Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The only sport I excelled in as a youth is soccer...that's why it's a joke.

They probably had you playing with girls

what were you thinking when you wore those female sunglasses in public

Default Re: The only sport I excelled in as a youth is soccer...that's why it's a joke.

Of course it's easier in the youth leagues. Goal stays the same size, but the GK is smaller. Same for CBs. So it's easier to get in the penalty area and then of course to score. That is unless you play on smaller goals in youth leagues in the US, which would be stupid, kinda.

5-time NBA All-Star

Horrible reasoning. Soccer at even the backup collegiate level is incredibly intimidating in terms of pace, precision, the spacing, the intelligence of all the players, the level of footwork, their reflexes. They're just enhanced in every way.

Sure it's piece of cake up until Grade 10 or so but then there's MUCH less margin for error.

If you want to get closer to God, you're going to have to annihilate the self, stalker4life.

There's a LOT of self inside you (and me). It may take a lot of meditation. Why don't you take a hike up in the woods with your family one day and just breathe and enjoy life. Yaknow heal yourself.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 04-15-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Decent playground baller

OP, this was simply because you were held back 3 grades and played against younger uncoordinated children.

NBA Superstar

i hope u were a lot thinner in your soccer days dude. soccer usually takes nimbleness to score and shit.

to soccers credit its not like basketball where being some half coordinated giant oaf can get you $10mill/year. feet coordination is a less common learned ability unlike shooting hoops or hitting stuff with a stick.

My parents would give me $5 per goal every game, but they capped it at 3 goals. I would get my 3 goals every game and then play defense. I did private lessons with a professional player from the Canadian national team, so I was very skilled. I told my parents I wanted to go pro up until I started playing basketball when I was 13, then I abandoned soccer for the superior sport.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    My parents would give me $5 per goal every game, but they capped it at 3 goals. I would get my 3 goals every game and then play defense. I did private lessons with a professional player from the Canadian national team, so I was very skilled. I told my parents I wanted to go pro up until I started playing basketball when I was 13, then I abandoned soccer for the superior sport.

I usually hit open layups GOATbrook's Avatar

Only inteligent players can survive in football (it's ****ing football, it's played with foot and not with hands).