Default Peja Stojakovic vs Detlef Schrempf

Is Peja's - not much greater but clearly - better scoring prowess enough to rank him above Detlef's higher impact on the boards and as far as playmaking for others (even defense)?
    Also, Schrempf could definitely shoot but not quite like Stojakovic, even though he was better in the post...

Who would you say was clutcher and better in the post-season?

I think Peja was better to have as a 1st option but anything else gimme Detlef...

Who would you pick for your team, at their best?

Golden State Aster*sks

Default Re: Peja Stojakovic vs Detlef Schrempf

Deaf Shrimp used to be one of my favorite players growing up because of his awesome flat top. Never had I seen a haircut perfectly match the size of a person's head before. If I were standed on an island and had to bring one person with a flat top, it'd definitely be Detleft Shremph.

Peja was a known choker. Guy was wide open for a corner 3 in game 7 against the Lakers in a time game and shot an airball. Can you imagine Steph Curry shooting an airball on a wide open 3 from the corner at the end of a game? I couldn't. Plus he had no toughness, which Shrempf clearly had.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Peja was a known choker. Guy was wide open for a corner 3 in game 7 against the Lakers in a time game and shot an airball. Can you imagine Steph Curry shooting an airball on a wide open 3 from the corner at the end of a game? I couldn't. Plus he had no toughness, which Shrempf clearly had.
    Peja was weird tho. He shot a lot of airballs in general

[COLOR=Teal]Ask Kings fans.
    [/COLOR]

I rule the local playground

Overall, I'd go with Schrempf.

But Peja's 3 years between 2002 and 2004 were something to behold - he was already very good and on an upward trajectory. I remember that people were seriously debating whether Peja was better than Dirk (who had a not-so-great season in 2003-04, playing alongside Walker and Jamison). Some people were even talking about him as an MVP candidate at some point during that 2003-04 season.

Don't remember why he levelled off afterward, but that was a pretty good run and damn, I'm getting old.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

peja had many issues with back problems after 2005,it was impossible to play 100%,he said that in his finals years he was with the psysio more time than his trainer
    and when he was 18 he had acl problem
    at least his was cluth for my team against our rivals in the final game

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    [COLOR=Gray]Some people were even talking about him as an MVP candidate at some point during that 2003-04 season.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]That was the year he finished 4th in the MVP voting, ahead of Kobe and Shaq. I remember some ISH members getting mad at me at the time for saying mid-season he was better than rookie LeBron. Unfortunate that he just faded in the playoffs for whatever reason.[/COLOR]

One of my cousins really tried telling me that Detlef was better than Scottie Pippen and I haven't really talked to him since, but I gotta go with Peja on this one.

NBA sixth man of the year

Detlef, period. Don't feel like going into it. I remember watching Detlef during his entire playing time here. He was the best all around player on the team. Could get you 20-25 points with good efficiency, completely within the offense. He was also a good defender. Never great but definitely better than Peja. Could shoot well enough, especially for a SF back then.

Peja was a LETHAL shooter but I'm taking Detlef....

Serious playground baller

Peja. He was once an MVP candidate, which Detlef never sniffed. I was a bigger fan of Detlef though.