Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Mega Man 9 (new 2d 8-bit game)

Mega Man is coming back! In it's original style and form. None of this hybrid-rpg business. just good ol' 2d 8-bit platforming!! i know there's some old-school heads on this board that will appreciate this!

Mega Man 9 Set for WiiWare
Looks like the Blue Bomber is going back to his roots.
by Daemon Hatfield
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/884/884605p1.html

June 26, 2008 - Our ears perked up last week when we saw Capcom had filed the title Mega Man 9 with Australia's Classification Review Board (down under's version of the Entertainment Software Ratings Board). It's been over ten years since we were blessed with a proper new Mega Man game. Now it looks like the next entry in the series is set for Nintendo's WiiWare service.

Fansite The Mega Man Network has gotten its hands on a couple (blurry) scans from the next issue of Nintendo Power. The screenshots look like the classic 8-bit Mega Man we all know and love. Capcom is apparently going old school with this one. Mega Man Network lists the following robot bad guys:

Magma Man
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Concrete Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Tornado Man
Splash WOMAN (although this isn't confirmed, yet)

Mega Man 9 is being developed by Inti Creates, a team made up of former Capcom devs that brought us the first three Mega Man X games, Mega Man Zero, and the Mega Man ZX series.

SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Mega Man 9 (new 2d 8-bit game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
Plug Man

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
Splash WOMAN (although this isn't confirmed, yet)

So now Capcom has to be politically correct now…

Anyways, its a novel fan service… funny thing is people are going to whine and moan about the same ol sprites and if Capcom did something new, they'd whine about it being all new and far from the original…

It works for me and I'll get it as it is a fan service for fellows like me… last Mega Man I REALLY liked was Mega Man 3. The other NES ones were ok but just didn't do it for me I guess… 7 was decent and 8 was pretty cool (I only played the Saturn version). I never liked the X series…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

yeah, i never got into the x series ones. mega man 3 was the only one i owned and that was a HUGE game in its time. felt so much bigger in scope than its predecessors.

and the addition of rush (springboard/hoverboard/submarine/dog) was a nice little gameplay tweak.

im hoping theyve got something clever like that up their sleeve for this one.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

When I try to play Mega man now I find it impossible (although I beat the first 3 or 4 games back in the day), you totally have to memorize the path the bullets and stuff take through the air.

I don't really care much about Mega Man, but I'd be down for a crop of new sprite based fighting games.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

bump because this was released yesterday on wiiware! (i think it hits xbla and psn today).

really fun game so far. after playing it for an hour or so last night i've realized:

1. why i used to get so frustrated with video games as a kid
2. why i felt like such a badass for actually beating a game like this

overall though, the levels and bosses feel great and pick up right where they left off so many years and consoles ago. the music is as good and characteristic as ever and the control is as tight as ever.

i am also going to have to recommend this on wiiware above xbla and psn because of the wiimote's great d-pad and the fact they've the left the game pretty raw compared to other version's that have gone for a more high res output.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I haven't gotten it yet (need to get Wii points),
but yeah, I would get this for Wii above 360 because I cannot stand the junk d-pad on the 360 shitroller!

I still left with the bad experience from BC: Rearmed using that peice of shit (though it is a good game)

I'll miss achivements but F it I'd rather enjoy playing the game rather than destroy another shitroller
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: