Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

LOL I was just sitting on my couch thinking about that BYU game and how many shots he took. Then I thought of Eddie House of all players. I think that Jimmer guy is exactly like House. Instant offense if he is on, but not much else if he isn't.

Good comparison, I agree.

Banned

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    LOL I was just sitting on my couch thinking about that BYU game and how many shots he took. Then I thought of Eddie House of all players. I think that Jimmer guy is exactly like House. Instant offense if he is on, but not much else if he isn't.

Good comparison, I agree.
    not even close, jimmer is miles better than house. Even shooting which is house's forte, jimmer is much better at, than consider attacking the basket, creating your own shot, and playmaking and its not even close

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    not even close, jimmer is miles better than house. Even shooting which is house's forte, jimmer is much better at, than consider attacking the basket, creating your own shot, and playmaking and its not even close
    Really, because he didn't create a damn thing but multiple bricks to end that game. His lay ups around the hoop were very weak and would easily be defended in the NBA. I like the kid, but Eddie House could run circles around this guy.

I want to see him do his chucking in the NBA. My god he took 30 shots tonight, and never got a good rhythm from it.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Name a BYU player not named Jimmer (or the Davies kid you only know because he boned his girl). Now you know why he chucks.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Name a BYU player not named Jimmer (or the Davies kid you only know because he boned his girl). Now you know why he chucks.
    Exactly, I can't. Do you think that being able to have the absolute freedom to shoot whenever you want doesn't play a factor in his confidence? In the NBA, he's be benched for the garbage shots he takes sometimes.

He's not going to get to take 10 shots a quarter to find out if he can get his shot going.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Exactly, I can't. Do you think that being able to have the absolute freedom to shoot whenever you want doesn't play a factor in his confidence? In the NBA, he's be benched for the garbage shots he takes sometimes.

He's not going to get to take 10 shots a quarter to find out if he can get his shot going.
    I'm not defending him for chucking up 28 footers 5 seconds into the shotclock, that's just downright dumb. But I don't think his confidence is at all tied to how bright a green light he gets. He would and should get benched for stuff like that, but I just don't think he'll do it in the NBA. He didn't shoot over 45% every year as a major contributor in college by accident, his range just legitimately extends that far.

I don't think he's going to be an NBA starter and he's pretty close to the textbook example of a guy needing to go to a team/system that fits him. He goes to a place like Golden State or New York he's Vinnie Johnson, 15ish points a night in 20 or so minutes at his peak, he goes anywhere that's not built on transition offense he's going to really, really struggle.

People should be questioning his defense, specifically his effort, WAY more than his shot selection.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Utah will grab him

In seriousness, his moves are a little reminiscent of D-Will

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Utah will grab him

Utah absolutely should grab him. They have 2 lotto picks, he's worthy of drafting that high, and then the financial perks are out of this world. Frankly if he went anywhere BUT Utah I'd be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Utah will grab him

DWill is somewhere shaking his head...

just an absurd comment. Jimmer doesnt have a quarter of the handle of Dwill

I'm not defending him for chucking up 28 footers 5 seconds into the shotclock, that's just downright dumb. But I don't think his confidence is at all tied to how bright a green light he gets. He would and should get benched for stuff like that, but I just don't think he'll do it in the NBA. He didn't shoot over 45% every year as a major contributor in college by accident, his range just legitimately extends that far.

I don't think he's going to be an NBA starter and he's pretty close to the textbook example of a guy needing to go to a team/system that fits him. He goes to a place like Golden State or New York he's Vinnie Johnson, 15ish points a night in 20 or so minutes at his peak, he goes anywhere that's not built on transition offense he's going to really, really struggle.

People should be questioning his defense, specifically his effort, WAY more than his shot selection.
    Yeah, I noticed that he didn't carry his own weight on the defensive end last night. He was even pouting because his shot wasn't falling.

Utah absolutely should grab him. They have 2 lotto picks, he's worthy of drafting that high, and then the financial perks are out of this world. Frankly if he went anywhere BUT Utah I'd be amazed.
    If Utah'd objective is solely winning games then they should not draft Jimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    If Utah'd objective is solely winning games then they should not draft Jimmer.
    There's not one professional sports team who has a singular objective of "winning games." Priority one is ALWAYS make money.

There's not one professional sports team who has a singular objective of "winning games." Priority one is ALWAYS make money.
    didn't say there was...Just saying that picking Jimmer would not be in line with that objective. He isnt going to be a good player on a good team. I would stay very far away from him if I was in the lottery.

-doesnt play defense
    -doesnt have a good handle
    -bad shot selection
    -lacks pg skills
    -below average passer for pg position

don't see what he brings to the table as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    didn't say there was...Just saying that picking Jimmer would not be in line with that objective. He isnt going to be a good player on a good team. I would stay very far away from him if I was in the lottery.

-doesnt play defense
    -doesnt have a good handle
    -bad shot selection
    -lacks pg skills
    -below average passer for pg position

don't see what he brings to the table as a starter.
    People need to get off this notion that a guy being a lotto pick, especially late lotto like he'll be, should equate to being a start that contributes in a major way. Run down all the 11-14 or so picks of the last handful of years.

He's instant offense off the bench, right now and for the rest of his career. That's it. If you can get a guy that'll give you 15 a night in 20 or so minutes that's not worth a lotto pick? Then the mitigating factors of him being at BYU, him being Mormon, small markets need to balance appealing to their fanbase with making solid on court contributions. Fredette is all of that. I guarantee you the Bobcats wish they'd drafted Hansbrough, it's the same deal.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Didn't see the game but 15 3's? woah.