Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default Don't Expect Any Improvement Next Season

The Warriors are basically going to be the same team with another year's worth of experience. You then add a lottery pick thats going to rot on the bench for the seasn or possibly sent down to the D-League. If Mullin truly believes that this is going to be a playoff team next season with the same roster, then he's mistaken. I'm sure he thought the same thing that last Summer. Changes have to be made. He's seems pretty adamant about keeping Ellis and Biedrins which means they'll have a 6'3 combo guard that can't guard points or 2 guards in the league with Ellis. Baron was worn down because of not only the 40+ minutes per game, but having to guard bigger guys night in and night out took a physical toll on his body that he's not accustomed to. Ellis isn't like a Cuttino Mobley, who despite being 6'3, has long arms and is quite strong. This roster can't compete with the West when they have combinations of:

Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum
McGrady and Yao
Paul, West, Chandler
Williams and Boozer
Iverson, Anthony, Martin
Nash, Stoudemire, Shaq
Parker, Ginobli, Duncan
Kidd, Howard, Nowitzki

I don't see Davis, Ellis, and Jackson in that category at all. If Ellis is going to be signed long term, they should play him at the point guard spot and try to deal Baron to the Clippers for Elton Brand. Ellis, Belinelli, Jackson, Brand, and Biedrns?

If they re-sign Baron, then they have to make a serious decision about Monta because I don't feel that this team is worse with Davis, Belinelli or Azubuike, Jackson, Wright and Biedrins as your starters. BD won't have to guard bigger players and they're a better shooting team which is what they love to do.

A free agent that I would love to get is Carlos Arroyo. He's a great defender and would be a nice point guard to have off the bench to keep Baron's minutes down.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Don't Expect Any Improvement Next Season

Maybe the G-dubs can make a move for J-Oneal or Brand?

Maybe trade Baron????
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
I'm sure he thought the same thing that last Summer.

Yeah, and I'm sure he didn't see a 48 or 49 win team missing the playoffs, either, but you must have, huh? This WAS a playoff team, they just f*cked themselves in the Denver game.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Kobe/Bynum/Gasol
I airball my layups

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Maybe the G-dubs can make a move for J-Oneal or Brand?

Maybe trade Baron????
Baron can opt out.
And from what im reading he could go to either LA team.
Id rather have Baron then Arenas.
Kobe/Bynum/Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #5
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think trading Baron while he is still in his prime would be a good idea. I consider him a top 5 PG in the nba right now, and there are a lot of teams that could give us the quality big man that we need, in exchange for Baron. We have so much young talent at guard anyway, its time to hand the reins to Monta and see if he an lead a team. I think shopping Harrington around would be a good idea, too.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #6
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dealing Baron is a good Idea and i think getting a big like Brand back is exactly what returns we're looking for... maybe go after Jamison again? he would fit great
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe/Bynum/Gasol
Baron can opt out.
And from what im reading he could go to either LA team.
Id rather have Baron then Arenas.

Baron with the Lakers?

I have no idea how he could ever fit in the triangle.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Yeah, and I'm sure he didn't see a 48 or 49 win team missing the playoffs, either, but you must have, huh? This WAS a playoff team, they just f*cked themselves in the Denver game.

During a radio interview at the beginning of the season when this team started 0-6, Nellie even said it himself that they may need 50 wins to get into the playoffs so from that interview and to answer your question.....YES. I had a feeling that 48 wasn't going to do it.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
TB3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TB3 has an OK reputation so far

I agree with BAS, I don't think Golden State will become anything more than a 7-8 seed in the West unless they make a big deal. Davis-Brand gives the Warriors someone that can bang with the best of them in the West, but I don't think the Clippers would do the trade. I think they are going to go into rebuilding mode, as their chances of hitting the playoffs are very doubtful.
TB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Very doubtful we make the playoffs next year.

The Clippers and Blazers could be significantly better than last year, which is going to make landing a 7th or 8th seed crazy difficult next season.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
I think trading Baron while he is still in his prime would be a good idea. I consider him a top 5 PG in the nba right now, and there are a lot of teams that could give us the quality big man that we need, in exchange for Baron. We have so much young talent at guard anyway, its time to hand the reins to Monta and see if he an lead a team. I think shopping Harrington around would be a good idea, too.

Yes, and yes.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
lakeshowdawg
I airball my layups

lakeshowdawg has an OK reputation so far

Do you think Nellie will return to the Warriors next year? There is a report from AP that he's debating whether he will return or not: http://www.norcalbasketball.com/showthread.php?tid=250
lakeshowdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #13
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

i heard about this trade rumor: baron davis for shawn marion????does any1 know about this??
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
meanmonster
I brick open layups

meanmonster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
i heard about this trade rumor: baron davis for shawn marion????does any1 know about this??

What is your source? And no...havent heard.

I agree with previous posts about the Warriors. They need to make some moves. It does them no good though to make moves if guys they get are going to rot on the bench (i.e. Brandan Wright & Marco Bellinelli).
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #15
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmonster
What is your source? And no...havent heard.

I agree with previous posts about the Warriors. They need to make some moves. It does them no good though to make moves if guys they get are going to rot on the bench (i.e. Brandan Wright & Marco Bellinelli).
hey my bad, it aint a trade rumor, but hear is the source:

http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/...2/m/5900012955
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: