Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White

The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White for "refusing to provide services" required by his contract.

General manager Daryl Morey said Sunday that the team will continue to work with White in hopes of finding a resolution.
    Last week, White refused his assignment to Houston's D-League affiliate. The 16th overall pick in the June draft has spent most of the season on Houston's inactive list while he and the team figure out how to handle his anxiety disorder and overall mental health.
    The 6-foot-8 White missed the first week of training camp. He flew to Detroit with the team for the season opener and then traveled by bus to Atlanta and Memphis for games. But he soon stopped participating in team activities, saying his mental health took precedence over his NBA career.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/06/r....html?rss=true

Default Re: The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White

he be buggin out on twitter, its good to watch. Dude is a spoiled brat who clearly just whines to get his way. Its like he cant comprehend the ass reaming he is about to receive from the NBA.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It's like he wants to be blackballed.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Why didn't he come out with this load of horse shit before he signed his $3 million contract?
    Because he is a scumbag who wanted to secure a contract then demand shit because he thought he had leverage. He should be suspended for the remainder of the season or the Rockets should void is contract completely so he no longer continues to make money from the league. He keeps saying basketball isn't worth his life. Why not retire then? The Rockets clearly have no interest in helping you ( which is sort of ****ed up).

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    he be buggin out on twitter, its good to watch. Dude is a spoiled brat who clearly just whines to get his way. Its like he cant comprehend the ass reaming he is about to receive from the NBA.
    Couldn't be further from the truth. Kid has some serious issues that stop him living his life.

"If I was in that situation I would do whatever they asked, he's being paid to play ball!"

Royce has had these issues before basketball, he will have them after basketball. Rockets knew this but still picked him.

Royce isn't blameless, he could have not entered the draft. But his dream was right in front of his face. No one would turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    Couldn't be further from the truth. Kid has some serious issues that stop him living his life.

"If I was in that situation I would do whatever they asked, he's being paid to play ball!"

Royce has had these issues before basketball, he will have them after basketball. Rockets knew this but still picked him.

Royce isn't blameless, he could have not entered the draft. But his dream was right in front of his face. No one would turn it down.
    What? No they don't. They only "stopped him from living his life" once he got to the NBA. I've followed this guy since his early days in high school and he has ALWAYS been a douche.

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    What? No they don't. They only "stopped him from living his life" once he got to the NBA. I've followed this guy since his early days in high school and he has ALWAYS been a douche.
    Why has he been a douche?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ct-royce-white

Decent college freshman

I don't completely discredit people with mental illness ... but at the same time ... people are weak. too many times I've seen people take an excuse and run with it. royce has been a fool, and I dont think he can blame it all on his anxiety.

He has always acted like he is better than everyone else and always used to get into trouble.

So glad we didn't end up drafting this joke.

NBA rookie of the year

He is making himself look more and more of a fool each day. Who is his agent/representation? Talk about a diasater of a client.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I don't completely discredit people with mental illness ... but at the same time ... people are weak. too many times I've seen people take an excuse and run with it. royce has been a fool, and I dont think he can blame it all on his anxiety.

This guy has a behavioral disorder, it's not just anxiety. He somehow got it into his head that he is not responsible for his behavior and can manipulate people to get what he wants. If the Rockets were smart, they would play hardball with him and not give in, Because if they did they would be playing right into his hands, and he would just keep asking for more. The Rockets did the right thing, and they should pursue voiding his contract. White will either give in when he realizes that his career is about to be over or he will just give up and walk away. There' really no other option.

Royce isnt the only one with an anxiety disorder. But he's probably the only guy who can say he makes around 60k per week from his job while having yet to report to work.

I understand he has anxiety but its not the paralyzing anxiety he is making it out to be. There are plenty of people with his problems that have to fight through it. He clearly will not even attempt and is sitting around whining like a bitch. The problems isnt anxiety its his attitude which is preventing any kind of progress. The Rockets basically just said, your move Royce. If he does nothing hell be out of the league soon.

I honestly feel like the anti-depressants he takes in addition to the bad advice he gets from the people around him who seem to work as enablers are just really shooting him in the foot in regards to an NBA career. He considers pretty much anything he doesn't like to be "unhealthy." I hate to say it but he needs to get on with his life and try and find a new career.