Default Disturbing stats this early

I know it's VERY EARLY with just 3 games played
    and D'Angelo Russell is 7th in PER for his team behind Mozgov, Williams, Clarkson,Randle and even bench players like Black and Nance.
    The PG leads his team in assists at a so so 4.3 apg but his 1.3 turnovers/game made his assist to TO ratio at 1.3.
    You also factor in how he is taking almost 17 shots/game, that's like passing once for every 4 attempts for the lead PG. His 8 3pt shots is nearly doubling his assists.
    Despite taking the most shots at 16.7, he is 8th best in FG% and even if you factor in his 3pt shots, his adjusted FG% is ONLY 9TH BEST.
    After a great game vs HOuston, Clarkson has fell off at 22% from the 3pt line.
    The whole team is allowing nearlyh 108pts/game at 55%FG allowing 22.3 FTs/game.

Default Re: Disturbing Stats this early

Defense looks horrendous. I think we can still win up to 30 games, but no more than that

I hope Luke makes some rotation changes so we can get more contributions off the bench.

Zubac needs some playing time.

Home of the 16

3 games on the road is pretty unfair, tbh. lol

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    3 games on the road is pretty unfair, tbh. lol
    Ok fair enough, it's a young team, I understand there will be a ton of mistakes but at times I don't see the energy esp when they start missing their shots.
    It seems to me that they esp Russell's body movement is different, I mean, I don't even see them dive for loose ball unlike the HOuston game.
    I was encouraged by Last night tho, even when lost the game.

Default Re: Disturbing stats this early

Disturbing stat, we are 5-4.... I am not sure I am used to this winning record LOL.

I remember a long time ago when we had Sasha Vujacic, Kerr as an analyst would always discuss how Sasha was one of those players that needed to become more comfortable before his shooting percentage would begin to rise.

Russel is starting to work on it, and he is still a little inconsistent. Imagine when he is comfortable though. He's going to look pretty good. I don't want to jump to conclusions early, and truthfully I do not have any player comparisons for him just yet. Some say he is going to be like Conley, which is not bad, but I do not see his defense there yet. His shooting and ability to control the ball reminds me (at times ) of Chris Paul.

Wonder what mid-season form will look like for this team.

Home of the 16

OMG. You are back. I almost died

High School Varsity 6th Man

We are going to make the playoffs this year. Playoff teams usually have some superlative attached to them (best rebounding team, #1 assist team, best fg% team, etc.) Our team boasts the #1 scoring bench in the NBA. That is enough to win us games, but obviously we have to improve in other areas to actually be relevant when we get to the playoffs.

If we are going to make a trade at the trade deadline this year, I believe th e following players are expendable on our roster. Deng, Huertas, Calderon, Metta, and Robinson. Everyone else is a piece to the championship puzzle in my opinion.

With that said, I would find it interesting to get peoples feedback on who we could realistically acquire if we were to give up some combination of said expendable players.