Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Default Todays Rumor w/Golden State…

Just heard now on 1270 WXYT AM (97.1FM) a trade deal involving:

Baron Davis
Al Harrington

for

Chauncey Billups
Rasheed Wallace

Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Todays Rumor w/Golden State…

Somewhat interesting, but the problem with Harrington is he's another 6'9" guy. Nice player but who is going to defend the centers of the league? We don't need another 6'9" PF on our team. Baron is an upgrade in some areas but that is probably going to limit Stuckey's minutes which is the last thing we need. There are two areas we need to address (as I've said a million times) a back up SF and C. We've got McDyess, Johnson, Maxiell, and Sheed if we don't trade Sheed at PF. We've got good gaurds in Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince. We have a good SF in Prince. Am I the only one in the world that sees the immediate holes the team has? Isn't one of the hugest reasons Boston won it all this year because of their interior defense and rebounding? I just don't see how Baron & Harrington help us out with that.

At first I was thinking Camby would be a great fit, but I didn't realize he was 34. He would be a good fit for a year or two if he stayed healthy but that does nothing for us with all our good young players. Obviously, Carmello isn't going anywhere. We can get a back up SF either through free agency with the MLE or through the draft. Anybody have any ideas for addressing the center issue? Again, I'm back to moving up in the draft.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Getting a little younger but losing skill is what I believe. And since we probably have the best chance to win it all soon, I'd say this is a bad deal. I Don't see davis being a leader on the floor
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

billups+sheed have 7 combined all star appearances. davis has 2, 0 for harrington
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

Let's be fair though, if Billups played in the West he may have a couple less all-star appearances. If Baron played in the East his entire career he could have 7 on his own. Where they lose out on this trade is Sheed. Sheed is able to play defense on centers in the league. The Pistons need length. Trading big for small generally hurts the team getting the small.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

It sounds like this whole deal is a bunch of hog wash…

The source is questionable and just seems absurd from the perspective of the Pistons… I cannot see getting rid of Billips AND Sheed for Baron Davis, of whom which Rodney Stuckey's game is reminiscent of, and an above average role player in Harrington.

LOL
It seems that there is a new rumor every day!
Maybe tomorrow there will be some ludicrous offer with the Miami Heat involving the number 2 pick
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

Go to the Heat forum, I think there already may be. Again there's nothing the Pistons can do with that because they don't necessarily need Beasley. Getting into the lottery and getting a big guy may not be a bad thing though, I'm just not sure how it happens. I think if we see trades tomorrow, they will probably be ones we haven't heard of.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
If Baron played in the East his entire career he could have 7 on his own. Where they lose out on this trade is Sheed. Sheed is able to play defense on centers in the league. The Pistons need length. Trading big for small generally hurts the team getting the small.
well he was in the east for 5 of his his 9 career years. I do agree that where the pistons lose is trading sheed for harrington. and I dont think that baron is better for the pistons than billups, though I do think hes a better player.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:03 AM   #9
final.wrath
Banned

remember to be mindful of the salary situations, harrington and baron are both expirers
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

That's fine, what are we going to do with that though? Are we going to be the next team to jump in the race for Lebron & Wade?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
billups+sheed have 7 combined all star appearances. davis has 2, 0 for harrington
youre basically comparing the west to east...if sheed and billups were in the west they wouldnt make the all star team...

Billups < Nash, AI, Kobe, T-Mac,CP3, Deron

Shedd < Duncan, Amar, Boozer, Dirk,
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: