Andrew Bunum (Buy) I believe this upcoming season all the yapping about his abilities will be showcase throughout the whole season...
Nice Thread Lakerfreak...
The Cavs (Sell) I personnaly think Shaq won't ploay the whole season Plus, the are missing a PF that could be next to shaq. Look out for his slow start which will make LB very upset seeing Boston and the Magic get off to a good start.
Lakers Repeat (BUY) Kobe leadership and will to win and the addition of Artest and the swagger that he will bring should pump the team up in a positive way. Dude is to happy to be a LAKER for sure and everybody will feed off that energy. Looking forward to resigning LO....
Lebron MVP (Sell) Once LB realize that Shaq is not the answer then, he will become very upset and try to do to much.
VC (Sell) How old is this guy Plus I felt he's has always been overrated. The air is out of his slam dunks for sure.
1) Andrew Bynum will finally develop: Buy!!!! We have seen what he can do when healthy!!!!
2) The cavaliers will be a better team than last season: Sell The East has gotten tougher and Shaq still is terrible in pick and roll situations.
I say they lose in Semis to Boston or Orlando
3) The lakers will repeat as champions: BUY!!!!!!!! I love what Artest brings to us. Bynum will be better, Pau will be stronger, Odom will be back, Shannon Brown will be here the full year, Sasha and Farmar couldn't possibly play any worse!!!!!!
4) Lebron wins back to back MVP's: Sell!!!! This award is voted on by the writers not the players. Lebron has severely damaged his reputation lately to the point that I don't see him recovering quite yet to get their votes.
I can see Kobe, Wade, Melo, VC, KG beating him out this season.
5) Vince Carter will become an upgrade over Turkoglu: Buy??? I think VC will be better for the team and add some missing elements, therefore he will get a lot of credit for their success. I will not say VC is a better or worse than Turkoglu.
1) Andrew Bynum will finally develop: Buy, when he's been healthy he has shown us what he can do. We didn't see it in the playoffs but I really don't think he was 100% (or even 90%). Those injuries haven't been his fault.
2) The cavaliers will be a better team than last season: Buy, their team is pretty much the same with the addition of Shaq. I don't see how that could make them worse necessarily. They have plenty of size with him, Varejao, and Ilgauskas now coming off the bench. If they can add a PF who can guard the perimeter they will be scary. If they do that I think they could give Boston and Orlando troubles. Without that they are the 3rd best team in the East. So they would end up the same, but with a better team.
3) The lakers will repeat as champions: Buy, but there are a lot of things that are needed to win a championship. #1 is luck. They have to stay healthy in the playoffs. I think we are on track for a Boston & LA rematch. With the addition of Artest, LA will have the ability to match up with Pierce this time around and I think that would be the difference maker. San Antonio will be tough. As long as Parker doesn't tear up LA though the Lakers can win. Artest can match up with their big addition Jefferson.
4) Lebron wins back to back MVP's: Sell, I think now that the whole when will Lebron win a MVP award thing is over this year he will get passed up. Plus Boston and Orlando will likely have better records. Last season his team had the best record and that's probably what gave him the big boost to win it. This year look for Kobe again, if the Lakers can put up the best record in the league. Also KG if he comes back 100% and puts the Celtics back on top in the East. If D-Wade puts up huge numbers again he could be that wild card guy with a mediocre team. I think Dwight Howard will be talked about this year too.
5) Vince Carter will become an upgrade over Turkoglu: Buy, Carter is still a scoring machine, regardless of his age. Turkoglu didn't require a double team. Carter is a guy who can draw a double team. Howard is a guy that can need to be doubled. With two players on the court that need to be doubled that makes the defensive end of the floor that much more difficult. Now it's not just do you defend the 3 or double Howard. It's do you defend the 3, double Howard, or double Vince???