

And make no mistake, Anthony Johnson is the starter so far in the backcourt with Jason Terry.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.31b80c8.html
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #19
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default .

Quote:
I did have a big long post talking about starters and minutes but i accidentally hit back on my browser and lost it.

use ******* Firefox as your browser and you wont have that problem.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #20
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

So soog, what do you think of AJ starting? It's been so long since we first started this I don't remember. He hasn't looked too bad what I've seen of him preseason. Wish maybe the shooting was a little better.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #21
Slickshot
I airball my layups

Slickshot has an OK reputation so far

Yeah lots of spots open in the dallas lineup. The especially center position with Diop and Dampier. I'm guessing that Dallas is going to do the same thing as last year putting Diop in the starting position, but Dampier with heavy minutes off the bench.
Slickshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #22
flamethrower42

flamethrower42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshot
Yeah lots of spots open in the dallas lineup. The especially center position with Diop and Dampier. I'm guessing that Dallas is going to do the same thing as last year putting Diop in the starting position, but Dampier with heavy minutes off the bench.

Slickshot, I agree that Diop might start but think Damp plays the most minutes. You would think he would want the starting job back.

Damp has been taken in my fantasy drafts. Not an indicator of much of anything except someone thinks like I do. :)
flamethrower42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #23
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I think that due to Damp missing games with the hip, the center situation will remain status quo. Damp was making a good case for himself until that point. Or maybe Avery was scared Damp was going to win the job back and is overresting him!!

Flame, you are in two Mavs fantasy leagues. Of course Damp is going to be drafted! (actually he's been drafted in all the leagues I'm in, and they aren't all Mavs leagues)
Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #24
flamethrower42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
I think that due to Damp missing games with the hip, the center situation will remain status quo. Damp was making a good case for himself until that point. Or maybe Avery was scared Damp was going to win the job back and is overresting him!!

Flame, you are in two Mavs fantasy leagues. Of course Damp is going to be drafted! (actually he's been drafted in all the leagues I'm in, and they aren't all Mavs leagues)

O Diss .. silent!!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #25
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AJ is better at playing as a traditional PG than Devin is. His D i would say is nearly as good, his shooting is streaky however his passing is just much smarter on the whole. i see alot of AJ with Devin and Terry at SG this year.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #26
flamethrower42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
AJ is better at playing as a traditional PG than Devin is. His D i would say is nearly as good, his shooting is streaky however his passing is just much smarter on the whole. i see alot of AJ with Devin and Terry at SG this year.

Kent, as much as I dislike agreeing with someone that looks like KVH, I will because you're right.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #27
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

I'm sticking to my guns. Well... kinda... despite my prediciton of Harris at pg I do like AJ at point, experienced guard who will be much more consistant; however, I still think if Harris developes any sort of consistancy he will be the starter by the end off the season. I also see this as a tandem similar to Damp and Diop, AJ will start but Harris will get more minutes.

***Edit***
oh yeah, but I do gotta say that my main point earlier was that Terry was a SG =)

Last edited by soog : 10-26-2006 at 10:22 PM.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:30 AM   #28
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Hang in there soog. Stick to your guns! If AJ and Harris can contribute consistantly. Or pick up the slack when one is in a slump. I don't see a down side either way. The Pistons had a nice 3 man rotation with Thomas, Dumars and Vinnie Johnson. Not implying they are that good, but that it could work.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: