Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Seriously, why the hate on Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbrook
    Chuckbrook gonna chuck
    Wonder whose alt this is? Registration opened up I guess, time for trolls to reload.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Cro Cop
    I get that he doesn't make the best decisions on the court but I can see why his personality might offend a lot of people but the guy is clearly one of the hardest working players in the league. I personally praise him for his no-look-back-I-don't-give-a-shit attitude, because if anything, we need more of that in today's watered down pussified league where everyone wears a mask in front of the camera to protect their "image".

His fearlessness and determination reminds me of a young Kobe in every way and his relentless style of play makes him one of the most exciting players to watch. The dude's a baller and shows up every night and puts in 100% effort, no questions asked and yet is still hated on at every turn....it's ridiculous how disrespected he is
    ugly,cocky and Thunder is overrated

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Because most posters don't really know much about basketball and watch box score more than live games.

I usually hit open layups GOATbrookisGAWD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Because most posters don't really know much about basketball and watch box score more than live games.
    I don't get it? Are you saying people hate on him because his box score stats aren't that impressive? Because they are..

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Cro Cop
    I get that he doesn't make the best decisions on the court but I can see why his personality might offend a lot of people but the guy is clearly one of the hardest working players in the league. I personally praise him for his no-look-back-I-don't-give-a-shit attitude, because if anything, we need more of that in today's watered down pussified league where everyone wears a mask in front of the camera to protect their "image".

His fearlessness and determination reminds me of a young Kobe in every way and his relentless style of play makes him one of the most exciting players to watch. The dude's a baller and shows up every night and puts in 100% effort, no questions asked and yet is still hated on at every turn....it's ridiculous how disrespected he is
    Alot of it has do do with the fact that he is a sidekick too...the sidekick gets not enough credit and alot of blame. Kobe had to deal with the same thing as shaq's sidekick. Westbroook haters ignore all the good he does to point out the 1 or 2 bad shots he takes on a ightly basis...or the 1 or 2 offensive fouls he gets called for....nitpicking the guy to death.... He dominates he's always the best PG on the floor night in and night ...defense rebounding scoring, huslte and playmaking.

he's such an off and on player sometimes, it's hard to like those kinds of. players.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by GOATbrookisGAWD
    I don't get it? Are you saying people hate on him because his box score stats aren't that impressive? Because they are..
    he's shooting 43%FG and 53%TS... those are Allen iverson-esque.
    he's taking almost 1 shot more than Durant to average 5 points less.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KbMjLbj
    no its not...iverson shot 41% and lower even below 40%....look around the league most PG are shooting 44% and lower... James harden is only shooting 44% melo is only shooting 45%..... FG% is such an overrated stat..context is important..

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    no its not...iverson shot 41% and lower even below 40%....look around the league most PG are shooting 44% and lower... James harden is only shooting 44% melo is only shooting 45%..... FG% is such an overrated stat..context is important..

here's your context.

I usually hit open layups GOATbrookisGAWD's Avatar

While averaging 8 assists and 5 REBOUNDS as a PG! Not to mention the amount of times he breaks down the defense to get players like Durant/Ibaka/Thabo open shots, whether they hit them or not. Take the blindfold off and quit hating.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    haha I remember that episode.

I don't think it's percentages that bother me about Westbrook. I just remember him throwing the playoffs in 11. That was a long time ago, though, but I gotta see him do his part in a series that they shouldn't win before I decide he's somehow matured.

He's a baller, but he also gets wild. I wouldn't want to play with him no matter how good he is.

-Smak

High School Starter

He does have some annoying stans and fg% actually matters believe it or not, go back to the finals yea had a good game 4 but is every1 forgetting game 5 with elimination on the line even with the 13 ft attempts dude went 4/20 biggest choke job I ever saw at the time even all the Okc fans were furious with him

Saw a basketball once SeattleSonics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    He does have some annoying stans and fg% actually matters believe it or not, go back to the finals yea had a good game 4 but is every1 forgetting game 5 with elimination on the line even with the 13 ft attempts dude went 4/20 biggest choke job I ever saw at the time even all the Okc fans were furious with him
    False. Lebron 2011 was the biggest choke job. Secondly, Harden was the choke job on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Alot of it has do do with the fact that he is a sidekick too...the sidekick gets not enough credit and alot of blame. Kobe had to deal with the same thing as shaq's sidekick. Westbroook haters ignore all the good he does to point out the 1 or 2 bad shots he takes on a ightly basis...or the 1 or 2 offensive fouls he gets called for....nitpicking the guy to death.... He dominates he's always the best PG on the floor night in and night ...defense rebounding scoring, huslte and playmaking.
    1 or 2 bad shots?

Westbrook takes at least 6 shots bad shots per game and it's probably more than that. I can understand the shots he takes when KD's weak ass can't get open, but dribbling the ball down the court and shooting without initiating any type of offense is unacceptable. And he does this at an alarming rate. Once he decides he's going to shoot it doesn't matter how many people are open he's going to chuck it up....serious tunnel vision.

I don't think people are nitpicking him to death. Westbrook will literally cost his team the game doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. I'm sorry, but you can't overlook that kind of shit.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbrook
    1 or 2 bad shots?

Westbrook takes at least 6 shots bad shots per game and it's probably more than that. I can understand the shots he takes when KD's weak ass can't get open, but dribbling the ball down the court and shooting without initiating any type of offense is unacceptable. And he does this at an alarming rate. Once he decides he's going to shoot it doesn't matter how many people are open he's going to chuck it up....serious tunnel vision.

I don't think people are nitpicking him to death. Westbrook will literally cost his team the game doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. I'm sorry, but you can't overlook that kind of shit.
    Him attacking first thing down the court is the sole tangible form of offensive structure OKC actually has.

He needs to have better shot selection, but that does not mean not playing his game....the bad shots he takes occur when he actively attempts to feed Durant and fails.

He misses some transition pull up J's - that don't mean they're bad shots...he's up the court before everyone else...OKC's transition defense is in a good place when he takes those shots, he's probably the best in the league at it, it's a risk worth taking occasionally.