Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Draft

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Draft

wow I expected portland to pick Barnes or Drummond oh well..

Saw a basketball once

I kinda thought they may take Barnes as well at the time. Suprised to see him there when the Blazers picked.

But they desperatly need a point guard of the future so Lillard is the pick. Never saw him play in college. So I don't know much about him. Hear he's a scoring point guard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'm happy with the results. For a second I got excited thinking the Kings would pass on Thomas Robinson since they have Cousins, but Lillard is the best IMO of what we could have got. When I first heard his name a few weeks back, I was scared we would take him simply because he is a point and not because he was best available, but since then I have heard nothing about how awesome he is. There were rumors that he was the best guy we have worked out since Durant, and he is unselfish even though he scored like crazy. I actually got worried we would take Drummond, because his own college coach and a teammate criticized his work ethic and the said he would take at least 5 years to be decent. That means he would be up for a contract extension before we ever would get to see what he would turn out to be.

I'm hearing Meyers Leanard is Joel Przybilla 2.0 with more offensive upside. Hopefully Joel could teach him a few tricks before he retires.

Also, selecting Barnes would likely mean he is Batum's replacement, and although he would be a nice SF, it really wouldn't improve our team because we would still be with more holes in the roster.
    Last edited by Myth; 06-29-2012 at 02:46 AM.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Joel Przybilla 2.0 is just about the worst comparison I've ever heard for Leonard. Just because they're both white and centers doesn't mean their similar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Joel Przybilla 2.0 is just about the worst comparison I've ever heard for Leonard. Just because they're both white and centers doesn't mean their similar.
    I didn't come up with it, it is just something I have heard multiple times. I heard he was a good shot blocker, decent overall defender, but clumsy as hell on offense. That also sounds like Joel, but as I said, not really my comparison. I'd love to hear your take on him.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

I posted my mock draft on nbadraft.net. I only got 5 of the lottery picks correct. I got both the Blazers' picks correct. I'm excited about Lillard....but won't let myself get TOO excited, since I was REALLY excited when we got Jerryd Bayless over Russell Westbrook in the draft. One of they guys who I work with is a huge Illinois fan and really likes Meyers Leonard, but thinks he made a mistake coming out early, but understood why he did, between the coaching situation there and his family situation. Leonard actually came right out and announced that one of the reasons that he was declaring was so that he could help his brother go to college and so his brother could get out of the Army and not have to deploy to Afghanistan. I'm happy that we got Will Barton in the second round. However, I was hoping to get Kim English or Robert Sacre as well....just saw that we traded Tyshawn Taylor to Brooklyn for cash considerations.

Decent playground baller tedloc's Avatar