Default Pistons 2017 summer league roster

The Detroit Pistons announced today that the club will participate in the 2017 Mountain Dew Orlando Pro Summer League which will be held at the Amway Center's practice court in Orlando, FL. The league will feature eight teams and will run from July 1-6 with a championship day slated for the final day.

Current Pistons

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2017 summer league roster

Kennard played well yesterday.

NBA lottery pick

Ellenson is dominating today. If he doesn't get on the floor far more this season I'm going to be really upset. For a team that needs scoring and better shooting to leave that on the bench is ridiculous.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Ellenson has been so impressive the entire Summer League (especially today). His post moves look crafty and effective, he never rushes. His outside and mid-range game looks very smooth for a 6-11 dude. He looks great in the pick and roll scenario where he sets the screen and rolls out for an open look from three.

Have been very impressed with Kennard as well. He looks like he understands the game of basketball at a very high level. Very high Bball IQ. And his shot looks like it could be cash money from the very start.

Have been impressed with Moreland as well. He has shown more this summer league than Whiteside ever did and look at him now! ha. Similar situation as well as he has been around a while.

Pierre Jackson is nice - but no room for him really on our roster unless we move Ish.

Still unsure what to make of Gbinije -

NBA lottery pick

I'd say Gbinije is about done in the NBA. If you can't take over a summer league game after a few years in the league then you're just not going to get good enough.

Jackson has played well. He's too small for the NBA though. He's no Isiah Thomas lol.

Kennard definitely has some promise. We need him to be a little more consistent with his outside shot still.

I still worry they will use Ellenson's defense as a reason to not play him. He definitely deserves to crack the rotation. He's scoring so easily inside and outside. At his size and the moves he has to score he's going to be tough for NBA guys to defend. I would think at this point Ellenson has more potential to reach an all-star game than Johnson does.

Kennard shooting 44.4% from three point range over 4 summer league games. I would say that qualifies as being consistent!! lol...

44.4% would place him at #2 in the league after Korver based on last year.

NBA lottery pick

He was 1 for 5 yesterday.

Come on dude don't be a hater - if you are analyzing a player based on one game and bringing him down, that's just dumb?

He had 4 good games from deep and 1 bad game from deep - being good / great in 4 out of 5 games is pretty damn good / consistent man.

He finished 11 from 21 from deep - over 50% shooting over a 5 game stretch.

That is pretty damn consistent...

I love his foot work

If we need more $$ to sign KCP (which we actually might not need due to the dry market) I would now be happy trading Ish Smith to free up that $$ and sign Pierre Jackson. I think he can do similar things to Ish -

I would assume Galloway would probably come off the bench as a PG anyway, as we have Stanley and Kennard who can play the 2-guard. So Ish's role would be reduced.

Pierre has looked real good hey,

NBA lottery pick

Eric Moreland got signed. I'm all for the G-League stars. I've said that before. Not really sure about the 3rd teamers though. He'll probably mostly be in the G-league anyhow. Dre and Boban will be playing the majority of the minutes at C. I'm sure it was just their most affordable option to fill that spot.

Remember Boban's final few games last year - monster! ha. Pretty sure was because the rest of the league just shut it down whilst we were still playing hard for the 10 seed!....

His average over his last 4 games:

16 points per game
    10 rebounds per game
    63% FG
    23 minutes per game

NBA lottery pick

I think he probably would be close to a double double guy if he was a starter with consistent minutes. Not sure he could shoot over 60% from the field though lol. Definitely better than people give him credit for at least.

NBA lottery pick

Kennard is third on the rookie ladder for summer league right now. He played better than I expected him to. Tatum is killing it. He's making the Celtics look smart for trading that pick.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/0...pressive-start

Well as long as he has a better career than Mitchell I will be at piece with drafting him at #12 haha....