Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Josh Childress Might Be A Bust In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    UNC would dominate the Israeli league if Maccabi TA wasn't in it with Hansbrough being the best player there.

This will probably get me banned.

American jews playing basketball is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    American jews playing basketball is hilarious
    They are still more skilled than their Israeli counterparts. The team at the Temple Emannuel in my hometown could beat Maccabi TA in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    They are still more skilled than their Israeli counterparts. The team at the Temple Emannuel in my hometown could beat Maccabi TA in a 7 game series.

You are sleeping on the Unified Interfaith League of Metro Miami Fl. The league has sponsors like Mike's Express Oil Lube and Patty's Midnight Crabshack.

Back on topic: Can someone give me a scouting report on Nemandja Aleksandrov, and an update on Boki Nachbar.

You are sleeping on the Unified Interfaith League of Metro Miami Fl. The league has sponsors like Mike's Express Oil Lube and Patty's Midnight Crabshack.

Back on topic: Can someone give me a scouting report on Nemandja Aleksandrov, and an update on Boki Nachbar.
    He's a serb, but how does that relate to Josh Childress

He's a serb, but how does that relate to Josh Childress
    This thread should be hijacked by a more interesting player. Josh is a borderline basketball talent. Terrence Morris is a better player. So is Pete Mikeal.

Josh is going to score 6 points on horrible shooting, grab 5 boards, net 2 assists, and turnover the ball 4 times when Olympiacos plays Unicaja.

This thread should be hijacked by a more interesting player. Josh is a borderline basketball talent. Terrence Morris is a better player. So is Pete Mikeal.

Josh is going to score 6 points on horrible shooting, grab 5 boards, net 2 assists, and turnover the ball 4 times when Olympiacos plays Unicaja.
    I think Josh Childress will be just fine, he'll average slightly under 11 ppg for the season. At minimum Olympiacos should reach the final four, and are a contender to win the championship. Josh Childress will be a part of Olympiacos success.

I think it's the different european style of basketball that's giving josh problems...In Europe, it's all about the fundamentals(finding the open team mate, hitting the open shot, finding cutting team mates, etc...) while in the NBA, teams rely more on isolation plays and plays that benefit athleticism. There are only a few NBA teams who stick to fundamentals nowadays(detroit, spurs, lakers, maybe the celtics). A lot of NBA teams are adapting the run and gun offense. Childress was a LITTLE more succesful in the NBA because of his athleticism. He's struggling in europe because he doesn't have a well enough grasp of their style of basketball(he MIGHT learn overtime). IMO, he is overpaid, he should have stayed in the NBA. The NBA is definitely a WAY more talented league but in terms of basketball IQ and team work, the Euroleague just might have the edge...

I am an nba fan as proven by my lakers avatar by the way, Im just trying to state what I observed through the years of watchin basketball.

Saw a basketball once

from what I see, 9.8 PPG in 27.1 MPG is pretty close to 11.2 PPG in 29.9 MPG... but I never thought Childress was that great anyways. Obviously he is a solid player, but that's all he is. He's not expected to be a Superstar.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker09
    I think it's the different european style of basketball that's giving josh problems...In Europe, it's all about the fundamentals(finding the open team mate, hitting the open shot, finding cutting team mates, etc...) while in the NBA, teams rely more on isolation plays and plays that benefit athleticism. There are only a few NBA teams who stick to fundamentals nowadays(detroit, spurs, lakers, maybe the celtics). A lot of NBA teams are adapting the run and gun offense. Childress was a LITTLE more succesful in the NBA because of his athleticism. He's struggling in europe because he doesn't have a well enough grasp of their style of basketball(he MIGHT learn overtime). IMO, he is overpaid, he should have stayed in the NBA. The NBA is definitely a WAY more talented league but in terms of basketball IQ and team work, the Euroleague just might have the edge...

I am an nba fan as proven by my lakers avatar by the way, Im just trying to state what I observed through the years of watchin basketball.
    Very good point,I agree with you,only in my case I am a euroleague fan for exactly the same reasons you mention.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

7 pts (3/10 FG), 7 rbs, 3 ass, 3 TO

Pretty close I'd say

Considering how much he is (over)paid he is a bust. If he was paid according to his real value he would be a damn good Euroleague player.

Learning to shoot layups

Childress is way overpaid! And having that in mind, ant that is most important non-playing category in Europe, some can say he is a bust. If u ask me, I` can thing of more than ten player I`d rather have in my team than him. And they would all be much cheaper.

ouch