Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default If you were rich, would you pretend to be ordinary?

I know you would like to go living high society and all of that and have sex with a lot of hot models if you were super rich...

but when it came down to finding THE ONE, would you pretend to be an ordinary guy and not tell people you are rich? I mean if someone loves you for you, then that's all that matters right?

of course, she would find out about you sooner or later and can either suddenly shift into gold dig mode or complain about "secrets and lies."

but anyway, pretend that second part won't happen. would you pretend to be ordinary?

hell if I were rich, yeah I would try that if I were single.

Default Re: If you were rich, would you pretend to be ordinary?

my lamborghini will just rott in my garage...

hmmm...

I think i would in certain aspects. I wouldnt go out and buy like 50 different cars, thats for sure. I think the only thing i would want is a massive supply of good clothes.

Its hard to say though, fortune changes people.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Women follow the money. Therefore if you were really that rich, it's most likely that someone would know. Therefore, the way i'd feel is that I might as well just be straight up honest from the start.

I think a rich man would have some real problems finding a woman for a serious relationship. There's no real way of telling if they like you for who you are as a person, or for your gobs of money

Rich people can get all the booty they want. However, they prob. struggle more so with relationships than the average person.

I would pretend to be "ordinary" in retaliation for all the "ordinaries" who pretend to be rich.

Even if I am rich I am still ordinary. With that being said there is nothing wrong with usng wealth to woo a woman. Shivelry died because its too expensive to be that way however I would enjoy being outlandish and making obscene gestures to get a broad too much to tone it down. Its like if you were superman in a 100 meter sprint at what point would your competetiveness and knowledge that you could run it one sec or whatever make you use yoru powers?

College star

seeing as how ive never been rich, but i only buy stuff i need

i probably wouldnt buy 4-5 cars like another poster said, but i wouldnt be stingy with money either, hell i earned it, i'm probably going to enjoy it somehow

Fully. I would buys slightly better things. It would look as though I've earned it instead of winning it. IE:

- I would drive a Compass instead of my Focus
    - I would buy a 3 bedroom home instead of living in my 2 bedroom apartment
    - Have a small summer cottage instead of going on my 2 week summer getaways.

Just look alittle more comfortable and have a gradual build up. Thing is, when you have more money, more people want a peice. I've even noticed that just making more money than friends. Don't get me wrong, it's not like my friend are rgeedy. Just the way things are.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by gb8
    Even if I am rich I am still ordinary. With that being said there is nothing wrong with usng wealth to woo a woman. Shivelry died because its too expensive to be that way however I would enjoy being outlandish and making obscene gestures to get a broad too much to tone it down. Its like if you were superman in a 100 meter sprint at what point would your competetiveness and knowledge that you could run it one sec or whatever make you use yoru powers?
    Shivelry died because women killed it...

NBA rookie of the year

thank god shivelry died and chivalry still works. I was getting scared for a moment

I took a really cold shower last night and when I got out, I was all shivelry!

NBA rookie of the year

I can't help but think of Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America" when he was an African Prince who came to America to find his bride and ended up working at McDonald's, ahem, McDowell's LOL

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

I would most likely be ordinary. Think about it, women seem to love a down to earth guy, not one who brags about their wealth (the mature ones, at least). But of course, I would still likely go out, have a good time, drive a good car, but when It came down to when I think I found The One, I would do everything in my power to try at act "ordinary" and down to earth.