Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 02-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default J.R. Should Start

All this month he's really shown how good he can be. I say move Iverson back to the 1 and start J.R. at the 2, but regardless of if he starts, he deserves 30+ minutes a game. If we give him that, he can develop into a superstar not to mention the fact that he's already dominating...

GIVE JR MORE MINUTES!
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
patigree
Decent playground baller

patigree has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: J.R. Should Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
All this month he's really shown how good he can be. I say move Iverson back to the 1 and start J.R. at the 2, but regardless of if he starts, he deserves 30+ minutes a game. If we give him that, he can develop into a superstar not to mention the fact that he's already dominating...

GIVE JR MORE MINUTES!
last time i said that some1 called me a moron....
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

J.R. Should be starting, he is really good and young enough to play big minutes and develop. I say not starting him could shake his confidence. He is one of the better shooters in the L and is one of the best dunkers in the NBA
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
meloshow
Can barely lace up my sneakers

meloshow has an OK reputation so far

no ****in way. Our bench scoring is as weak as **** anyway so why put the biggest part of that in the starting lineup when he is the streakiest player in the league?
meloshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
koichiii
I airball my layups

koichiii has an OK reputation so far

JR Smith can be on fire from the 3pt line. He showed that several times this year. But he has too much confidence in his shot. He takes too many 3pt shots, and often bad shots selection (like Antoine Walker in Boston). His defense is bad and he makes bad decision. That's the reason he's not starting.
koichiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I don't think J.R. should start, but I think if you are looking to go to your bench I think he would be the first choice. Since Kleiza has been lacking on both sides of the basketball. Kleiza is in an offensive struggle and defensively he has been one step behind. J.R. has that first quick step to the basket and a good range when shooting three's.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

jr smith should without a doubt be a starter on this team

limiting the game of an impact player strictly for personal reasons is a horrible coaching move-

jr starting would allow the ability of the quick hook if things arent going well and he would still be able to comeback again- especially now with chucky atkins coming back as a perfect "relief pitcher"

iverson also needs to mature a bit and be a little more of a lead gaurd and think team- he needs to allow jr to assume more of that gunner role, - both ai and jr are special when in the "share mode" or when they are scoring, they need to play together and learn to feed off each other

asking carter or even atkins to do more than they have to tdo is foolish when they could both be great at their jobs as 7th and 11th man

it is so sad that g karl has pitched so much of this season for such pety reasons. what a loser- after all these years he is still unable to avoid these type of personal fights

a iverson
jr smith
carmelo
k-mart
camby

nene
atkins
klieza
najera

ac
yakouba
steven hunter

how hard is that?

i am mad that us nug fans do not really get to see our team
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I had been thinking the same thing, that J.R. isn't starting just because Karl doesn't like his attitude, IMO the best players should be on the floor as much as possible regardless of what they do off the court. Karl makes me mad, especially his stupid comments during games

"WELL GENTLEMEN, IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOU JUST DONT WANT TO RUN!"

I mean, does he think that they just don't feel like running? I guess he's trying to motivate them but the team never seems to play better when he gets all *****y like that, especially when you listen to what other coaches say during timeouts, things like "watch that pick and roll on the weakside, we need somebody to roll over to the block when that happens" or other strategic things like that, but Karl just insults the players and says they're not trying hard enough, pretty obnoxious...
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
MELO_MAN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MELO_MAN has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Yeah I had been thinking the same thing, that J.R. isn't starting just because Karl doesn't like his attitude, IMO the best players should be on the floor as much as possible regardless of what they do off the court. Karl makes me mad, especially his stupid comments during games

"WELL GENTLEMEN, IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOU JUST DONT WANT TO RUN!"

I mean, does he think that they just don't feel like running? I guess he's trying to motivate them but the team never seems to play better when he gets all *****y like that, especially when you listen to what other coaches say during timeouts, things like "watch that pick and roll on the weakside, we need somebody to roll over to the block when that happens" or other strategic things like that, but Karl just insults the players and says they're not trying hard enough, pretty obnoxious...

I agree.He could be one of the best 3-pointers in the league if he gets the chance.But he's lazy player.He needs to show that he really wants to start and be more aggressive when he gets some minutes.
MELO_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: