Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Shawn Marion

I just got him in one of my leagues. Seems like people are getting a bit low on him right now (and for relatively good reason). I know his scoring numbers are down a lot, but he's still getting the stuff that he's known for, right? His rebounding, steals and blocks are all up there right now. He is shooting bad percentages right now and hasn't had the treys ever since he arrived in Miami, but are those legitimate concerns?

Anyways, the trade I made was Kevin Durant and Charlie Villanueva for Shawn Marion. I still think I won this trade (I believe I got Durant in the 4th round and he's been inconsistent as well this season), but I guess it remains to be seen. Thoughts?
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Shawn Marion

I predicted Marion to finish outside top 30 in one of these threads on ISH, and I still believe that, I think KD and Marion finish close, with Marion getting a slight edge. If CV starts the rest of the yr, i don't like the deal much for you. But if he's benched he's essentially FA, so you'd win in that case.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
runningdonut
I airball my layups

runningdonut has an OK reputation so far

It was a good deal for you. Marion's value dropped a bit as he's sharing the scoring and ast with Wade now. All of the defensive numbers will be there. He helps your team more so long as you've got other scorers around him.
runningdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Durant has similar value to Marion right now. CV is a throw in, he's waiver material in most leagues and the guy you grabbed off waivers is just as good or better at this point. Marion's value for the rest of the year will probably be most dependent on whether he's dealt to another team or not.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: