Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: If Cavs finish with 67-68 wins but fail to win the title..

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    i guess that being a top 20 player of all time is all hype
    Based on his NBA finals performance, he's overrated if you consider him a top 20 player of all time. That's what hype does. You can choke on the big stage but still be labeled "best basketball player in the league." Without the hype, Kobe is who the hater thought he was. Does a top 20 player of all time with one of the best teams in the NBA (remember, he won MVP because his team had one of the best records) allow his team to lose by 39 pts in a pivotal elimination game (when LeBron scored 40+ against the same Celts team in a game seven the round before)? If you hype someone to be the best, you better perform better in the same type of situation than your peers (LeBron). Of course, LeBron series numbers weren't spectacular against the Celts. At least he gave us a performance in that game seven that we never seen with Kobe in the finals (except for the minority of games). Did Kobe bail the Lakers out in game six? Losing by 39 pts with the best player in the league with one of the best teams suggest that hype > outcome (talk: he's the best player in the league > result: he's not even the best player in the finals series). Which is the career of Kobe Bryant. LeBron brought his A game in the last game of the conference finals. Kobe Bryant brought his hype in the final game of the NBA finals. At the end of the game, Kobe still gets a nod above LeBron based on hype.
    Last edited by c_az_a; 03-25-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Ha, this guy KobeRules24 is a clown.......the 57-13 cavs are overrated? What are they currently rated at now? #1 right? winning streaks, Lebron, and the best record in the league will do that....Lakers are right there with them

Any team that has only lost 13 games through 70 games is clearly not overrated. Like everyone said, they aren't exactly peoples' favorite to win it all, but they sure as hell could. I mean ****, you do know that playoff basketball intensity is a whole lot different than regular season right? Who's to say the Jazz, Spurs, Hornets, or Rockets can't knock off LA?

LA is my second home but I can't stand some of the fans there....Its Kobe 24/7 on their mind.....I really hope Lebron meets LA in the finals if they get there and beat LA......the excuses would be flying...

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Thanks for admitting it, the western conference is tougher.

Must be tough playing the clips 4x, Kings 4x, and Warriors 4x

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c_az_a
    Based on his NBA finals performance, he's overrated if you consider him a top 20 player of all time. That's what hype does. You can choke on the big stage but still be labeled "best basketball player in the league." Without the hype, Kobe is who the hater thought he was. Does a top 20 player of all time with one of the best teams in the NBA (remember, he won MVP because his team had one of the best records) allow his team to lose by 39 pts in a pivotal one and done game (when LeBron scored 40+ against the Celts in a game seven)?
    Kobe actually played better than lebron against the Celtics last season in the playoffs. lebron: 35fg% and it wouldn't had been worst if not for the game 7 performance. kobe has done enough in his career already to be a top 20 player of all time, only haters like you would say otherwise.

Kobe actually played better than lebron against the Celtics last season in the playoffs. lebron: 35fg% and it wouldn't had been worst if not for the game 7 performance. kobe has done enough in his career already to be a top 20 player of all time, only haters like you would say otherwise.
    Notice the bold text

NBA rookie of the year

If they lose to a team other than Boston or LA (or possibly SA depending on how well they're playing going into and in the playoffs), it can be said that they underachieved.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Must be tough playing the clips 4x, Kings 4x, and Warriors 4x
    must be tough playing the bucks, pacers, bobcats, knicks, raptors, bulls, wizards and new jersey 3 or 4 times a year while also playing the warriors, thunder, kings and clippers 2 times a year.... they get the best of 2 worlds

Quote Originally Posted by cdbleb
    Notice the bold text
    lebron has choked against good defensive teams this season, what's your point? i know who you are, you made a video (youtube) hating on kobe right after he scored 61 on MSG another hater exposed

must be tough playing the bucks, pacers, bobcats, knicks, raptors, bulls, wizards and new jersey 3 or 4 times a year while also playing the warriors, thunder, kings and clippers 2 times a year.... they get the best of 2 worlds
    The Cavs have the best winning percentage against Western Conference teams in the whole league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    The Cavs have the best winning percentage against Western Conference teams in the whole league.
    yep they also have a stellar 3-6 record against the top defensive teams of the league.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Its funny cause the lakers lost to many of those teams

But seriously your just an idiot if you discredit the cavs success based on their conference. Besides, i think the east is still beating the west in interconference play and the cavs have the best schedule against the west. Just hop off Kobe's d**k and admit that the Cavs are elite this year.

lebron has choked against good defensive teams this season, what's your point? i know who you are, you made a video (youtube) hating on kobe right after he scored 61 on MSG another hater exposed

Knowing who I am means nothing, yes I hate Kobe and I openly admit it...However you , KobeNPau (Looks like we arent as hidden as believed), have yet to admit you hate on LeBron but I exposed you there too...Proof anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...%3D4CrNRkyU9U0

This dude is KobeNPau, I am cdbleb3

Like I said multiple times I dont like Kobe...I admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Its funny cause the lakers lost to many of those teams

But seriously your just an idiot if you discredit the cavs success based on their conference. Besides, i think the east is still beating the west in interconference play and the cavs have the best schedule against the west. Just hop off Kobe's d**k and admit that the Cavs are elite this year.
    who said they weren't elite, i'm just saying the lakers are better... wouldn't you agree? ohh wait you're just a blind fan

Quote Originally Posted by cdbleb
    Knowing who I am means nothing, yes I hate Kobe and I openly admit it...However you , KobeNPau (Looks like we arent as hidden as believed), have yet to admit you hate on LeBron but I exposed you there too...Proof anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...%3D4CrNRkyU9U0

This dude is KobeNPau, I am cdbleb3

Like I said multiple times I dont like Kobe...I admit it!
    LMAO pathetic hater

Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

who said they aren't elite homer? i pointed out the truth, they can't beat great teams/good defensive teams consistently. they play bad teams a bunch of times, 9 teams under .500 in the east, only 6 over .500!!!! they are a good team but clearly overrated.
    sorry, but i HATE this arguement that a team has an inflated record because they play in a weaker conference. fact is, 58 out of 82 games are common for every team (29 other teams, 1 at home, 1 on the road against every other team). that leaves only 24 games that are un-common (so if the bulls play the bucks 4 times, 2 of those times are un-common, as everyone at least plays the bucks 2 times). this years 24 "un-common games" for the lakers:

away: denver, gs, houston, clippers, memphis, minnesota, new orleans, ok city, phoenix, portland, sac, san antonio

home: dallas, denver, gs, houston, la clippers, memphis, minnesota, new orleans, phoenix, portland, sacramento, utah

combined record so far of those teams in 24-uncommon games for the lakers: 778-917 (.459)

this years 24 "un-common cavs games"

away: atlanta, boston, chicago, detriot, indiana, miami, milwaukee, new jersey, ny knicks, orlando, phildelphia, wahsington
    home: atlanta, boston, toronto, philly, ny, milwaukee, miami, indiana, detriot, chicago, charlotte, washington

combined record so far of those teams in 24-uncommon games for the cavs: 822-874 (.485)

so actually the cavs schedule is harder overall than the lakers (based on all 82 games with today's records). sure, the cavs get to play the wizards, pacers, knicks, and bucks two more times than the lakers get to, but the lakers gett to play the kings, clippers, grizzlies, timberwolves two more times than the cavs get to. in the long run, its basically even anway as 58/82 games are the same.

i'm not saying the cavs are better or anything like that, but saying a team has a better record because they play in a different conference is weak. this isn't the NFL or MLB where a huge majority of your games are within your conference or league.