Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

A History Of Greece

The Greek National Team tours the USA playing the Tarheels, and the Tarheels with Michael Jordan and Sam Perkins visit Athens to win a tournament there. But the key to Greece's success is ex-Seton Hall Greek-American guard Nikos Galis, an unstoppable scorer in college who continues his amazing play in the Greek basketball league. Galis, considered Greece's Michael Jordan, burned the UNC Tarheels for 50 points in an exhibition game in Chapel Hill.

Meeting Michael Jordan

The year 1982, is remembered by Greek basketball fans as the year when two legends of the game met in the same arena.
    Greece faced the UNC Tar Heels (North Carolina College) of Michael Jordan, in Sporting's arena.

25 year old Galis, played just according to his standards, but that was more than enough for young Jordan (who dunked flying over the head of a Greek player in that game) to say about him: "I think he's superb, he's a complete basketball player". During the game MJ teased Galis saying: "You're bad", as Nick confessed later.

Galis and Jordan met again playing in an exhibition game for the "DIMITRIA" festival. Galis scored 50 points this time and Michael Jordan, totally stunned, said: "I really did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country".

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

Cool.

[COLOR="White"]But not really[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Heavincent; 11-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

50 points when you are weathered professional in your prime, during an exhibition game against 19 year old amateur kids? Unbelievable ball hogging and bad sportsmanship by Galis.

Jordan went on to lead the USA to the Olympic gold medal two years later, with a team that didn't even feature any of the best US players. Galis couldn't even lead Greece to an Olympic qualification.

Wow, did you really just start a whole new thread on your newly found discovery that steamed from this thread which I've already addressed?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=239456

One American coached player scored a 50 point game against another American coached player. Had Galis been a born and raised Greek player who scored 50 against Jordan, it might be worth getting excited about.

Someone long cat this nonsense.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Banned

So the American Nick Galis was good enough to score 50 on MJ, a feat also accomplished by the great Kobe? Too bad he decided to waste his prime dominating against scrubs in Europe rather than be brave and test himself against the world's best. Some people are just content being a blue whale in a small pond I suppose, still I'm happy for him that we gave him to Greece, I don't think he would have made team USA at the time, or ever

owwwww

No one cares about your shitty little league that is getting dominated by NBA role players right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

Banned

This is just epic

Repped!

Banned

I agree, Galis is better than Jordan.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

great thread would read again

Dunking on everybody in the park

Someone who likes to bitch about technicalities and small sample sizes using one game of a professional basketball player against an amateur that was still attending Sociology classes.