Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Bioware has betrayed us folks. I may get my money back and not buy. Apparently all 7 endings are shit. No such thing as happy ending... All bad and worse. Not gonna give spoilers, details but to put so much time into these games since 07 and have it end like shit.. Really sucks bad.

This was leaked by a script and people who have game. I understand war has no happy ending but does it have to be that depressing? It's ****ing Shepard we are talking about. Let me just say one thing. You better have both a Paragon and Renegade save file because Renegade for example will NOT have access to the Paragon endings.

If this is not a legit leak.... then forget this rant... but I'm truly worried about it after putting so much into this series.

One ray of light is that one of the first reviewers of the game said.....

"No loose ends or cliffhangers, this game is truly an appropriate end to the trilogy with a very touching and intense finale".
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 03-01-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

I imagine they'll use DLC as a way to "further" an ending that'll satisfy fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    I imagine they'll use DLC as a way to "further" an ending that'll satisfy fans.
    Which is unfair. Why charge when they could of simply written the fu**ing DLC in. All I know is on the Bioware forum... the thread of them ripping Bioware for this leak is now almost 210 pages. Bioware is going to lose thousands of fans if they don't address this immediately. Many people are canceling their orders.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 03-01-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Fiasco I think you were right all along about Bioware selling out . Before sh*tty EA bought them... they would of never shafted fans like this and had such a bad plot/game in Dragon Age 2 (in eyes of most people although I liked it mostly). It's crazy how once a big company like EA gets a hold of a company.. how they stop listening to fans as much... and it becomes all about the money.

Casey promised a "happy" ending as recent as this week.. yet MULTIPLE people that have played the game said a happy ending doesn't exist and even "bittersweet" is too kind of a word for all the endings.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 03-01-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Banned

Well that kinda makes sense. I mean, how else could ME3 deliver an "ultimate ending" if Shepard doesn't die in the end? If he were still alive, it would leave room open for more speculation and desire for another sequel (which they aren't going to do).

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

My body is ready for this game.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

If GTA 5 comes out this year, this game literally has zero chance of winning goty.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

lol grown men crying that there isn't a "happy" ending? THE FCUK?????

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    lol grown men crying that there isn't a "happy" ending? THE FCUK?????
    If you knew the 7 endings like I do.. you'd understand bro. Nobody expects a happy fantasy ending... but give us SOMETHING.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Tell me how Empire Strikes back was compared to New Hope and Return of the Jedi?
    Easily the best one. I would neg you for this.

I have no comment on the rest of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Easily the best one. I would neg you for this.

I have no comment on the rest of this thread.
    My point was... part 2 of trilogies are usually bridges. They aren't going to be the strongest in the way of plot. If you don't like that example look at LOTR where in Two Towers it was about getting reinforcements and preparing for final battle (just like Mass Effect 2). It was no doubt the least plot rich movie of the trilogy.

Watching now. I'm going to buy this game no matter what due to my attachment to the characters.. If the endings are as bad as they say though I will never buy another Bioware product.

God that trailer is epic...

Wow... IGN has strong words about Mass Effect 3.

"Mass Effect 3 has its own minor problems -- occasional framerate chugs, some texture loading issues, and other minor technical hiccups -- but nothing that holds it back from greatness.

Mass Effect 3 marks the culmination of the most engrossing, engaging and entertaining story ever told in gaming's winding history. And I can't wait to deliver my final verdict on the game next week.

But perhaps more importantly, I can't wait for you to get your hands on it to see how much of an accomplishment the realization of the entirety of the trilogy truly is."

I'd have to agree. Mass Effect is the best gaming story I have ever been a part of.