Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 AM   #31
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Your Basketball New Years Resolution for 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
- Decrease my turnovers. (i lost 2.8 balls per game, for a PG that's not cool).

That's 0.8 balls more than you have.

Nah, just playin'. But then you sound like a pretty hustle guy. That's awesome.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #32
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
That's 0.8 balls more than you have.

Nah, just playin'. But then you sound like a pretty hustle guy. That's awesome.

I lol'd, nice one ahaha
I have to put my game in another level, and to do that i have to improve details, the little things that make this game so good.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #33
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
- Go to lift something 3 times a week (i supposed to do that since the beginning of the season, but i don't like it, so i just go once a week)

- Improving my mid range shooting, (it's stupid i got nice % from downtown and in the paint .. but my mide range it's horrible in game.)

- Trying to get more rebounds (I'm averaging now 3.4 per game, and i'm a 5'9 PG .. but i think i've to improve).

- Decrease my turnovers. (i lost 2.8 balls per game, for a PG that's not cool).

- Increase my points, and steal averaging. (I'm 3rd amongst PG with 16.9 per game, and 2nd overall in steals with 2.9 per game.

- Get my team mates more focused in game. (That's a responsibility for the PG).

I think 2.8 Turnovers is pretty good, considering you are the PG and the ball is in your hands a lot. You figure once in a while your passes will get picked off or that 1 time you sleep on 2 defenders and get trapped.

getting your rebound #s up might be a challenge unless you are going to put yourself in the paint more, and push your big men out to the perimeter.

I second you improving your midrange; just because midrange is my game, whether it's off the dribble, turnaround catch and shoot, step back, side step, up and under, fadeaway. I love the midrange. It's very under-appreciated.

You seem really worried about your stats, you shouldn't be. Keep racking up those trophies and Ws
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #34
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
I think 2.8 Turnovers is pretty good, considering you are the PG and the ball is in your hands a lot. You figure once in a while your passes will get picked off or that 1 time you sleep on 2 defenders and get trapped.

getting your rebound #s up might be a challenge unless you are going to put yourself in the paint more, and push your big men out to the perimeter.

I second you improving your midrange; just because midrange is my game, whether it's off the dribble, turnaround catch and shoot, step back, side step, up and under, fadeaway. I love the midrange. It's very under-appreciated.

You seem really worried about your stats, you shouldn't be. Keep racking up those trophies and Ws

Most of my TO's are in the pick and rolls cause my team mates pick but doesn't roll to the open space so the other team always double me cause of my long range and "being a star" (althought i don't consider me a star).
Rebounding is a thing to improve cause most of the times i don't even get in rebound fight .
Yep, i'm always worried about my stats cause it's an important thing to go play outside Portugal .. when i was 15 i could went to Spain but i decline and now i'm trying to go play somewhere .. it's a possibility going to a high school in US in the next semester .. but no one give me infos about that high school.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 AM   #35
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

little late but,

I want to improve my
vertical until I can dunk easily
overall body strength (main focus is core strength)
balance
flexibility
grip strength

And I want to be a consistent shooter from 3 and shoot at least 90% from the free throw line on any given day.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 AM   #36
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Most of my TO's are in the pick and rolls cause my team mates pick but doesn't roll to the open space so the other team always double me cause of my long range and "being a star" (althought i don't consider me a star).
Rebounding is a thing to improve cause most of the times i don't even get in rebound fight .
Yep, i'm always worried about my stats cause it's an important thing to go play outside Portugal .. when i was 15 i could went to Spain but i decline and now i'm trying to go play somewhere .. it's a possibility going to a high school in US in the next semester .. but no one give me infos about that high school.

it sucks that no one will help you bro. What state are you planning to go to? And what is your ultimate goal, high school/college/professional?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #37
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
it sucks that no one will help you bro. What state are you planning to go to? And what is your ultimate goal, high school/college/professional?

Got a invite to play in Life Center Academy High School in New Jersey, it's a good high school from what some people here said.
My agent said that i could play in a average DIV-1 college team and one college in US (New York) told to him that was interested of see me playing. (but i don't know what was).
Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #38
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Got a invite to play in Life Center Academy High School in New Jersey, it's a good high school from what some people here said.
My agent said that i could play in a average DIV-1 college team and one college in US (New York) told to him that was interested of see me playing. (but i don't know what was).

I'd go to the high school if I were you, need to make a name for yourself if you want to play division 1 basketball. Good luck bro.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #39
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
1. dunk more often in game situations
if achieved

2. dunk on someone

Can cross the first one off the list
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #40
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I'd go to the high school if I were you, need to make a name for yourself if you want to play division 1 basketball. Good luck bro.

Yep, i'm thinking that too .
It's hard to go to a new country with anybody but ... let's see.
Thanks bro
Old 01-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #41
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yep, i'm thinking that too .
It's hard to go to a new country with anybody but ... let's see.
Thanks bro

Yeah going through the HS would probably suit you best. Unless you think you've learned all that you can from that level of game. Then you may be able to play in an above average D-I school. It's good that you have the oppertunity though, good luck in your endevars.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #42
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Yeah going through the HS would probably suit you best. Unless you think you've learned all that you can from that level of game. Then you may be able to play in an above average D-I school. It's good that you have the oppertunity though, good luck in your endevars.

I played many international matches for Portugal and with 19 i've already played 2 years at pro level (not a lot of minutes), I don't know, but i think high school would be the best for me
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #43
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I played many international matches for Portugal and with 19 i've already played 2 years at pro level (not a lot of minutes), I don't know, but i think high school would be the best for me

High school would be a great choice because then you can get used to the American style of play, which is more physical, faster and individual-based than international basketball. That way, once you adapt, you can dominate the college scene after feeling comfortable.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: