Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Conference USA was a powerhouse?

Honestly though, I do agree. With his athleticism the only games I'd even attempt to evaluate his standing as a prospect would be:

Dec 4 vs USC
    Dec 29 Arizona
    Feb 23 Tennessee

The rest of his game he'll be so far above his competition physical that he's likely to get by solely on his athleticism.
    Well, atleast when Bob Huggins and Cinci was good.

Banned

I love watching Rose play. I'm not sure how effective he'll be in the NBA, but he's so damn graceful. so coordinated and fluid in motion. he might be the most coordinated player ever.. anyone know what I mean?

he seems to be a great passer but that's based on very limited viewing. what college is he going to?

Banned

^^He plays at Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    I love watching Rose play. I'm not sure how effective he'll be in the NBA, but he's so damn graceful. so coordinated and fluid in motion. he might be the most coordinated player ever.. anyone know what I mean?

he seems to be a great passer but that's based on very limited viewing. what college is he going to?
    Love watching him play or love watching highlights? There's a big difference. I enjoy Stephon Marbury highlights...him as a player? Different story.

Banned

Love watching him play or love watching highlights? There's a big difference. I enjoy Stephon Marbury highlights...him as a player? Different story.
    true. I've only seen one game of his and it was an all star game. and everytime he touched the ball was a highlight.

but he definitely has some of the nicest HS highlights I've seen.

I'll check him out at Memphis and reevaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    true. I've only seen one game of his and it was an all star game. and everytime he touched the ball was a highlight.

but he definitely has some of the nicest HS highlights I've seen.

I'll check him out at Memphis and reevaluate.
    I saw two games of his when he was in high school since they played them when I was at Illinois. He's definitely a star, but I question whether he's going to be consistent at the college level. I can't really see him doing that much better than Conley did as a freshman. Which was still pretty damn good. He's pretty smooth, albeit being a stoic player. I haven't really seen much of the court vision everyone talks about, but Kevin Johnson is a good comparison. Before we start saying he's the next Glove.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Rose:
    6-4 205 lbs
    10/1/1988
    Simeon HS,Chicago,Il
    Memphis

Mayo:
    6-5 210 lbs
    11/5/1987
    Huntington HS,Huntington,WV
    USC

BeasleyBeasley gained 10 lbs of muscle before the season )
    6-9 245 lbs
    1/9/1989
    Notre Dame Prep,Mass
    Kansas State
    he is 6 god damn days older then me and 6 milleniums ahead of me athleticaly what the hell do use eat over there in america?

no scatrach that i jus relised in america use write the month first then the date so he is actualy 9 months older then my but athleteic ability still stands

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    he is 6 god damn days older then me and 6 milleniums ahead of me athleticaly what the hell do use eat over there in america?

no scatrach that i jus relised in america use write the month first then the date so he is actualy 9 months older then my but athleteic ability still stands
    I felt the same when I found out LeBron is 3 months older than me.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I saw two games of his when he was in high school since they played them when I was at Illinois. He's definitely a star, but I question whether he's going to be consistent at the college level. I can't really see him doing that much better than Conley did as a freshman. Which was still pretty damn good. He's pretty smooth, albeit being a stoic player. I haven't really seen much of the court vision everyone talks about, but Kevin Johnson is a good comparison. Before we start saying he's the next Glove.
    yeah add in the fact that he has sick athleticism, has good size for a point, and is a hard worker, i don't see how this kid wont be a star.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlThornton
    yeah add in the fact that he has sick athleticism, has good size for a point, and is a hard worker, i don't see how this kid wont be a star.
    Change athleticism for court-vision and good for amazing and this is Shaun Livingston all over again.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Change athleticism for court-vision and good for amazing and this is Shaun Livingston all over again.
    Rose isn't even close to the toothpick Livingston was. Not to mention he is a better defender, and is a better rebounder than Livingston was.
    Last edited by AlThornton; 11-08-2007 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlThornton
    Rose isn't even close to the toothpick Livingston was. Not to mention he is a better defender, and is a better rebounder than Livingston was.
    I'm not comparing their build or game. I'm comparing the amount of praise they received.

Banned

^^What praise did Livingston receive

All that was said was hes a 6ft7 PG who has the potential to become very good in the NBA if he gains weight and develops a jumpshot

Livingston would've been better at Duke for at least 3 years

Michael Beasley the future no.1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas State guard Blake Young figured teammate Michael Beasley would break some records during his time with the Wildcats.

He just didn't know it would happen in his first game.

[COLOR="red"]Beasley had 32 points and a Big 12 Conference-record 24 rebounds in his debut at Kansas State[/COLOR], leading the 25th-ranked Wildcats to a 94-63 victory over Sacramento State on Friday night.

"As far as (Beasley) jumping into the record books, I figured it was going to happen pretty soon," Young said. "Mike is excellent on rebounding. That's what he does. He's out there just snatching up everything that comes off the rim."

Beasley, the most highly touted recruit in school history and rated the nation's No. 1 incoming freshman by Rivals.com, broke the Big 12 mark of 23 rebounds set by Kevin Durant, who starred at Texas as a freshman last season, and Kansas' Nick Collison.

It was the second 30-point, 20-rebound game in Kansas State history. Bob Boozer had 36 points and 23 rebounds in 1957.

The dominating performance left Kansas State coach Frank Martin -- who won in his first game ever as a college head coach -- rather impressed. He even dared to mention Beasley in the same breath as that freshman who dominated the Big 12 last season.

"I'm not into comparing people," Martin said. "I think everyone's an individual, but the obvious comparison is with Kevin Durant because Kevin Durant was such a great player. If Kevin Durant was a freshman this year and Mike was a freshman last year, everybody would be trying to figure out if Kevin Durant can play up to Michael Beasley's standards.

"Mike's a heck of a player."

Martin is keeping Beasley and the rest of Kansas State's newcomers from talking to the media until further notice.

Young had 22 points and Jacob Pullen added 18 points and five assists for the Wildcats (1-0), who are ranked in the preseason poll for the first time since 1972. Young was 5-for-8 from the field, including 4-of-5 on 3-pointers.

Loren Leath had 23 points for the Hornets (0-1).

Kansas State was without three of its key returning players. Redshirt freshman Bill Walker and seniors David Hoskins and Clent Stewart all did not play because of injuries.

Martin said Hoskins -- who was second-team All-Big 12 selection last season -- could be out for an extended period of time after having surgery on his knee Thursday.

Walker and Stewart are both expected to be back shortly, Martin said.

With that said, Martin is not expecting a drop-off in the performance of his team.

"That's sports," he said. "If I start making excuses, then all I'm doing is preparing our team to fail. Injuries are a part of sports."

The Wildcats played at much more of an uptempo pace than last season, when they averaged 70.1 points per game under Bob Huggins, who left after just one season in Manhattan to return to West Virginia, his alma mater.

While that fast-paced, breakneck style produced a lot of points, it also created a ton of turnovers. The Hornets had 31 and Kansas State had 26, including eight from Beasley and six from Pullen, a freshman point guard.

"It sounds like nitpicking, but for us to be any good we cannot have 26 turnovers in a basketball game," Martin said.

The Wildcats' pressure defense had the Hornets' offense out of rhythm from the beginning, forcing 10 turnovers in the first 8 minutes and taking a 20-9 lead.

"Up close they are deceptively quick and I was very impressed with that," Sacramento State coach Jerome Jenkins said. "They've got really long arms that can get into the passing lanes."

Kansas State -- looking for its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1996 -- led 50-33 at halftime, and by then Beasley already had 16 points and 17 rebounds. He broke Norris Coleman's freshman school record for rebounds in just 19 minutes.

"He's a pro," Jenkins said. "They'll be lucky to have him after this year. That's all I can say about him."

The No.1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the Miami Heat select Michael Beasley from Kansas State University.

Shaquille O'Neal: " Beasley would be coming to Miami Next season to save our franchise, and i cannot wait to passed the torch to the future phenom".

Michael " The Beast" Beasley"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9u0JWU3Tdc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ttB8P0lT4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePz17QJatrM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2FHoXPF8E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1yqOwIMdUA
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-10-2007 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    ^^What praise did Livingston receive

All that was said was hes a 6ft7 PG who has the potential to become very good in the NBA if he gains weight and develops a jumpshot

Livingston would've been better at Duke for at least 3 years
    You only joined ISH recently so you missed the Shaun Livingston bandwagon. Livingston was said to be "the best PG to hit the draft since Jason Kidd" and the "next Magic Johnson".

Just because you missed or chose not to ride the "S-Live" Express doesn't mean it didn't come rolling through here.